• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulga

Banned
Fuck them, I'm sick of FENAFUTH. And I don't like the senior squad, Olympic team was much better.

edit: even so, if they can't win against Cuba... better retire already from the competition.

On that I agree. I'm sick and tired with all these trainers calling up that thug-in-a-kit Muma. He's a fucking liability. What's Suarez got against Najar, anyway?

Swiss Ramble has had a very thorough look at FFP and how it will impact England's European sides. Concludes that City are probably the only club which may struggle to comply. Chelsea should be okay, just. City will probably be able to pass it also but they won't be able to spend big for a while unless they push through some UAE-friendly commercial deals.

Swiss Ramble - FFP Regulations

If you just want a quick snap-shot:

How the latest accounts look when FFP guidelines are taken into account - only City falling outside the rulings.

7+FFP+Break-Even.jpg

Other European clubs are under threat too, especially in Italy - though Inter + Milan have both cut costs and Juve should be raking it in once more from this season.

Finally, when the PL's new TV deal kicks in, clubs will be earning up to £20m-£35m more every year. Here's how it would have broken down using last year's final standings.

WJD

Unconfirmed: #eng: Hart; Johnson, Terry, Lescott, Baines; Milner, Gerrard, Lampard, Oxlade-Chamberlain; Cleverley; Defoe

Fucking Gerrard and Lampard? Have we learnt nothing?!

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Unconfirmed: #eng: Hart; Johnson, Terry, Lescott, Baines; Milner, Gerrard, Lampard, Oxlade-Chamberlain; Cleverley; Defoe

Fucking Gerrard and Lampard? Have we learnt nothing?!

Who else is there? Parker and Wilshere are injured. I'm more bothered by James Milner's presence. I have no idea how he is getting in there while players like Nathan Dyer are being ignored.

EDIT: Oh I forgot about Carrick. Still, he's hardly on another level to Lampard and Gerrard.

Arnie

Liverpool fans are secretly hoping Stevie G twinges something so hes out of their starting lineup.

I'm foaming at the mouth thinking about a midfield trio of Allen, Sahin, and Suso just ahead of them.

Won't win many games mind, but fuck me is it naughty.

Brazil starting 11

........Alves
Alves........Luiz.....Dede......Marcelo
Lucas......Ramires....Romulo......Neymar
.....................Oscar
......................Liandro

Oh shi

Arnie

It's fine. Gerrard and Lampard just have to tell the other to sit when one goes forwards. No problems.

The problem is that never happens.

I'm not expecting, after the best part of a decade, Lampard and Gerrard to suddenly strike up some synergistic relationship.

WJD

The problem is that never happens.

I'm not expecting, after the best part of a decade, Lampard and Gerrard to suddenly strike up some synergistic relationship.

Pretty much. Even taking into account the fact that Lampard's taken up a deeper role at Chelsea recently I don't think it'll work. Carrick and Lampard as a base just seems like a much more compatible and solid partnership.

Though I suppose considering it's fucking Moldova we'll be fine.

elsk

Banned
Looks like Bayern had a 'secret' friendly against Qatar in the Allianz earlier today:

Line-up: Starke - Rafinha, Dante, Gustavo, Sallahi - Schweinsteiger, Martínez - Weiser, Jelisic, Sieghart - Friesenbichler

Changes at half time: Eberwein for Sallahi (46.), Mrowca for Rafinha, Dußler for Jelisic.

Sallahi is the lastest austrian wonder-kid we signed :O

Arnie

Pretty much. Even taking into account the fact that Lampard's taken up a deeper role at Chelsea recently I don't think it'll work. Carrick and Lampard as a base just seems like a much more compatible and solid partnership.

Though I suppose considering it's fucking Moldova we'll be fine.

I don't want Carrick anywhere near the team after his attitude in the summer. Would rather play Cleverley alongside Lampard. Which still might happen, Gerrard could be playing in the hole behind Defoe (wouldn't bank on it, though).

WJD

I don't want Carrick anywhere near the team after his attitude in the summer. Would rather play Cleverley alongside Lampard. Which still might happen, Gerrard could be playing in the hole behind Defoe (wouldn't bank on it, though).

Fairly sure the whole Carrick thing was just a misunderstanding spun by the press? Hence why he's back in the team now; he just didn't like Capello's team and Roy assumed he was out for good or something like that.

Carrick was never asked to play for England in the summer.

Slizz

So Footey Gaf, we ready for some WCQ games?

I see Borat is leading against Ireland. Unexpected.

Jamaica vs USA Wooooooooo.

Not really, nervous actually. Donovan out, Altidore refuses to do well internationally, Dempsey still trying to get fit after fishing and drinking in Texas for most of the Summer.

Linius

Jamaica vs USA Wooooooooo.

Not really, nervous actually. Donovan out, Altidore refuses to do well internationally, Dempsey still trying to get fit after fishing and drinking in Texas for most of the Summer.

Altidore appears to be in great form, scored some important goals for AZ. That guy is strong :|

Don't know much about Jamaica, except they might be fast and supposedly like reggae music :p

As a Dutchy I'm quite nervous too. The last few games didn't work out that well for us. And the Turks are quite good.

Slizz

Altidore appears to be in great form, scored some important goals for AZ. That guy is strong :|

Don't know much about Jamaica, except they might be fast and supposedly like reggae music :p

As a Dutchy I'm quite nervous too. The last few games didn't work out that well for us. And the Turks are quite good.

My whole point. I've literally never seen him perform like that wearing the USA Kit. His highlight to me from the last like 8 games is him earning 1 penalty and thats it....

Jamaica has a decent squad 5 MLS'ers and like 4 players playing in Europe.

elsk

Banned

They also start smoking in the stadium during the match.

Arnie

Jagielka isn't though so Baines will be pretty exposed when the ball goes behind him.
Are you implying that Baines is somehow more susceptible to being caught in behind than most fullbacks? Or that Terry and Lescott are incapable of doing a job that only the mighty Jagielka is?
Fairly sure the whole Carrick thing was just a misunderstanding spun by the press? Hence why he's back in the team now; he just didn't like Capello's team and Roy assumed he was out for good or something like that.

Carrick was never asked to play for England in the summer.

That's fair enough then. I've got no qualms with him as a player, and if that England story was false then I don't have any problems with him as a representative of England.

Linius

My whole point. I've literally never seen him perform like that wearing the USA Kit. His highlight to me from the last like 8 games is him earning 1 penalty and thats it....

Jamaica has a decent squad 5 MLS'ers and like 4 players playing in Europe.

Like RVP for us the last year or so.

Well, good luck 'mericans!

They also start smoking in the stadium during the match.

Would actually be good entertainment :p

That's fair enough then. I've got no qualms with him as a player, and if that England story was false then I don't have any problems with him as a representative of England.
I still think his original stance from the Capello days was wrong though. Not 100% sure what happened but he basically ruled himself out without retiring...which is bullshit. You're either in or out.

But anyway, he's back now, good luck to him but as much as I rate him he needs the team to be playing a certain way to be effective. As long as England keep up their direct approach...I can't see him being especially good for them. Plus he's 31 now...so really what's the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom