• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

FuturusX

Saha+Man+U.jpg

Yeah he was rubbish too.
for UTD
. It's the NOT number it's the player.

Clegg

This thread is already PopGAF for straight Euro-GAF. You guys have gifs, post pictures of your faves, have silly arguments over who is doing the best and what the results of various decisions will be, and occasionally devolve into spamming gifs of women doing sexually suggestive things while making pottery.

PopGAF does the same things, except more gifs and pictures, there's a lot more slang, and when it devolves they post men.

Have I sufficiently offended everyone by making this comparison?

This is a rather apt comparison.

Ryck

You're right. I was just kidding really, he was a great player stifled by injury. Berba on the other hand...

Ya know I never understood the Berbatov hate. When he was playing he scored. I guess you could say like Rudd towards the end of his tenure that we were a better team when he wasn't on the pitch but he did get goals so it is some what baffling.

Sounds like RVP.
Haha, set myself up for that one.

3Sixty

There's a very good Championship preview by Gary Megson on the Daily Mail if any of Championship-GAF or adopted Championship-GAF is interested. Shame about the paper itself but Megson's is the only preview I've read this pre-season that I agree with just about all of his picks.

Banned link, though.

Feel he is very wrong on Blackpool, fancy them for second.

One thing Popgaf has that we don't, is extremely annoying character-posters who think that being obnoxious and irritating are the same as being charismatic

Ha, I was gonna menton Kermit, but I think he was genuinely unpleasant tbh

And Wilbury is actually funny, and makes intelligent posts in between his schtick, if you will :)

Labadal

Who is this new Maroccan winger we are about to sign? never heard of him. Is he any good?
Oussama Assaidi is his name. i guess this means no Walcott (YES!!!)

Arnie

Report out Spurs have ended interest in Rameriz, Liverpool seemingly gone for someone else. Southampton it is then.
Liverpool haven't been interested since Comolli left.

He was a Comolli target, read into that what you will.
Who is this new Maroccan winger we are about to sign? never heard of him. Is he any good?
He's an 82 on Fifa and cost £3 million. Sadly, that means he's worth it already.

Bumhead

Banned
Feel he is very wrong on Blackpool, fancy them for second.

I think so much of Blackpool's play depends on their ability to get at teams with pace, and Ince and Phillips are central to that. If Phillips is still there by the end of August I suspect they'll be in and around the play-offs, but if he leaves I think it leaves a pretty significant hole in their side. Wasn't he linked with a move away for something in the region of £6m the other day?

3Sixty

I think so much of Blackpool's play depends on their ability to get at teams with pace, and Ince and Phillips are central to that. If Phillips is still there by the end of August I suspect they'll be in and around the play-offs, but if he leaves I think it leaves a pretty significant hole in their side. Wasn't he linked with a move away for something in the region of £6m the other day?

Yes to us for £6m :D. They were superb vs us last season, think they have more to them than Ince/Phillips tbh.

Yen

Ajax fans thought they were signing him and were extremly peed off when they realised he joined us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom