• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garjon

Doubt you could have given that, apart from the BotD, if his arm hadn't been there, it would have hit him on the head. Perhaps it was deliberate, but a referee can't really give a penalty unless he's sure. Well, some referees might.

Mumei

I am watching the Arsenal at Stoke City game. That was a pretty awful pass by Stoke followed by a pretty miserable shot by Arsenal.

whyamIupsoearlyagain?

Why is Giroud so good looking? He should be a model. Seriously...

Bless that gif.

GorillaJu

Giroud seems nervy in an Arsenal shirt. He'll need time to settle down, though I wouldn't put it past him to score a goal today.

Garjon

Nice from Podolski, typical cynical challenge from Huth, absolutely no attempt to play the ball, only to stop the attack by unfair means.

Kyoufu

I am watching the Arsenal at Stoke City game. That was a pretty awful pass by Stoke followed by a pretty miserable shot by Arsenal.

whyamIupsoearlyagain?

Bless that gif.

Stoke aren't very exciting to watch unfortunately. Arsene Wenger despises their ugly, brute style of football.

I can't find that gif anymore. :(

Bumhead

Banned
Nice from Podolski, typical cynical challenge from Huth, absolutely no attempt to play the ball, only to stop the attack by unfair means.

I remember when Arsenal used to be pretty famous for doing that. I remember us playing Arsenal and "only stopping attacks by unfair means" was the only way they could handle David Hirst. Steve Bould just about ended his career, infact.

Some short memories around here.

Pretty shit game so far.

arse has no fluency and stoke pretty much parks the bus and tries to counter, logically.

I remember when Arsenal used to be pretty famous for doing that. I remember us playing Arsenal and "only stopping attacks by unfair means" was the only way they could handle David Hirst. Steve Bould just about ended his career, infact.

Some short memories around here.

true. Keown as well, even the mighty adams did that.

Bumhead

Banned
true. Keown as well, even the mighty adams did that.

Just always makes me laugh when people associated with Arsenal get all bent out of shape about teams like Stoke, when a back four of Dixon, Bould, Adams and Winterburn used to be held with such high regard at Highbury.

I know things have changed since then but it's amusing nontheless.

Cazorla, once again, seems to be the only player likely to create anything. Static movement from the Arsenal. Podolski seemingly play central midfield. Jenkinson not going forward. It's just passing sideways from us right now. Not looking good at all. If Stoke score first, I think we may be in trouble. Gibbs looking good, but Diaby looks half asleep

bjaelke

Liverpool-Gaf, is there any chance Rodgers would play Sterling today?

Yes. At least that's what Twitter tells us.

Mike Jefferies ‏@mikejefferiesL4
Hear it's going to be Pepe Kelly Skrts Coates Glen Allen Lucas Gerrard Borini Suarez and Sterling

Carbonox

Cazorla is class. I look forward to next summer's transfer saga between Arsenal and Barcelona. Mark it in your diaries.
:p

Smeghead

Arsenal are so frustrating to watch, I get angry at them and I don't even support them.

The final ball isn't there everytime they get in good positions. I don't think I've seen gervinho have a good game, he's a like a taller and black version of Arshavin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom