• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

So that pretty much guarantees Nani is gone next summer?

Not necessarily.

United and Nani could come to a compromise over his wages. And Nani could show enough consistency to impress SAF.

Its clear that United were thinking of replacing Nani. We tried to sign Hazard and Lucas, both of whom play in positions favored by Nani.

If we'd signed either of those two then Nani would have been sold.

K1LLER7

His time is now

Bebe-Man-Utd-trackie_2490097.jpg

qindarka

Banned
I know Stoke isn't everybody's cup of tea but I don't think it's fair to attribute any blame to the club. What their academy player did is his fault alone.

Salvadora

Not necessarily.

United and Nani could come to a compromise over his wages. And Nani could show enough consistency to impress SAF.

Its clear that United were thinking of replacing Nani. We tried to sign Hazard and Lucas, both of whom play in positions favored by Nani.

If we'd signed either of those two then Nani would have been sold.

If he asked for a wage that he couldn't even get in Russia is it likely United will come to a compromise? Risky position United are in considering his form.

Kyoufu

I know Stoke isn't everybody's cup of tea but I don't think it's fair to attribute any blame to the club. What their academy player did is his fault alone.

If you're referring to my post then nah I wasn't actually serious. I'll say "fuckin Stoke" to anything in a jovial manner.

After our nostalgia session today I just found out Terry Nutkins has died he used to be on kids animal programmes in the nineties like the really wild show

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Spurs move into the new training complex on Monday. Everything is in place to ensure we get that first win against Reading, new training facility, full squad, extra two weeks of fitness work for Ade, plus the game is away from home. If we play a front 6 of:

Sandro Dembele
Lennon Sigurdsson Bale
Adebayor

I'm sure we'll be OK. We just need to relax and enjoy our football, the hangover of last season's diabolical run-in has still been affecting us.

scarybore

After our nostalgia session today I just found out Terry Nutkins has died he used to be on kids animal programmes in the nineties like the really wild show

The name didn't ring a bell but I certainly remember that haircut. Can't say I remember him not having the tips of some of his fingers though.

Nutkins' love of animals was undimmed by an incident when, aged 15, he had the top joints of two of his fingers bitten off by a wild otter named Edal.

Damn.

Salazar

If Nani leaves I want James Rodriguez.

But we'll end up getting a defender or a striker and play Welbeck on the left.

Welberg would sulk hard after a while.

I think SAF probably realises, on some level, that we will need wingers in. I fully expect Büttner to outperform Young as a winger.

Meier

I think I read that a City youth player was involved in a car accident the other day (he was at fault) that resulted in a few people dying as well. :(

Mastadon

Banned
Welberg would sulk hard after a while.

I think SAF probably realises, on some level, that we will need wingers in. I fully expect Büttner to outperform Young as a winger.

Could be a problem considering SAF's well documented adversion to signing wingers. He'll have to give up on those central midfielders he's so fond of.

Salazar

Could be a problem considering SAF's well documented adversion to signing wingers. He'll have to give up on those central midfielders he's so fond of.

So long as he signs mental ones. Aggressive ones. Blokes that play in that position because it gives them carte blanche some of the time to run like fuck and tear past slower blokes.

Foot-on-the-ball-and-look-for-the-inside-or-backwards-layoff wingers are not welcome.

elsk

Banned
If Nani leaves I want James Rodriguez.

But we'll end up getting a defender or a striker and play Welbeck on the left.

Well, if he's playing Welbeck as LM/LW ahead of Nani already, I think he's actually considering him to replace Nani if he leaves. Otherwise, Welbeck would need to find a new team to continue his development. With Rooney and RvP ahead of him for the striker position, I doubt he's getting that much minutes as striker.

Wes

venison crêpe
I wonder if Benteke will get any playing time for Belgium tonight. Really keen to see him play.

Also I liked on Football Weekly Extra one guy had already got over Belgium as the next team to watch and had moved on to Switzerland.

bud23

Fucking international break :(

Yeah.Tonight I will see Spain vs saudi arabia.That´s sad.

By the way,the special one is angered by bad start in league.
The Real Madrid manager is unhappy with his side's start to the league season. More than upset, he is angry and concerned, and he is planning to tighten the screw on his squad once club football resumes following the latest round of international fixtures.

It was a short pre-season and there's still a lot of work to do. Rui Faría, the fitness coach and the manager's all-round right-hand man, is set to unleash a series of more demanding, intense training sessions.

"I'm not happy with how the team played. I want more"

I´m glad with that.C´mon Mou,let´s do it.

Obviously. Prepare for the [lack of] defense.

edit: a few weeks ago he said he was going to use Huntelaar as main striker, and now RvP is going to play haha
I'm not confident.

The thing I love and hate is that he's playing the youngsters at the moment, but they're the future and we can't have a national team consisting of only 30-year-olds.

Likely the XI for tonight

Krul; Janmaat, Heitinga, Martins Indi, Willems; Fer, Clasie, Sneijder; Narsingh, Van Persie en Robben.

I mean, how many players do you guys recognise? 5?

bud23

Krul; Janmaat, Heitinga, Martins Indi, Willems; Fer, Clasie, Sneijder; Narsingh, Van Persie en Robben.

4,Holland can feel lucky if they are able to qualify for the World Cup. For me, this team is the worst holland of the last 15 years or more.

confuziz

Banned
I'm not confident.

The thing I love and hate is that he's playing the youngsters at the moment, but they're the future and we can't have a national team consisting of only 30-year-olds.

NO!

Strootman%20PSV1.jpg

confuziz

Banned
4,Holland can feel lucky if they are able to qualify for the World Cup. For me, this team is the worst holland of the last 15 years or more.

So you either don't know the CB of Everton of the first keeper of Newcastle.

You don't watch a lot of football do you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom