• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

Catching up on MOTD now, and really wish Fulham stopped hitting the ball straight at De Gea. Dembele was running them ragged and if they just had that extra cognizance in front of goal they could have wrangled a point from it, no question.

Selling Nani would be a stupid stupid idea.

Sure he frustrates and is inconsistent but most wingers by nature are. He's different to any of our other wide players and much more creative. People say he doesn't deliver but the stats prove that is just incorrect.

I really hope this doesn't happen and he renews his contract. Losing him makes our team and squad weaker, it's a stupid thing to do.

mil6es

Catching up on MOTD now, and really wish Fulham stopped hitting the ball straight at De Gea. Dembele was running them ragged and if they just had that extra cognizance in front of goal they could have wrangled a point from it, no question.
PM link please

D_prOdigy

Mr Law (Arsenal negotiator) is in Germany today. AFCamden says Wenger is after someone who he didn't think he could get previously.

Could it be..?

http://www.meh.ro/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/meh.ro10002.gif[/MG][/QUOTE]

My Professor Layton skillz are rusty - I'm not latching on to this cryptic clue.

Bumhead

Banned
United could do a lot worse than sign Thomas Ince.

Maybe not as the absolute immediate replacement for Nani, but he's going to be some player.

Arnie

Meus wants Götze to complete his triforce.

Let me just tell you now - its not happening.

I thought they were referring to a defensive midfielder, and in that sense the only one I could think of was Schweinsteiger.

United could do a lot worse than sign Thomas Ince.

Maybe not as the absolute immediate replacement for Nani, but he's going to be some player.

He's fucking brilliant, I read somewhere yesterday that Swansea were interested in him to replace Sinclair.

I'm still annoyed we let him go permanently.

Salazar

Yep.

And taking Shinji off and leaving a comprehensively gassed Anderson on for so long was a dumb idea.

GorillaJu

Selling Nani would be a stupid stupid idea.

Sure he frustrates and is inconsistent but most wingers by nature are. He's different to any of our other wide players and much more creative. People say he doesn't deliver but the stats prove that is just incorrect.

I really hope this doesn't happen and he renews his contract. Losing him makes our team and squad weaker, it's a stupid thing to do.

Ravel Morrison was supposed to be brilliant but as with Nani it comes down to the fact that you can't have someone in your team that you can't rely on. Nani just isn't a team player for the most part. He doesn't seem to fit in the system, it's like he operates in his own world and if he manages to connect with his team then it's both surprise and elation.

He's probably too good, skill-wise, to be on the bench every week (or not even making that), but he's just not intelligent enough of a player to be in a PL title-challenging club.

GorillaJu

Rumours of Sterling and Coates both starting today.

That would be crazy talk. He's been good for a youth player, but he doesn't contribute anything at all defensively, unlike Downing who wins the ball back. I just love Sterling as a player and I hope he has a great season, but I don't think he's ready for a start vs. Manchester City, unless we're planning to come out firing on all cylinders and nick an early goal.

Ravel Morrison was supposed to be brilliant but as with Nani it comes down to the fact that you can't have someone in your team that you can't rely on. Nani just isn't a team player for the most part. He doesn't seem to fit in the system, it's like he operates in his own world and if he manages to connect with his team then it's both surprise and elation.

He's probably too good, skill-wise, to be on the bench every week (or not even making that), but he's just not intelligent enough of a player to be in a PL title-challenging club.
I'm not sure.

Comparing him to Ravel is unfair anyway - Morrison had a lot of problems, behavioural and others, some of which haven't been aired by the club. He is a troubled young man and if he makes a successful career anyway Id be surprised. On the pitch there were no problems and he is actually very much a team player with a surprisingly high work rate.

Nani off the pitch has no problems of note. He's a committed and determined character who has always tried to improve. I don't think he slacks on the pitch either, he always tracks back and helps his defenders, much more than say Ronaldo did. It's true he makes some stupid decisions going forwards but honestly I think he gets treated much more harshly purely because of his style of play and because people know he is capable of better.

I agree with the disconnected part though - that's probably a fair assessment.

Yen

That would be crazy talk. He's been good for a youth player, but he doesn't contribute anything at all defensively, unlike Downing who wins the ball back. I just love Sterling as a player and I hope he has a great season, but I don't think he's ready for a start vs. Manchester City, unless we're planning to come out firing on all cylinders and nick an early goal.

Disagree with that. He is very hardworking and from what I've seen in reserve games, he tracks back often, and I don't think he left Robinson isolated against Hearts.

LegoArmo

The simple fact is, if Nani leaves, there's zero available wingers I can think of that would be good enough to replace him.

Bumhead

Banned
He's fucking brilliant, I read somewhere yesterday that Swansea were interested in him to replace Sinclair.

I'm still annoyed we let him go permanently.

I think he would be an asset to just about any side in the Premier League. He's pacy, direct, young and fearless. Dangerous assets at any level.

Like I say, he's probably a couple of steps below Nani as things stand right now, but I think he'd contribute something quite exciting to United. They could even give Blackpool £6-7m and loan him back to them for the season if they didn't think he was ready now. United have spent much, much more on much, much worse.

GorillaJu

You have two pure wingers with Valencia and Ashley, which is more than you need given that it seems the wing play is going to be attenuated in favor of a narrower approach, compared to last season at least.

LegoArmo

You have two pure wingers with Valencia and Ashley, which is more than you need given that it seems the wing play is going to be attenuated in favor of a narrower approach, compared to last season at least.

I disagree, and I think so does Fergie. Hazard or Lucas with Nani at the club would be overkill, but now they make sense.

spidye

Mr Law (Arsenal negotiator) is in Germany today. AFCamden says Wenger is after someone who he didn't think he could get previously.

Could it be..?

meh.ro10002.gif

Götze?
definitely not

kharma45

The simple fact is, if Nani leaves, there's zero available wingers I can think of that would be good enough to replace him.

We could probably get someone like James Rodriguez, or even someone like Sotiris Ninis who I've always thought could be quite good, although he is more of a right winger which would obviously put him in competition with Tony V whereas Rodriguez is naturally left sided.

Yen

Pretty awful constipation. Felt like giving birth. Don't think I've been in more pain than I was ugh ugh

I've been there. Nothing a suppository/enema/finger up the arse won't fix.

The other day I was too cheap to buy lunch so I had Club Orange and extra mints. Tore my insides apart, try that.

Clegg

If Nani were to leave then the money should be spent on a CM. Dembele is in the last year on his contract and would instantly improve our midfield

But SAF has already said that we're finished spending for the summer and there are those rumours that we need to sell to recoup the money we've spent.

I think we'd still be on the lookout for a winger but not until next summer.

Hixx

Will try to eat more fruit.

Is it painful? And what kind of treatment fixes piles (if it is indeed that)?

You get cream for piles. Which you smear all over your crack. It burns. If you want to know if its piles just go to a mirror and spread thy cheeks.

Enjoy.

Yen

Is it painful? And what kind of treatment fixes piles (if it is indeed that)?

Never had piles. But when I had surgery last year, I had week long constipation and had a suppository. Not painful at all, like a soft knitting needle.

bjaelke

pleke ‏@PLEKSTER
IF CITY FAIL TO WIN TODAY I WILL PUT MY COCK IN A TOASTER, TURN IT ON TO FULL POWER AND HUMP IT UNTIL TOASTING IS FINNISH. FACT.

Choc

Banned
pleke ‏@PLEKSTER
IF CITY FAIL TO WIN TODAY I WILL PUT MY COCK IN A TOASTER, TURN IT ON TO FULL POWER AND HUMP IT UNTIL TOASTING IS FINNISH. FACT.

in a league as unpredictable as the prem, you just dont tweet that

edit: the arsenal keeper thats not playing

Kyoufu

You get cream for piles. Which you smear all over your crack. It burns. If you want to know if its piles just go to a mirror and spread thy cheeks.

Enjoy.

Never had piles. But when I had surgery last year, I had week long constipation and had a suppository. Not painful at all, like a soft knitting needle.

ugh not looking forward to this

anyway, Liverpool vs City should be interesting. I don't think Liverpool will get clobbered as many are saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom