• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Caught you before the edit :p

We're a good bunch really, we say plenty of things but we don't hurt anyone. Except Wilbury. The WC/Euro threads are always a bit different, most of the regular posters in here don't even post in those threads anyway!

Insulting Wilbury is allowed, both in this thread and the rest of the forum.

It was too serious before!

Also, I regularly confuse you and Wilbury.

Stick around a while longer and I guarantee you'll know exactly who Wilbury is.

This is a serious attack on my character.

a) I've been mistaken for Willkiller. All well and good but in a game of Six Degrees of Separation, he's one away from someone who has cunnilingus performed on them by Andy Carroll. It's like your sister being invited to a bunga bunga party; you just don't associate yourself with that.

b) WoodenLung owns a Justin Bieber shirt. I have no one younger than 60 on my shirts. In fact most of them are dead.

c) Clegg used the c-word the other day.

LEAVE ME ALONE

Serie A:
Juventus
Milan
Inter
----------
Roma
Udinese
Napoli
Like it matters beyond this point...
Lazio
Parma
Fiorentina
Atalanta
Palermo
Cagliari
Genoa
Catania
Bologna
Sampdoria
Chievo
Torino
Siena
Pescara

Meier

Lucas - £8m

We win.

Vincent Kompany - £6m

Check mate.

C_71_article_1492547_image_list_image_list_item_0_image.jpg

(Love you Vinny!)

Tim Krul - €220,000

You can't beat us in value :p

Joe Hart - £600,000

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Vidal for 10-12.5m. Deal of the forever.

Pirlo: Free.
Marchisio: Free.

fadetoblack said:
Also, I'm with you, Zab, I think I'm getting a Pogba kit presuming he doesn't get loaned out. He really is brilliant, and it'll nice to have a kit from his first season down the line.
Zabo said:
Preach it, bro.

GIOVINCO WILL BE ON MY BACK SOON!

PUN INTENDED

Arsenal are pretty much the undoubted winners in value-wars anyway.

Them or Newcastle.

Don't know about elsewhere in Europe. Porto in with a shout, Udinese too.

Wilbur

Banned
Scholes, Giggs, Neville, Butt and Beckham for free.

Ronaldo for 12m

Vidic for 7m

Keane for 3m

Veron for 28m

SPOT THE ANOMALY

a) I've been mistaken for Willkiller. All well and good but in a game of Six Degrees of Separation, he's one away from someone who has cunnilingus performed on them by Andy Carroll. It's like your sister being invited to a bunga bunga party; you just don't associate yourself with that.

LEAVE ME ALONE

Yeah that is true, I still can't get that image out of my head. I even had a dream once where I was looking at the photo and then his head turned 180 degrees and smiled at me.

Fucking trauma.

Meier

Don't know about elsewhere in Europe. Porto in with a shout, Udinese too.

In 2025, my Porto side has a $560m transfer budget -- I just buy low and continue to sell high. That's even if after we've now built a 75k or so seat arena that was named after me by only using squad funds. Aww yeah.

Kyoufu

When it comes to British players, Man United are clear winners in value. We had great British players back in the day too. As did Liverpool.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
:O

Apparently Tottenham have agreed terms with Adebayor.

MAN I HOPE SO!

AVB said in the press conference today that we were close to getting it done. I would love it if he turned out on Saturday.

A question for the Football Manager players here:

What do you do when the new one comes out? Just give up your game and start afresh?

Yes. Starting on a fresh, usually go for a sub top team in some league or at least one with a lot of youth talent. Later go on to start with a low division team.

Wilbur

Banned
A question for the Football Manager players here:

What do you do when the new one comes out? Just give up your game and start afresh?

Yep. Can't deal with it when I make a bunch of edits, start a game and then Steven Caulker's still on loan. Annoys the tits off me.

Mumei

I forgot to mention this, but I came across this old video yesterday while browsing about on Youtube. I wasn't actually looking for football videos, either. I was quite impressed.

b) WoodenLung owns a Justin Bieber shirt. I have no one younger than 60 on my shirts. In fact most of them are dead.

c) Clegg used the c-word the other day.

LEAVE ME ALONE

I knew about b and c, but a is news to me.

A... a mod?

If you think about it, I've only been a mod for a month and a half and I've been a non-mod for about 80 months so I'm really more non-mod than mod.

When's the new FM out? I have an old one (2009?) but never had the time or inclination to get into it. FIFA and PES can fuck off these days though, so I need a football game of some sort. And it does sound quite appealing, trying to either get Maidenhead United as far as I can, or trying to get myself promoted to the Liverpool job, hopefully via England. Are all the licenses in there, for clubs and competitions?

Mumei, don't let videos like that fool you into thinking that players often do that kind of thing during matches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom