• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

A question for the Football Manager players here:

What do you do when the new one comes out? Just give up your game and start afresh?

Yep. The previous version is just a means to keep me preoccupied until the new one! ;) I think 2013 will be out in late October/early November for the person who asked on the previous page.

Wes

venison crêpe
I would have to say Michu for £2m and Rodallega and Pogrebnyak signing for free have been the best value for money signings this summer thusfar (although we dont know how large the signing on fee Reading gave the latter was).

faridmon

If you think about it, I've only been a mod for a month and a half and I've been a non-mod for about 80 months so I'm really more non-mod than mod.
Nah, I was messing about. It is cool to see a mod (the colour will not lie) embracing the sport [spoiler as long as there is no Everton hate[/spoiler]

11ru52p.gif

I don't even know what that is. Back boob? What ever it is I like it.

ShogunX

We could do this shite all day.

Gomes, Bassong and Bentley according to the Spurs transfer database cost them 32m.

Point is every club has made some pretty terrible signings and some very good ones. The joys of football.

Kyoufu

We could do this shite all day.

Gomes, Bassong and Bentley according to the Spurs transfer database cost them 32m.

Point is every club has made some pretty terrible signings and some very good ones. The joys of football.

During our Freddy Shepherd/Dennis Wise days. Oh god. Vomit inducing.

Kabouter

What do you do when the new one comes out? Just give up your game and start afresh?

Yeah, every year I start anew bringing Heracles to everlasting glory! I'm usually done with the previous years' Football Manager a few months before the new one comes out anyway.

Yen

Are there any details on the new FM? It's this time of year all the new features are announced but a quick google didn't help me.

Wilbur

Banned
Always getting emails from TheHut.com since I imported Xenoblade and the Level-5 football game from them, this is actually a pretty damn good deal if you need some new boxers!

http://f.e.thehut.com/i/18/2078492379/20120814-H-JB-fifashout-MainShout-v2.jpg[/IG]
[url]http://www.thehut.com/offers/fifa.list?utm_source=ENH-_2092300423&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ENH-_fifa_GB[/url][/QUOTE]

Done! Cheers for that. Was gonna wait to rent FIFA and PES but that's a really good deal. Will just rent PES anyway and trade FIFA in if we don't like it.

elsk

Banned
Stick with us!

I will try to watch a few matches now that you guys are in first division, I'm curious if some of the players are also good in real life.

My last discovery was Sam Hoskins. After a season on loan he came back and was a fucking goal scoring machine.

Is Schneiderlin any good in real life? He looked like a pretty decent defensive mid in the game. It was very shitty when the club sold Oxlade-Chamberlain tho :( he was the wonder kid every season. Steve De Ridder is his replacement, right?

Clegg

Who is he and why is he so bowlegged?

Robin Van Persie. The top goalscorer in the Premier League from last season.

Widely regarded as one of the best strikers in the world. He is moving from Arsenal to Manchester United. These two teams hate each other so this transfer is considered to be a very big deal.

sohois

I only buy once every 2 years, but yeah whenever i get a new one I'll just start fresh with York City or some other conference team. By the time I get around to buying a new one I'll have won everything and it'll be 2030 anyway, so I'm ready to move on.

3Sixty

I will try to watch a few matches now that you guys are in first division, I'm curious if some of the players are also good in real life.

My last discovery was Sam Hoskins. After a season on loan he came back and was a fucking goal scoring machine.

Is Schneiderlin any good in real life? He looked like a pretty decent defensive mid in the game. It was very shitty when the club sold Oxlade-Chamberlain tho :( he was the wonder kid every season. Steve De Ridder is his replacement, right?

Haha Sam Hoskins, i'll be honest i don't see him making it.

Schneiderlin is a fantastic player, in real life he plays abit like Xabi Alonso (Don't tell Liverpool). He will have a very good year imo. He's got these assists in his locker too http://youtu.be/_5STVdDpcqA?t=1m

Steve De Ridder is much better on Fifa than he will ever be in real life unfortunately, top bloke though(We shared a drunken chat one night)

elsk

Banned
Haha Sam Hoskins, i'll be honest i don't see him making it.

Schneiderlin is a fantastic player, in real life he plays abit like Xabi Alonso (Don't tell Liverpool). He will have a very good year imo. He's got these assists in his locker too http://youtu.be/_5STVdDpcqA?t=1m

Steve De Ridder is much better on Fifa than he will ever be in real life unfortunately, top bloke though(We shared a drunken chat one night)

Schneiderlin always reminded me to Schweinsteiger because of the name and position, I really liked him. I never liked Hammond that much tho :p

Yeah, De Ridder looked very overrated in FIFA. He never was called for his national team so I figured out he's kind of average.

So you guys still don't have a new wonder kid like Ox?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom