• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
John Elkann: "Massimo Carrera has won more in one game than Zdenek Zeman has in his entire career."

http://i.minus.com/i8yqmsc93Qw3c.gif[/IG]

AHAHAHAHAH[/QUOTE]

Will happen again this year; Roma will play brilliantly but finish 2nd or 3rd.

When's Conte's appeal date?

yella

Alrighty footy-GAF, I'm not sure if that song My Body caught on in the UK or not, but if it didn't (or even if it did), I recommend checking out the Young the Giant album. Very underrated.

472px-Sameer_Gadhia_of_Young_the_Giant_at_Sasquatch_2011.jpg

Lead singer Sameer Gadhia

Young_the_Giant_-_Young_the_Giant.jpg

Album cover

Apparently Moz is a fan of it?

I second this post. Watched them perform at the MTV awards last year and was intrigued; got the album soon after and was hooked. My favorite songs on the album are Apartment, Strings and Islands; Islands has an amazing acoustic session on Youtube. Here's a link if anyone's interested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wjlcVY5XAg

Mumei

.Only types of fish I enjoy are the white flaky ones, and of course Tuna. <3 Tuna.

You know, I actually forgot about tuna.

Grouper is amazing for fish tacos. Never tried it fried but its a firm, meaty fish so I'd like to give it a go.

I've only ever had it breaded myself.

Oh yeah but the season hasn't started yet haha! Except plenty more venom and slip-ups when we've finally got something to shout about again.
l1vhc.gif

Great goal from Giaccherini there. He's also made several really nice runs. He's quality. Far from class, but definite quality there.

Also, I'm with you, Zab, I think I'm getting a Pogba kit presuming he doesn't get loaned out. He really is brilliant, and it'll nice to have a kit from his first season down the line.

Will happen again this year; Roma will play brilliantly but finish 2nd or 3rd.

When's Conte's appeal date?

Not sure when the appeal dates are. There will be at least three.

As for Roma, no, they'll play nice football but they'll fall out of the top 3 because a) it's their first year and they need to gel, and b) Zeman teams are always defensively poor, and while that's nice for Serie B, you can't really let teams like Juventus, Inter, Milan, even a team like Udinese and this ratehr impressive looking Fiorentina win. Yeah, you win the Serie A in the provinces but you also need to beat the big boys. They'll end up 4th, maybe third. And then they'll get destroyed in CL if they end up 3rd (remember we only have 3 spots).

I have heard stories about you people around the World Cup, but that's about it.

The problem with the international football threads is that a lot of the members don't interact with eachother outside of talking about their nations, so there's no rapport and they can't tell who's being sarcastic, who is susceptable to going postal, and who can take a bit of ribbing.

In club football, you have to get used to having your team criticised (especially when you support Liverpool.) In international football though, people's fuses seem to be shortened. Unless you support England, in which case you expect to be embarassed at every turn.

David McDonnell &#8207;@DiscoMirror
Senior figures at #MUFC saying van Persie deal now unlikely to be completed until tomorrow. That, of course, is subject to change.

dat agents fee

Two days until Copenhagen - Brøndby. They have however banned all Brøndby supporters who aren't bringing their kids (who has to be 12 or younger) :lol

Can't blame them too much, last time there was really allowed any Brøndby supporters there the police ended up beating.

Miss the hateful atmosphere though. Now the matches don't even mean much and we don't have Brøndby supporters to laugh at either. :(

Clegg

David McDonnell &#8207;@DiscoMirror
Senior figures at #MUFC saying van Persie deal now unlikely to be completed until tomorrow. That, of course, is subject to change.
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

We're a good bunch really, we say plenty of things but we don't hurt anyone. Except Wilbury. The WC/Euro threads are always a bit different, most of the regular posters in here don't even post in those threads anyway!

Insulting Wilbury is allowed, both in this thread and the rest of the forum.

Mumei

Caught you before the edit :p

We're a good bunch really, we say plenty of things but we don't hurt anyone. Except Wilbury. The WC/Euro threads are always a bit different, most of the regular posters in here don't even post in those threads anyway!

It was too serious before!

Also, I regularly confuse you and Wilbury.

Wilbur

Banned
As for Roma, no, they'll play nice football but they'll fall out of the top 3 because a) it's their first year and they need to gel, and b) Zeman teams are always defensively poor, and while that's nice for Serie B, you can't really let teams like Juventus, Inter, Milan, even a team like Udinese and this ratehr impressive looking Fiorentina win. Yeah, you win the Serie A in the provinces but you also need to beat the big boys. They'll end up 4th, maybe third. And then they'll get destroyed in CL if they end up 3rd (remember we only have 3 spots).

If I'm predicting now, then I'd say Udinese will make a good fist of it but Asamoah and Isla are big losses. I know they lose someone every year but Di Natale's going to drop off one day. Of course I'm speaking from a far less uneducated perspective from you :) but I have an inkling.

Inter will be fine if Stramaccioni is left to his own devices and Moratti doesn't act a prick (impossible!), Milan will be there of course but need to strengthen. Napoli I think will be the biggest challengers.

Considering the business with Conte I think Serie A's a real crapshoot this year.

Kyoufu

I remember my first month in this thread. Everyone took my tongue in cheek comments seriously and hated me furiously.

Now, they still take my tongue in cheek comments seriously and hate me furiously.

Lahm, Schweinsteiger, Badstuber, Contento, Mueller, Kroos, Emre Can - Free.

Alaba - 200,000 euros.

Wow, that's crazy.

Liverpool's squad is filled with players who have either outperformed their fees, or severely underperformed

Adam - £8million
Downing - £18million
Henderson - £16million (still got faith though)
Carroll - £35million
Cole - £5million signing on fee I think

Skrtel - £7million
Agger - £7million
Lucas - £7million
Reina - £7million

Then there's Gerrard, Carragher and Kelly who came through the academy

The players who I'd say have performed to the standard expected from their fees are Enrique, Johnson and Suarez. Too early to tell with Coates, who should have played about 12 more games than he did last season as we yet again had a man in the hotseat who let sentimentality get the better of him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom