• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvadora

When you were talking about the rumour that Steve Bould wanted to take Song's head off over pre-season, I imagine things like that Rodgers clip. Things like that are just fascinating to me, I'd be excited for the documentary regardless of the team, that it's Liverpool makes me really eager to see it.

I can imagine why clubs would be hesitant to release stuff like that but fuck me if its not interesting.

Clegg

Tallies with a lot of what Rene Meulensteen has been reported to have said over the summer. They feel they can't get the best out of him.

This is the worst though. I don't like the idea of us selling our better players, full stop. Especially not a few days before the window shuts and especially not when the other options in his position are...Ashley Young, Welbeck or shunting Kagawa out there.

If they think that Nani has hit the ceiling performance wise, I can understand why they'd consider selling. We were after Hazard and Lucas, probably because they were seen to have the potential to be better than Nani.

I'm not too keen on the idea of selling him either tbh. Then you have to wonder if we'll even be able to spend his transfer fee on new players. We've already spent £50m this summer. The Glazers may not be too keen on letting go of more money.

Yeah behind the scenes stuff at football clubs always seem to interest me. Would love to see one at Arsenal. It'd be interesting to see how Wenger is in training, team talks, motivations etc.

Arnie

If they think that Nani has hit the ceiling performance wise, I can understand why they'd consider selling. We were after Hazard and Lucas, probably because they were seen to have the potential to be better than Nani.

I'm not too keen on the idea of selling him either tbh. Then you have to wonder if we'll even be able to spend his transfer fee on new players. We've already spent £50m this summer. The Glazers may not be too keen on letting go of more money.

How much would he go for, I'd be really interested if Spurs did come in for him, think he'd do well there because he'd start on a more consistent basis?

Fry

elseanio, are you still planning on re-sizing the player's icons to put on the OP?

If you want my help, just ask.

Yen

Nice one. That's how us Northern Irish men roll. Hard.

mouyoubisvy.gif

Clegg

How much would he go for, I'd be really interested if Spurs did come in for him, think he'd do well there because he'd start on a more consistent basis?

The Daily Mail are saying that United are willing to listen to offers starting from £15m. But I hope we'd get at least £20m for him.

Nani had a few injuries last season so didn't start every game but the season before last he was a pretty consistent starter iirc. He played pretty well then too. All the info thats coming out seems to suggest that Nanis problem is that he doesn't take on board what his coaches are trying to teach him. No amount of extra gametime is going to fix that.

If Uniteds coaches think he won't get any better then I'd believe them.

Bumhead

Banned
I'm on a time delay watching MOTD2, but fuck me, Stoke have spent more time booing Arsenal than they have supporting their own team.

Clowns.

Emhemed

What a wonderful day !!! Barca play shit and win and Castilla...I mean Getafe beat Real Madrid!! This doesn't happen too often.

And lol at people saying La Liga is over, it can't get any worse for RM now and I expect them to destroy every team they face till the next league classico.

I think CR7 looks angry because he cheated on Irina Shayk with Rita Pereira as I read a few days ago if i'm not mistaken. He has been below par.

K1LLER7

The Daily Mail are saying that United are willing to listen to offers starting from £15m. But I hope we'd get at least £20m for him.

Nani was had a few injuries last season so didn't start every game but the season before last he was a pretty consistent starter iirc. He played pretty well then too. All the info thats coming out seems to suggest that Nanis problem is that he doesn't take on board what his coaches are trying to teach him. No amount of extra gametime is going to fix that.
There's nobody out there to replace him apart from maybe Rodriguez from Porto.

Zabojnik

I am now streaming BloodZeed via SopCast/VLC/DNLA (I'm using Serviio) to my PS3. Amazing, just amazing. I can finally sit my ass on the couch.

Clegg

There's nobody out there to replace him apart from maybe Rodriguez from Porto.
Tbh if Nani was sold then I'd rather see us go for a player that operates in a more central position.

I'd like us to go for Isco. Failing that, we should at least go after a decent midfielder.

Arnie

Nani had a few injuries last season so didn't start every game but the season before last he was a pretty consistent starter iirc. He played pretty well then too. All the info thats coming out seems to suggest that Nanis problem is that he doesn't take on board what his coaches are trying to teach him. No amount of extra gametime is going to fix that.

If Uniteds coaches think he won't get any better then I'd believe them.

£15 million would be a great price for him as he is, I think. He's got enough about him to offer a decent return for that. Could be a great buy for Spurs at that price; if they get Nani and a creative midfielder with the Modric money then they could solve their cutting edge problem somewhat.

K1LLER7

Tbh if Nani was sold then I'd rather see us go for a player that operates in a more central position.

I'd like us to go for Isco. Failing that, we should at least go after a decent midfielder.
Would love Dembele but wouldn't that leave us a little short on the wings?

Clegg

£15 million would be a great price for him as he is, I think. He's got enough about him to offer a decent return for that. Could be a great buy for Spurs at that price; if they get Nani and a creative midfielder with the Modric money then they could solve their cutting edge problem somewhat.

Would be a great price for Spurs but not so great for United. There are also rumblings that Nani isn't particularly happy at United either.

It will be interesting to see what happens if Nani leaves. We could see United shift to a more central gameplan that places less emphasis on wingers. It would suit RVP and Kagawa.

But for that to happen we'd need to be looking for a decent midfielder to bolster that system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom