• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtb

Banned
Lots of great up and coming groups on Fifa 13; Animal Kingdom, Royal Concept, Youngblood Hawke... along with my personal fave Walk the Moon.

Fady K

Ok so War Horse was good. But it was just that - good. Not good enough for Spielberg - though top critics loved it greatly for some reason.

District 9 was really good until it decided to abandon the documentary social commentary side and then it just became a good action film.

I know there was a change halfway through but I still loved it big time ;D One of the best sci-fi flicks I have seen in our generation.

For our resident Muslims, what are your thoughts on this anti-Muslim film thingy, and what are your thoughts on radical Islam?

It's important to stand up for the Prophet IMO, it is necessary, but not with such reactions obviously. Such reactions will not teach those who offend us much. Such actions will only give those who offend Muslims an excuse to point and say "barbarians, the lot of them!"

Anyway, it's a damn shame Muslims don't unite much at all these days IMO, unite as in helping each other build their nations and helping make their lands a better place. From the Muslims I know of, it is very easy for them to turn their backs on one another. Maybe this is a problem with humanity as a whole? Not much care these days? Many points to think of here.

I liked Source Code. I like Jake Gyllenhaal in leading roles, I don't really know why.

He was excellent in Zodiac, recommended.

Yenrot that was very easy to understand btw! Sounds quite different than Kyle's.

It's obviously offensive but I don't really care enough. Not too sound too vulnerable but over the years I've got used to this kind of thing. Besides, people can and say do as they want really, I don't have a major problem with that.

As usual, we've let ourselves down with this ridiculous response as one editor (Mehdi Hassan) succinctly put it there is mass desecration of many holy sites in Saudi Arabia but nobody seems to be offended by that. Muslims suddenly tend to care alot about stuff which might offend them when it's somebody out of the fold committing the offence. There are quite a few examples of stuff happening within the Islamic world by radical Muslims which should be pretty offensive to most even-minded Muslims but there's hardly any protest.

Sadly I think my view isn't exactly a common one. Alot of people are just majorly upset by this and whilst I can see why I just don't quite get it. I find it offensive and upsetting but it's not impacting my every day life. Generally I think Muslims just need to learn to deal - that said we still get a rough deal from most western media IMO.

THIS.

Though for the reason why I believe *some* Muslims who really care and do stand up for this is because they know deep down that if they ignore it and let the mockery of the Prophet continue, then it can get even worse down the line. Floodgates opening and all..

Never watched Arnold's movie, because..well.. It's Arnold.

Me, my friend and girlfriend liked it. It was fun in a popcorny way.

LOLOL loved it!

It is good bro! You should give it a watch sometime haha. He was good in that film! And yes, Cabin in the Woods was great and unique.

Like, the biggest twat you could know not on an Internet forum and called FadyK
<3

<3

I'm still a Sony fanboy :p

I'm past the point of arguing about it though lol

Likewise, though I love playing on other consoles and handhelds, but Sony does it best for me for a long time now.

Looking forward to watching this Fuse trailer when I get home. Wanna see what all the fuss is about

Nothing special within that trailer I'm afraid. In fact, I was disappointed as it is an Insomniac game after all. Felt bland. They say the game is great though, so at least we have hope it'll play well.

Fry

FIFA soundtracks are usually quite good. I like it that they put some Indie stuff in there.

Yeah, if there's one thing they always nail perfectly, it's the soundtrack. goddamn

I find it weird that they put two Kasabian songs in a roll though.

Arnie

My mate just turned to me and said 'shall I get Nuri Sahin or Bradley Johnson', before breaking down in laughter. He's retooling his fantasy team.

Wouldn't shut up about Will Buckley scoring against Wednesday too, sorry Mat, he's a Rochdale fan and Buckley came through their youth system.

The Charlton keeper had a header cleared off the line

I remember Friedel scoring for rovers at Charlton and then they went down the other end and scored straight away

Soi-Fong

So, just saw the blurb about Kagawa vowing to bulk up. I can understand the logic behind that, but I'm afraid he'll lose his pace if he does that.

Happened to Chicha.

Over the last 15 minutes I've convinced myself that in order to get Cazorla into my team it's a better idea to sell Yaya than it is to sell Kagawa even though it's very likely Kagawa won't play or that if he does he won't finish the game.

Shinji you make me weak :(

Soi-Fong

Over the last 15 minutes I've convinced myself that in order to get Cazorla into my team it's a better idea to sell Yaya than it is to sell Kagawa even though it's very likely Kagawa won't play or that if he does he won't finish the game.

Shinji you make me weak :(

More than likely will be rested tomorrow for Galatasaray and Liverpool.

So my mother asked me about Gangnam style today
KuGsj.gif

It's getting a lot of airtime over here and her co-worker told her that it was Korean, and since she knows that I'm interested in Korean cinema she thought I'd know. So I showed her the videoclip and many laughs were had.

Zenit lost 0-2? What happened, Sviatoslav?

Any interesting matches tomorrow?

Team looked pretty limp, definitely seems like the international break took it's toll. Plus, Terek played really solid defensively and then struck on the counter late in the game. Funny thing though it was 0-0 before Hulk and Witsel came off the bench.

I wouldn't say I'm totally shocked with the loss as Terek have always played us tough and this season they have looked better than ever. It could be end up being a good thing though, a nice wake up call before the Champions League.

Bo-Locks

I wish there were more far east players in the PL and European football. Exactly how popular is football over there? Kagawa has such a positive mindset in terms of self-improvement and sacrifice for the team. So refreshing to see. I can't see him falling out of a club in the early hours with a slapper on each arm, and his pants round his ankles anytime soon. I suppose they are the sort of qualities that a lot of players from that part of the world have in common, like the Brazillians with their "samba" style, the Japanese and Koreans have work and team ethic. Imagine a cross between the two, that would be the ultimate football team, like what Dunga envisioned. Kagawa is that one in a million that has the combined abilities. The England national team has lacked any sort of identity like that for a long time now.

European clubs should really step up their scouting efforts in Japan.

Zenit... PSG v2?

In what way? Those were our only purchases in 4 transfer windows and likely, we won't buy anyone again for another 2 years. And only about about a quarter of our budget comes from Gazprom so we're not really like oil rich clubs.

And the team will be fine, I think. The league is tougher than most people think, you're going to drop points here and there. Still think we should be favorites to win it though. But the Champions League worries me more, though. I wonder what type of lineup Spalletti will put out against Malaga.

FIFA 13 is depressing me. Cant string 3 passes together when playing against human opposition. The ball feels like its 2m away from my feet because the simplest pass seems to bounce off my boot. At this rate, FIFA 20 will require you to attend real life training sessions before you can play a match on FIFA

So, what are the English translation about what Kagawa said about his injury?

The German ones don't make sense. In them, he says he needs to work on his fitness and his injury was due to the long travel and being tired. How are the long travels something new? And how is he not fit enough coming from Dortmund? That would be a bit disgraceful to BVB for me, but well, it's probably just something lost in translation, so whatever.

Slizz

FIFA 13 is depressing me. Cant string 3 passes together when playing against human opposition. The ball feels like its 2m away from my feet because the simplest pass seems to bounce off my boot. At this rate, FIFA 20 will require you to attend real life training sessions before you can play a match on FIFA

Played my first game of FIFA13 against an actual human yesterday. Tbh it was hard to notice the differences from 12, my friend who it was his first time ever playing 13 said he couldn't tell.

As always though the demos of FIFA are never as good as the full version, go back and play the FIFA12 demo lol.

One more FIFA13 thing, love the fucking mini games in the loading screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom