• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtb

Banned
Last season you had the best striker in the world, and Song became one of the best defensive midfielders in the league.

I don't think RVP was or is the best striker in the world and I'm not just saying that because he refused to sign a new contract, and the only way you could think of Song as one of the best defensive midfielders in the league is if all the other ones are shit. Fact is: Song is a liability.

Let's not forget the 8-2, the 4-0, etc. No creativity in that side whatsoever. This is a much more balanced side. Fuck a star player, balanced squads win titles. (not that we have any chance of winning the title this year...)

jtb

Banned
RVP couldn't even manage to play 20+ league games a season, and suddenly he's a star? Jesus christ. Adebayor was more of a star than RVP was during the time they were here together; that should tell you everything you need to know.

I like the shape of the squad today; almost 4-4-2. Diaby fucked that chance up though... ugh, Diaby.

edit: good run there. like Theo with a brain.

GorillaJu

Who does anymore? Sure LFC have, what, two on the pitch right now? But homegrowns are slim and far between now days.

Fuck me, how many times is this argument going to change?

Looking at the first XI of Arsenal, there are 0 star players. RVP was the last one to be there and he left. Cazorla may become a star, but right now he's just a good midfielder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom