• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I went to bed and didn't see this post until now. Thanks for the info.

Sigh. I wish I didn't have to go to work right now. I suppose I'll have some time to browse, though.

Also:

ixjTXYH9jNRTb.jpg

Come on now.

haha yes, Mumei will fit in nicely.

I'd happily take Bendtner behind Llorente and Matri.

I also had to google VVV Venlo to make sure they were a real team. Turns out they have a Japanese striker. His name: Robert Cullen, of course.

22RobertCULLEN.jpg

Northern Irish father, Japanese mother. Interesting mix of nationalities.

GorillaJu

I also had to google VVV Venlo to make sure they were a real team. Turns out they have a Japanese striker. His name: Robert Cullen, of course.

22RobertCULLEN.jpg

Honda Keisuke started his career off at VVV
Venlo as well

Arjen

22RobertCULLEN.jpg

He said, his team tied against VVV, so he probably supports Heracles.
You'd probably like their jersey.

Carbonox

22RobertCULLEN.jpg

Northern Irish Japanese dude called Robert Cullen. Normal.

Clegg

I used to live like 2 minutes from there!

Never realised that was the hospital the medicals were done at haha.

Seriously though, it's 4pm. Where's Robin?

At the BWIN presser, SAF said RVP would be having his medical later this afternoon.

So he is either on route to the hospital or contract talks with his agent have broken down and hes not coming anymore.

Why is Elkann signing autographs for Juve fans? The fuck?

SIGN A CHEQUE IF YOU WANT TO SIGN SOMETHING JOHN. MAKE IT OUT TO LLORENTE.

-

Yenrot, if you think Tesco sushi is good sushi I don't know what to tell you mate. :p

Although I don't want to get into another cold chocolate vs room temperature chocolate. That was a war nobody won.

Yen

Yenrot, if you think Tesco sushi is good sushi I don't know what to tell you mate. :p

Although I don't want to get into another cold chocolate vs room temperature chocolate. That was a war nobody won.

It's alright. But "the Irish hate fish"?? Who told you this? Pure racism, that's what it is.
As for chocolate, I have no strong feelings one way or the other.

Teh reason it sucks is because fans like you have started acting like board members, looking at the Europa League in terms of the money that can be gained from it, rather than the trophy you can win

Zabojnik

John Elkann signing Juve jerserys. Why? Why would you let him him deface a perfectely good shirt? SGANCIA LA GRANA, JOHN!!

EDIT: The black Verratti is of the game. Go Pogby!

sohois

£5 to third, £25 to second, £100 to first?

Hope there's not a massive gap between 1st, 2nd and 3rd

I'm not in the paid league, so feel free to discard my opinion, but you should divide the money up like the PL - first 4 get CL-style money, everyone else gets nothing. Bottom 3 get parachute payments of £1 every year for the next 3 years.

offshore

This is pretty much the reason why Europa League sucks:

FC Porto won 8 milllion for winning the competition. MSK Zilina and FK Partizan received roughly the same amount for putting in a poor campaign in the CL.

Of course FC Porto probably came out ahead thanks to TV Rights but probably not by much.

This money over a trophy attitude is really shoddy :/

I'd be really disappointed if our players didn't care about the EL.

Kyoufu

Teh reason it sucks is because fans like you have started acting like board members, looking at the Europa League in terms of the money that can be gained from it, rather than the trophy you can win

20 game tournament is excessive though. I would like trophies too but my priority is always going to be the league.

Not sure what more you want from me.

If we had a big juicy squad I'd be up for it, but we don't.

I'm not in the paid league, so feel free to discard my opinion, but you should divide the money up like the PL - first 4 get CL-style money, everyone else gets nothing. Bottom 3 get parachute payments of £1 every year for the next 3 years.

Join the league, then I'll pretend to give a shit about your worthless opinion

:p

I'd like to have a big pot for the winner though, otherwise there'll be no incentive to win. The banter would be amazing if we went into the last day of the season with 2 people having a chance of winning, seperated by 10 or so points, with a £85 difference on the line

20 game tournament is excessive though. I would like trophies too but my priority is always going to be the league.

Not sure what more you want from me.

If we had a big juicy squad I'd be up for it, but we don't.

I was trying to reply to Kozak but I didn't post quickly enough so it looks like a random attack :D

Kozak

Banned
This money over a trophy attitude is really shoddy :/

I'd be really disappointed if our players didn't care about the EL.

A few years ago I would have loved to win the Europa League. Now I'd rather focus on the league and ensure Champions League qualification.

Its not just about money (a lot of it is though), the competition draws players to your club, Europa League doesn't. Champions League is the only way to keep in touch with the clubs owned by billionaires.

Its important to the league I support. Its no coincidence that Galatasaray fell off the European football scene as soon as they started to fail to qualify for the Champions League.

I love fish, except salmon.

Salmon is horrible.

Salmon skin fried really crispy is delicious.

And I know cod is the traditional for fish and chips here but I much prefer snapper.

Edit:

Fish is rather expensive, yes, but crikey, didn't think the island actively dislikes it. I find the "views on Britian" comment to be amusing :p. I love the BBC!

Some of my friends refuse to watch it (except for the Olympics, obv)

Fry

Before Allen signed, Adam was already an option from the bench. With Sahin, he probably won't see the color of the ball for a while.

Thank fuck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom