• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man United don't wear shirts anymore.

kanyesmile.gif

K1LLER7

RVP coming to United means he's accepted his fate of sitting on the bench while Bebe plays up front. Nothing he can do when a player of Bebe's class plays in the same position.

Ooo I like that. I was thinking the same but we can't make that happen unless we put Valencia as our RB or keep interchanging Valencia and Nani as our right winger. But that would mean we would have to rely on kagawa, Roo, nani/val to trackback and help out the defence once in a while.

Nani and roo are good at it.How good is kagawa in tracking back and helping out?

Kagawa was excellent tracking back and pressing the ball at Dortmund - and he won quite a few balls back in the pre-season games. I think people are underestimating the tactical implications of his signing for United this season.

RVP coming to United means he's accepted his fate of sitting on the bench while Bebe plays up front. Nothing he can do when a player of Bebe's class plays in the same position.

Your avatar depresses me, look into his eyes man. He knows he can't make it. His eyes say more than 15 terrible crosses in a single game ever could.

:(

Imagine if Bebe let Bolt teach him.

Bolt would make him world class.
And by world class, I mean still couldn't make a good cross

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Van Persie top scorer next season: 5000 pesos, because I ran out of euros.

Clegg

Its going to be so weird seeing RVP in a United jersey.

Think he'll start on Monday?

IMO he won't, but you never know!!

United fans:

Do you think we're done for the transfer window? Personally, I think we are. And whilst Kagawa and RVP(provided nothing goes wrong) are 2 excellent signings, we're still short of quality in midfield.

Kagawa and RVP are two signings that will improve our first team. Powell and Henriquez are two exciting prospects for the future. I'm happy with the business thats been done this summer. Still concerned about our midfield though.

We're two certain players short in midfield, especially with Fletcher injured and no alternative to Carrick - which SAF himself admitted to this summer. This is the season which decides whether Anderson can stand up and repay all the faith put in him, Cleverley can do the same to a lesser extent, and Scholes can hopefully be phased out in style. If the former two hit their ideal targets and Fletcher can stage a miraculous recovery, one signing to cover for Carrick is perhaps all we'll need. But I expect that to happen next summer. Fergie's placed a lot of trust in this crew and he likely wants to give them another chance without injuries marring the opportunity.

We have a bunch of impressive technical midfielders, not to mention strikers, coming through - Petrucci, Cole and Lingard a few years away and more in the academy - so long-term I'm not worried about the attacking side of our game.

Evra is the other main issue. However, I do think Fabio will come back a fine replacement for Evra next year. This loan should be the making of him, a la Cleverley at Wigan and Welbeck at Sunderland. At least, in the Premier League. I remain impressed at how well he did all the way into a CL final at RB season-before-last. He really missed out on a big opportunity last season and I can see why Fergie wants to give him guaranteed first team football.

So, is Ferguson taking risks? Definitely. But I don't view them as totally insane ones.

Arnie

He would be playing at the highest level & would probably receive better training at Arsenal to do so.

This is also a possibility.

That's just utter bollocks. In what way can you honestly judge the coaching both Rodgers and Wenger can provide, as simply a fan? The one person who can, Mourinho, strongly insisted that Sahin move to Liverpool, for the simple and only reason that he'll return a better player for it. That's what Mourinho wants out of this deal, and he's made his judgement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom