• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
From the French journalist that claimed Hernandez wants to leave United

He thinks United are interested in Christian Eriksen.

Also said that Hernandez wanted to leave because he wants to assure his starting spot for Mexicos 2014 World Cup squad.

He's calling Eriksen a striker? He plays in the same position as Kagawa doesn't he?

Also said that Hernandez wanted to leave because he wants to assure his starting spot for Mexicos 2014 World Cup squad.

Would be lovely. Could stand to lose Chicha as much as I like him.

FootballFan

And how many games did Keita play last season? Joining a club to be an option on the bench is dumb.

He played most games in Barca, even more than even Valdes in 2010/11 (mostly off the bench, started 23 tims). As for last season, it was the same scenario, mainly being subbed in. Started in 17 games I think.

Zabojnik

As for as anyone knows Real Madrid are not open to selling Sahin. As for Juventus I would say out of their current squad only Chiellini, Pirlo, Buffon are world class. Player like Vidal are very good players Marchisio but I don't think they are world class.

Frankly, I don't know who is world class and who isn't, or what even makes a player world class these days. But if you rate Chiellini as such, then you cannot not rate Marchisio the same way. He's every bit as good as Chiellini, albeit in a different role, obviously. Same goes for Vidal. I guess the upcoming CL will clarify some of that.

I was joking. I think. I just can't shake that YouTube video from my mind. No doubt the least impressive goals video I've ever seen.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
As for Juventus I would say out of their current squad only Chiellini, Pirlo, Buffon are world class. Player like Vidal are very good players Marchisio but I don't think they are world class.

World class is a very loose term. People are still debating if players like Nani and Tevez are WC, let alone players you know very little about.

kharma45

I can't see Chica itching for a move at this stage imo, although if he wanted to go I'd let him, too nice a fella to stand in his way.

3Sixty

"Saints have made £6m bid for Phillips. Official bid, told you first #saintsfc"

That's Blackpool's Matt Phillips, very promising young player but... £6m?

FootballFan

World class is a very loose term. People are still debating if players like Nani and Tevez are WC, let alone players you know very little about.

I'll break it down, it goes:

Messi-class.
Ronaldo, Iniesta, Xavi-class
World-class
Rest.

Seriously though, I dont know why this world class discussion seems to always come up lol.

ShogunX

Frankly, I don't know who is world class and who isn't, or what even makes a player world class these days, but if you rate Chiellini as such, then you cannot not rate Marchisio the same way. He's every bit as good as Chiellini, albeit in a different role, obviously. Same goes for Vidal. I guess the upcoming CL will clarify some of that.

World class when I was growing up was a term used to describe players who were arguably in the top three or five in their position in the world. As far as CB's go I rate Chiellini pretty highly so to call him world class is fair in my opinion.

Like you say the upcoming Champions League campaign will provide a lot of answers about Juventus and I loom forward to seeing them in action.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I don't think being WC is related to playing well in the CL. Ibra never played well there :/

Man City is filled with WC players and they crashed out early.

APOEL?

ShogunX

Not sure if the end part of your post is a sly dig at me but I've been watching Italian football for nearly 15 years after I adopted AC Milan as my second favourite club behind Liverpool when I was in my mid teens. Sadly the days of believing Taribo West was a tank because of his hair have well gone as have the days of Zvonimir Boban.

Hixx

You guys were rumoured to be in for him at one point no?

Yeah. I'd still take him for £6m tbh. He looked decent in the PL when Blackpool were up, only got a few games but he played against us and looked fantastic. And he had a good season last year too.

GorillaJu

Thank fuck the RVP saga is over. Happy to see United spend money in a position that they really don't need to. I'm probably wrong in this but I don't really see RVP making that big a difference to United's title challenge, but it will help them with juggling the multiple competitions.

It'll be gag worthy when he comes out an says how important Arsenal was to him and that he'll "always be a gunner." When you switch from one title-challenging team to another in the same league, that is the height of betrayal and he is in no position to try and endear himself to fans after the way he's behaved.

Zabojnik

World class when I was growing up was a term used to describe players who were arguably in the top three or five in their position in the world. As far as CB's go I rate Chiellini pretty highly so to call him world class is fair in my opinion.

Like you say the upcoming Champions League campaign will provide a lot of answers about Juventus and I loom forward to seeing them in action.

Fair enough. Playing in CL will be a new experience for a lot of our players, who knows how they'll react. Wish we would land in a soft group to get things started properly, however it's much more likely that we'll end up in a group of death. :/

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
^We can't do it without Conte. :(
Not sure if the end part of your post is a sly dig at me but I've been watching Italian football for nearly 15 years after I adopted AC Milan as my second favourite club behind Liverpool when I was in my mid teens. Sadly the days of believing Taribo West was a tank because of his hair have well gone as have the days of Boban.

It wasn't.

And I'm disappointed

Yen

Not sure if the end part of your post is a sly dig at me but I've been watching Italian football for nearly 15 years after I adopted AC Milan as my second favourite club behind Liverpool when I was in my mid teens. Sadly the days of believing Taribo West was a tank because of his hair have well gone as have the days of Boban.

Taribo West was well into his fifties when he retired. True story.

Salvadora

It'll be gag worthy when he comes out an says how important Arsenal was to him and that he'll "always be a gunner." When you switch from one title-challenging team to another in the same league, that is the height of betrayal and he is in no position to try and endear himself to fans after the way he's behaved.

Cue United fans saying we are not rivals.

LegoArmo

Do people honestly, seriously, believe that Arsenal are a title-challenging team? They've not won a thing in 7-8 years. Van Persie has done what he has to to win some trophies before the end of his career.

Salvadora

Do people honestly, seriously, believe that Arsenal are a title-challenging team? They've not won a thing in 7-8 years. Van Persie has done what he has to to win some trophies before the end of his career.

We came 3rd last season ffs. The way people in here talk you'd think we were in league 2

Fergie

Banned

Doesn't Dos Santos have about total 55 club appearances beside his Barcelona days? Still gets picked and plays regularly for the Mexico side, even played in the Olympics.

I think Chicharito will be fine, 2 years is a long time.

sixghost

Yeah. I'd still take him for £6m tbh. He looked decent in the PL when Blackpool were up, only got a few games but he played against us and looked fantastic. And he had a good season last year too.

What ever happened to Gyan? Didn't he get loaned to some club in the middle east in the middle of the season?

Are we really still pretending Arsenal to be title challengers? It's been over 7 years and Arsenal has time after time shown how unambitious they are.

Kyoufu

We came 3rd last season ffs. The way people in here talk you'd think we were in league 2

It was mathematically possible for Newcastle to get 3rd on the last day of the season yet everyone says we're mid-table trash that should be doing David Moyes' laundry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom