• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

Does anyone else think that Afellay made a terrible career decision when he decided to move to Barca?

Very much so :(. He deserves to be a starter but it was never going to happen in Barca. Couple that with some terrible injuries. Bad move great player.

Il Pog is amazing. He's so imposing in the midfield because of the size.

Also, don't forget the inevitable BAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYERNNNNNNN posts, Inter girl crying, and all us Juventini with lots of Pirlo, Vidal, and Marchisiooooooo screams.

:lolerpool is obviously the standard.

Arnie

I can confirm that I am indeed good value.

Currently having my head well and truly bent by Adobe Illustrator in my quest to draw a tree.

Clegg

Pedro's best move would be to leave if he's going to have Tello playing ahead of him.

I think we'll see Pedro back in the starting XI. Dropping Pedro was a mystifying decision by Pep. It was almost as bad as playing 3-4-3 for the majority of last season. Guardiola made some very bad choices last season.

Meier

Alrighty footy-GAF, I'm not sure if that song My Body caught on in the UK or not, but if it didn't (or even if it did), I recommend checking out the Young the Giant album. Very underrated.

472px-Sameer_Gadhia_of_Young_the_Giant_at_Sasquatch_2011.jpg

Lead singer Sameer Gadhia

Young_the_Giant_-_Young_the_Giant.jpg

Album cover

Apparently Moz is a fan of it?

Carbonox

ivyAVhf1WXJAo.png

Maybe the most small time plastic thing i've ever seen.

This is cringe-worthy. Good fucking lord. Plus Reading vs Stoke is some proper Wigan vs Wolves level of League 1 boredom.

Reading need to be gone from this league just out of sheer necessity because they're a plain jane club.

I can't believe he's only 19. He plays like a vet.

I really believe Frogson had Pogba in his plans this season. His composure on the ball is fantastic. Bit of a JT move on his part, likely a myopic one as well, but all-round quality like that doesn't come along too often; on the whole, wish we'd integrated him more quickly. There's a chance Raiola would've gotten into his ear no matter what of course.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Does anyone else think that Afellay made a terrible career decision when he decided to move to Barca?

Moving to Real/Barca is often a mistake long-term. Kaka, Van Der Vaart, Robben, Sneijder, Sahin, Ibra, Owen, Woodgate, Adriano, Altintop, all wasted their time going there. Unless you are truly world class you are doomed to the bench for years and will be shuffled off on the cheap.

LegoArmo

I really believe Frogson had Pogba in his plans this season. His composure on the ball is fantastic. Bit of a JT move on his part, likely a myopic one as well, but all-round quality like that doesn't come along too often; on the whole, wish we'd integrated him more quickly. There's a chance Raiola would've gotten into his ear no matter what of course.

Reckon he just didn't like Manchester too much?

offshore

Moving to Real/Barca is often a mistake long-term. Kaka, Van Der Vaart, Robben, Sneijder, Sahin, Ibra, Owen, Woodgate, Adriano, Altintop, all wasted their time going there. Unless you are truly world class you are doomed to the bench for years and will be shuffled off on the cheap.

I'm still amazed we got 13m for Woodgate.

Hixx

I can't even make the Danny Guthrie one work in my head.

For context: http://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/article/songsheet-160812-315627.aspx

They are handing them out before the game so all their Jonny come lately fans know some chants.

Leigertwood(?)'s face says it all.

Soon, he's too good for the Championship.

I don't think we'll sign him. Reckon we'll get 2 more in... Fletcher won't be one of them. Someone will buy him next year/in January for <£10m.

Messi

Pedro's best move would be to leave if he's going to have Tello playing ahead of him.

This is wrong

I think we'll see Pedro back in the starting XI. Dropping Pedro was a mystifying decision by Pep. It was almost as bad as playing 3-4-3 for the majority of last season. Guardiola made some very choices last season.

I am convinced something happened between Pep and Pedro, because it made no sense to play tello or cuenca in those games where Pedro was fit. I agree Pedro will be back in the first team much more this season.

Yen

It was almost as bad as playing 3-4-3 for the majority of last season. Guardiola made some very choices last season.

It was cool last season for a few games 343 was the formation yet every outfield player was at least a midfielder (no recognised defender) and extremely comfortable with the ball.

Messi

It was cool last season for a few games 343 was the formation yet every outfield player was at least a midfielder (no recognised defender) and extremely comfortable with the ball.

3-4-3 games were horrible to watch, everytime a team counter attacked barca got caught. It was mostly because Puyol was hurt though.

Arjen

Alrighty footy-GAF, I'm not sure if that song My Body caught on in the UK or not, but if it didn't (or even if it did), I recommend checking out the Young the Giant album. Very underrated.

Album cover

Love this album! Cough syrup is my favourite song

3Sixty

Have Sky found RVP yet? Starting to doubt the move will happen :(

I have visions of him in the backseat of a limo

RVP "Sorry mate, are you sure this is the right way?"

Driver "Yes, don't worry"

RVP "Its just we seem to repeatedly driving round the M25"

*Limo divide lowers*

arsene-wenger_2218085b.jpg

In other news, we finally singed Anita! Yey, always nice to have a young, proven, versatile player in the squad. Hopefully we can get a couple more and we'll be set. Douglas just might be back on which would obviously be good and then we can get another striker.

Hopefully.

Oh, and I saw Louis Saha moved to the Man U retirement home. He still looked quite sharp at points last season, I don't think he's the answer to Sunderland's striker problem though..

Reckon he just didn't like Manchester too much?

I don't know. From what I can remember, he was a pretty well-liked figure amongst the players. I remember reading an interview with Cleverley, who said that Pogba was one of the best he'd played with at youth level. His contract was unprotected and Raiola nabbed the opportunity. End result: money for his agent, bumper contract, Serie A admittedly suiting his style of play more; an effective cocktail for Juve, if short-sighted for Pogba in terms of future playing time. But the average footballer ain't exactly the patient type these days.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp

Album cover

great album and band.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Oh, and I saw Louis Saha moved to the Man U retirement home. He still looked quite sharp at points last season, I don't think he's the answer to Sunderland's striker problem though..

Saha was decent for Spurs last season. As always it comes down to injuries. If he stays fit he would be a fine player for any team, he still has great quality.

bud

I am convinced something happened between Pep and Pedro, because it made no sense to play tello or cuenca in those games where Pedro was fit. I agree Pedro will be back in the first team much more this season.

i feel the more pedro plays, the more he is exposed in that he can't keep up with the rest of the team. he's been very useful for barcelona, but in the end, i think he's just too rough around the edges to be in the starting eleven.

he's still a great player to have on the bench, though.

dc89

Stories now developing about RVP not having a medical completed yet. Hmmmm interesting, maybe caused he failed two? It's real boys.

So I ask him has he failed it?

@dancrehan @TheRealFbloke 3 weeks ago he failed on.

@Dannymagician

I love the muppetry. Probably BS but I like it regardless.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
John Elkann: "Massimo Carrera has won more in one game than Zdenek Zeman has in his entire career."

i8yqmsc93Qw3c.gif

AHAHAHAHAH

Meier

Love this album! Cough syrup is my favourite song

I have been listening to it off and on since last May and then I'll hear a song of theirs on the radio and be like I need to remember to listen to the whole thing again asap. Great album from start to finish.. Strings might be my favorite song on the album.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom