• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Doesn't Mourinho hates Wenger? Maybe thats why he is pushing for Sahin to go to Liverpool.

Zabojnik

Stay strong, Arnie. I believe in Rodgers and Borini. Hope you prove the haters
in this thread
wrong!

tumblr_m71lndrtlN1qdlh1io1_400.gif

Arnie

not sure why a Guardian article conclusively closes the door on a Sahin deal. there was an earlier one saying Arsenal were ahead in getting Sahin, claiming Mou let Sahin go wherever he wanted. It's not done yet and while I'm sure Liverpool has far better negotiators and manager, no point reading too much into where he might go atm.

I hate to paraphrase famed ITK The Other One, but... this is football. Things change. Maybe Arsenal will smarten up and pay all his wages now that there's a bit more cash-flow. Maybe not.

We'll see, but actual ITKs like Duncan Jenkins have said it's 100% done, barring medical and contactual garbage. And the primary reason behind the deal that did swing it from Arsenal to Liverpool's favour isn't one that'll change should Arsenal match the wage package Liverpool are offering: Mourinho believes Sahin will get a better education under Rodgers, it's a manager he trusts completely. Sahin himself will do whatever Mourinho wants because he sees any move as a temporary stopgap before he's back at Madrid.

Stay strong, Arnie. I believe in Rodgers and Borini. Hope you prove the haters
in this thread
wrong!

tumblr_m71lndrtlN1qdlh1io1_400.gif

Cheers boss. I believe in Rodgers too.

Doesn't Mourinho hates Wenger? Maybe thats why he is pushing for Sahin to go to Liverpool.
That's very naive.

Sahin's a multi-million pound asset to Madrid, Mourinho isn't going to purposefully constrain said asset's development over any personal feelings that are par for the course in such a competitive sport. I'm sure Mourinho respects Wenger greatly, as any proper footballing person would.

Right, it's the middle of the night and I've got nowt to do so here are my full table predictions.

1. Man United (too excited after the RVP news not to)
2. Man City
3. Chelsea
4. Arsenal
5. Spurs
6. Liverpool
7. Newcastle
8. Everton
9. Villa
10. Sunderland
11. Fulham
12. Stoke
13. QPR
14. Swansea
15. West Brom
16. West Ham
17. Wigan
18. Norwich
19. Reading
20. Southampton

bud

That's just utter bollocks. In what way can you honestly judge the coaching both Rodgers and Wenger can provide, as simply a fan? The one person who can, Mourinho, strongly insisted that Sahin move to Liverpool, for the simple and only reason that he'll return a better player for it. That's what Mourinho wants out of this deal, and he's made his judgement.

so you're just ignoring this part, then:

The Spanish champions would prefer Sahin did not join a club that is also in the Champions League and Liverpool are prepared to pay more of the player's salary than Arsenal. They have also had the advantage of Xabi Alonso extolling the virtues of his former club to Sahin in recent weeks.

?

because liverpool offering to pay the more than arsenal & them not playing in champions league which means there's no chance of him playing against his own team seem more likely reasons for pushing him towards liverpool than mourinho being an admirer of rodgers (which i am, too). judging from that article, anyway.

PaulLFC

so you're just ignoring this part, then:

?

because liverpool offering to pay the more than arsenal & them not playing in champions league which means there's no chance of him playing against his own team seem more likely reasons for this pushing him towards liverpool than mourinho being an admirer of rodgers (which i am, too). judging from that article, anyway.
He's not ignoring anything. Salvadora said Sahin will get better coaching at Arsenal than he would at Liverpool, Arnie said that's bollocks because you can't judge it without having been part of both coaching setups.

:lol Sorry dude.

I won't lie, I know very little about Southampton and Reading so I have just stuck them at the bottom of the pile. I thought the same last season with Norwich and Swansea too and I was proven dead wrong so hopefully for you guys the same happens again and the promoted sides surprise us.

I was thinking the same because so much can change but that's kinda cheating because then you'll have seen how some sides have started off.

But if you wanna cheat like that, go ahead dude.

I'm going to have too! This transfer window could still throw some crazy shit at us, in fact I'm sure it will.

Wilbur

Banned
Woah, just seen how high up Rooney is on the scoring record for United at 26. 4th on 181 with Jack Rowley on 211, Denis Law on 237 and Bobby Charlton on 249.

Can see him breaking it before he retires for sure.

3Sixty

:lol Sorry dude.

I won't lie, I know very little about Southampton and Reading so I have just stuck them at the bottom of the pile. I thought the same last season with Norwich and Swansea too and I was proven dead wrong so hopefully for you guys the same happens again and the promoted sides surprise us.

Haha, fair enough. Chances are all 3 promoted teams will be in the scrap. Think most people are giving West Ham too much credit, they're basically a worse Stoke.

Arnie

because liverpool offering to pay the more than arsenal & them not playing in champions league which means there's no chance of him playing against his own team seem more likely reasons for pushing him towards liverpool than mourinho being an admirer of rodgers (which i am, too). judging from that article, anyway.

I'm not ignoring any of that, in fact we identified them as factors before that article surfaced, primarily because we're going off a wealth of information pushed through reliable channels over the last 24 hours. And amidst that deluge of information, in fact central to it, is the idea that Mourinho really wants Sahin to go to Liverpool because of Rodgers. It's that fact, in relation to Salvadore's assertion that Sahin would be coached to a higher standard at Arsenal, that I really took opposition too.

I also believe that if Mourinho wants Sahin to play under Rodgers next season, Sahin will play at Liverpool, regardless of whether Arsenal up their offer to match Liverpool. Mourinho is Madrid, and Sahin is desperate to prove himself to Mourinho.

And Mumei, you know what to do:

campioni-dolce-gabbana-book-borini.jpg

Wilbur

Banned
Haha, fair enough. Chances are all 3 promoted teams will be in the scrap. Think most people are giving West Ham too much credit, they're basically a worse Stoke.

Fat Sam's got something about him though, and they've made a few good signings.

I reckon you'll stay up though, Adkins is class.

Woah, just seen how high up Rooney is on the scoring record for United at 26. 4th on 181 with Jack Rowley on 211, Denis Law on 237 and Bobby Charlton on 249.

Can see him breaking it before he retires for sure.
If he sticks around he will get to the top.

I kinda want him to and I kinda don't - it'll be a little sad to see Sir Bobby displaced.

I agree, and that's why I think they'll stay up. They'll scrap and fight for points and just manage it.

3Sixty

I reckon you'll stay up though, Adkins is class.

Yeah, the bloke is great, I really buy into his philosophy and I think the players do too. Which is why getting the right players in is key for us, if someone upsets the ship it will probably sink.

Arnie

Torres and Borini are man-prettier than Cabaye, without a doubt.

And Cavani and Chiellini are more man-handsome than anyone you care to mention, including George Elokobie.

Clegg

On Tuesday, Howard Nurse said there were no transfers imminent for Manchester. Since then, we've had 2 transfers confirmed.

Where does he get his info from?

3Sixty

Just wait until Morgan Schneiderlin and Paulo Gazzaniga get introduced to the premier league. Gabby Logan will be swooning mid interview.

bud

He's not ignoring anything. Salvadora said Sahin will get better coaching at Arsenal than he would at Liverpool, Arnie said that's bollocks because you can't judge it without having been part of both coaching setups.

developing a player doesn't just come down to the quality of the coach/coaching environment. it's also about the quality of the squad you're training with, the amount of games you play and on what level you do that.

arsenal have a better squad. and if he'd get roughly the same amount of games this year in arsenal as he would in liverpool, then he'd be able to improve more than he could at liverpool because a] he's also playing champions league games. well, at least six of them, anyway. there's only the europa league for liverpool, and b] arsenal's way of football is already set in stone more or less whereas rodgers is still in the process of making liverpool play like he wants them to. who knows how long that will take and if he'll really succeed this year?

arsenal play fluid attacking football which is perfectly suited to sahin's style of playing. i think it'd be easier for him to settle in on arsenal's midfield than on liverpool's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom