• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtb

Banned
Wilshere gets the number 10 shirt? What the fuck... why not just give it to Podolski? What's with Wenger doing stupid shit like this (reminds me of Gallas getting the number 10. and then promptly being handed the captaincy... what Wenger saw in him I will never know...)? Isn't the number 4 shirt vacant since Cesc left? Why not just give Wilshere 4 and Podolski (or... any striker for that manner) 10? Little random shit that Wenger does; pisses me off. That and giving Walcott a new contract. Why oh why didn't we just pick up Bale when we had the chance :(

When Verm heads for the exit, Wilshere's probably going to be appointed captain isn't he. Ugh...

This may be old news but I was on Arseblog and saw they had mentioned a solicitor by the name of Darren Dein who advises players on commercial or playing contracts.

He helps RVP & Song as well but thankfully they are the last of his clients at Arsenal. And yes, He is the son of David Dein.
He has close ties with a lot of Arsenal players. RVP too. Been involved in a lot of them leaving.

Slizz

It's your year.

I just know it.

idbL6CDenHEfv.gif

iiecIn4A4wA8W.gif

Wes

venison crêpe
For those interested BBC Five Live's Premier League Preview Show starts at 7:30pm. Two hours long.
Then there's a show about Liverpool's prospects this year immediately afterwards.

Stream is here. Not sure if it'll work abroard or not, worth a try though - lineup sounds rather good.

And my first of many reminders in the buildup to Saturday, the GAF Football IRC channel is open for business again this season:

server: studio64.yi.org
channel: #football
Mibbit link

As in previous years people tend to loiter around with idle chatter but gets particularly hectic whilst the games are underway.

For those interested BBC Five Live's Premier League Preview Show starts at 7:30pm. Two hours long.
Then there's a show about Liverpool's prospects this year immediately afterwards.

Stream is here. Not sure if it'll work abroard or not, worth a try though - lineup sounds rather good.

And my first of many reminders in the buildup to Saturday, the GAF Football IRC channel is open for business again this season:

server: studio64.yi.org
channel: #football
Mibbit link

As in previous years people tend to loiter around with idle chatter but gets particularly hectic whilst the games are underway.

Will the previewnthing be available as a podcast for tomorrow?

New Liverpool signing...well colour me impressed. How have Liverpool looked in pre-season? (I've been too busy to catch them).

Youngsters were good, stars were lazy, chances were not created, defense was shaky, keepers were good, first team was shite against Gomel, first team was very good against Gomel

edit: Is that all Alison Brie does on Community?

jtb

Banned
Darren Dein is a leech who is sucking Arsenal dry. He's been nabbing Arsenal players then telling them not to renew their contracts in hopes of a big payday at the end of the tunnel. It's always good to know that nepotism is alive and well though...

Slizz

I was actually afraid to ask how many you had :p

Lol do yourself a favor and Youtube Community season 1 and 2 outtakes. You can see how filthy she is.

Did a total count and the number is 4.

Clegg said:
Post them all.

Now.

Here is the third and final one:

ibyEMPQxHfSb9g.gif

First one was posted last night regarding Piers Morgan and the RVP situation.

Ryck

Anyone here own any MANU stock? Thinking of buying some shares, not so much as an investment but just to own a tiny part of the club.

dschalter

Darren Dein is a leech who is sucking Arsenal dry. He's been nabbing Arsenal players then telling them not to renew their contracts in hopes of a big payday at the end of the tunnel. It's always good to know that nepotism is alive and well though...

It's not his fault Arsenal aren't particularly interested in paying the wages other clubs pay top players.

Wilshere gets the number 10 shirt? What the fuck... why not just give it to Podolski? What's with Wenger doing stupid shit like this (reminds me of Gallas getting the number 10. and then promptly being handed the captaincy... what Wenger saw in him I will never know...)? Isn't the number 4 shirt vacant since Cesc left? Why not just give Wilshere 4 and Podolski (or... any striker for that manner) 10? Little random shit that Wenger does; pisses me off. That and giving Walcott a new contract. Why oh why didn't we just pick up Bale when we had the chance :(

When Verm heads for the exit, Wilshere's probably going to be appointed captain isn't he. Ugh...
Why do you care? It's like when Chelsea fans on the forum I use wanted to retire the number 11 when Drogba left. It's a squad number, there were number 11s before him and there will be plenty more to come. Some even got annoyed that Oscar will be taking it.

And anyway, why should a new player have choice over a number than an established one? As established as somebody who never plays due to injury can be anyway.

Mumei

Well now you are just making me go all popgaf

This thread is already PopGAF for straight Euro-GAF. You guys have gifs, post pictures of your faves, have silly arguments over who is doing the best and what the results of various decisions will be, and occasionally devolve into spamming gifs of women doing sexually suggestive things while making pottery.

PopGAF does the same things, except more gifs and pictures, there's a lot more slang, and when it devolves they post men.

Have I sufficiently offended everyone by making this comparison?

jtb

Banned
Why do you care? It's like when Chelsea fans on the forum I use wanted to retire the number 11 when Drogba left. It's a squad number, there were number 11s before him and there will be plenty more to come. Some even got annoyed that Oscar will be taking it.

And anyway, why should a new player have choice over a number than an established one? As established as somebody who never plays due to injury can be anyway.

I'm just wary that it's a sign of things to come... and Wilshere's not much of a 10-type player anyways. It's not about new vs. old, it's just about being rewarded with a first XI squad number while still being out injured for a number of months. Podolski will play and he's a striker, just seems more logical. Seems like Wenger is grooming Wilshere for the captaincy in a couple years just as he did to Cesc and I'm not sure if that's a good thing.

Wessiej

This thread is already PopGAF for straight Euro-GAF. You guys have gifs, post pictures of your faves, have silly arguments over who is doing the best and what the results of various decisions will be, and occasionally devolve into spamming gifs of women doing sexually suggestive things while making pottery.

PopGAF does the same things, except more gifs and pictures, there's a lot more slang, and when it devolves they post men.

Have I sufficiently offended everyone by making this comparison?

Yes you have! We are football fans! We shout at women walking by, drink beer like there's no tomorrow and hate everyone who isn't us!

Ryck

Why do you care?
Why does anyone care, clearly a number is meaningful to the players as the number tends to represent their standing with the club (especially Arsenal). Cesc taking the number 4 (Viera's old number) or Walcott taking the number 14 instead of say 7.

Speaking of numbers, I hope RVP avoids the #9 ( assuming we unload Berbatov by then) that number is kinda cursed. ( lately anyway)

FuturusX

Why does anyone care, clearly a number is meaningful to the players as the number tends to represent their standing with the club (especially Arsenal). Cesc taking the number 4 (Viera's old number) or Walcott taking the number 14 instead of say 7.

Speaking of numbers, I hope RVP avoids the #9 ( assuming we unload Berbatov by then) that number is kinda cursed. ( lately anyway)

You know that's crazy talk right? Berba was just rubbish.

Yen

I stumbled into PopGAF once. Never again.

PopGAF is the worst community of gaf. You could not have a thread in the OT about pop music because within half a page there will be some speaking in caps, with terrible syntax, terrible nicknames and tumblr gifs. I assume it has to be self parody.

Slizz

PopGAF is the worst community of gaf. You could not have a thread in the OT about pop music because within half a page there will be some speaking in caps, with terrible syntax, terrible nicknames and tumblr gifs.

I've accidentally stumbled into there and Poli-GAF a number of times. Scary.

Oh and if people didn't know Sept. 11th for FIFA13 demo.

Fry

C'mon, POP-Gaf is hilarious. I don't know if half of them are men or women, and they just fight over their favorite's singers looks more than their songs.

Bumhead

Banned
There's a very good Championship preview by Gary Megson on the Daily Mail if any of Championship-GAF or adopted Championship-GAF is interested. Shame about the paper itself but Megson's is the only preview I've read this pre-season that I agree with just about all of his picks.

Banned link, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom