• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
How's the coaching coming along, Wilbury?

Passed everything on the course, had a bit of fun and there was a wacky Scotsman who emailed me the other day asking if I wanted to meet for a drink in Aberdeen.

But yeah, not too much going on. There's a bloke who used to live on my road who is now coaching a little league team and I might ask if I can help out, but he's so insufferable. Like, the biggest twat you could know not on an Internet forum and called FadyK
<3
. Gonna bed into uni and see what's happening about a part time job and then will probably ask if I can pop down for training to help out.

Awesome cross. Anyone else feel that Championship teams often have superiror crossers to their Premier League counterparts?

Zaha's fucking A

Snodgrass has proven his ability already, and despite Peter Whittingham being an utter fuck farmer on PES back in the days he's class.

haha that's because I just copied it from the Npower Championship Wiki entry (which is missing Sheff Wed And Wolves strangely). Shouldn't have been lazy.

Barnsley
Birmingham City
Blackburn Rovers
Blackpool
Bolton Wanderers
Brighton & Hove Albion
Bristol City
Burnley
Cardiff City
Charlton Athletic
Crystal Palace
Derby County
Huddersfield Town
Hull City
Ipswich Town
Leeds United
Leicester City
Middlesbrough
Millwall
Nottingham Forest
Peterborough
Sheffield Wednesday
Watford
Wolverhampton Wanderers

Just realised how many Yorkshire-ish clubs are in the Championship too.

Linius

Somebody told me 'wait till you get to "out of gas"...' and so I did. Must be one of the best TV episodes I ever saw.

This is about Firefly btw.

Wilbur

Banned
Even disregarding once great teams like Leeds and Forest, It's mad there's a Premier League winner in the Championship.

And there will be another one this year.

Arsenal.

No wait, they have a defense now. City.

Hold on they have money. So do Chelsea.

Liverpool?

They haven't even fucking won it.

Us. It's us, isn't it?

Bumhead

Banned
Yeah, it's a better league for us this year for sure. League One was a bit of a nightmare, location wise.

Our longest trip of the season is tonight for Brighton away, the worst game you want on a Friday night.

There's only 6 teams in the entire league who haven't been in the top flight, although I expect Brighton to get there sooner than later.

Wilbur

Banned
Yeah, it's a better league for us this year for sure. League One was a bit of a nightmare, location wise.

Our longest trip of the season is tonight for Brighton away, the worst game you want on a Friday night.

There's only 6 teams in the entire league who haven't been in the top flight, although I expect Brighton to get there sooner than later.

Brighton's stadium is class. My girlfriend lived literally five minutes walk away from the stadium last year and worked there for a few months. I went to see them play.... Coventry I think? Was relatively cheap and the food's nice.

I was talking to a coach with a team even lower down in the divisions, but now low enough for them to go regional. He says it's a nightmare having to do away games and if it wasn't for fan fund raisers and local business chipping in they probably wouldn't be able to afford them.

Even disregarding once great teams like Leeds and Forest, It's mad there's a Premier League winner in the Championship.

And there will be another one this year.

Arsenal.

No wait, they have a defense now. City.

Hold on they have money. So do Chelsea.

Liverpool?

They haven't even fucking won it.

Us. It's us, isn't it?

It's bad in general that only 4 clubs have won the league, and it could be argued that all of them have done so with spending heavily in their respective eras.

Guys, I really want to organise a FIFA/PES meetup tournament between Gaffers here. Anyone willing to travel to London or nearby? Playing on a couch next to each other would be so much better than Online

Yes! But where would have enough room without going to someone's house?

My place may be available, I live at home though so w'ed have to be well behaved. But if not, I'm sure we could meet at a games arcade or something - have the entire day on FIFA for ourselves if management agree to it

Everyone donate 10$ so I can travel to London.

I would be willing to, for sure. If FootballGAF set up a funding pot, we may be able to afford to bring quite a few people together

Saying Maggie is "ugly" is hilarious. I had a good laugh.

it2eQWy7P5rz3.gif

pulga

Banned
I haven't spent this much time reading Gaming side threads in a long long time. WiiU is renewing my interest in this hobby :D atleast the meltdowns are :lol

It's fun reading the console warrior battles, makes you realize what an immature ass you were back then when you gave a crap about "company loyalty".

Wilbur

Banned
I love the idea that now we're a community you think I'll give you money.

If I have any spare after I buy my bongo mags I'll auction my cash off for some cold hard cash

Bumhead

Banned
Brighton's stadium is class. My girlfriend lived literally five minutes walk away from the stadium last year and worked there for a few months. I went to see them play.... Coventry I think? Was relatively cheap and the food's nice.

Yeah, of all the new builds Brightons looks the most unique. Looks like there's more to it than a lot of the other bowl stadiums. I'm gutted our game is tonight as I had this one chalked up as a certainty when the fixtures came out.

Brighton deserve to do well. Great for them to have a home after being shunted into the Withdean for so many years.

I was talking to a coach with a team even lower down in the divisions, but now low enough for them to go regional. He says it's a nightmare having to do away games and if it wasn't for fan fund raisers and local business chipping in they probably wouldn't be able to afford them.

Heh, believe it or not Wednesday have been there before. On our road to almost being liquidated before Milan saved us the players were paying for their own train fares to some matches. I have no idea how a lot of teams at the foot of the football ladder manage it.

EDIT: Oh and FFS, Wayne Bridge scores for them.

Kyoufu

I wanna hang out with Hixx some day. Would be a cool bonding moment between rival fans.

Also I guarantee Arnie and Kermit would have a fist fight on sight IRL.

They're never going to enforce the 6 second rule on keepers ever again, are they?

I wanna hang out with Hixx some day. Would be a cool bonding moment between rival fans.

Sunderland fans are generally OK when they're on their own. It's when they get together... like Mad Mackem, he's fine when you talk to him 1-to-1, but if there's another Mackem near him he tries to turn into Billy Banter Big Balls.

I haven't spent this much time reading Gaming side threads in a long long time. WiiU is renewing my interest in this hobby :D atleast the meltdowns are :lol

It's fun reading the console warrior battles, makes you realize what an immature ass you were back then when you gave a crap about "company loyalty".

I'm still a Sony fanboy :p

I'm past the point of arguing about it though lol

Wilbur

Banned
1) People saying 'the' Arsenal
2) The word 'banter'

One of my English teachers went on a tirade about the word banter a few years ago, saying its overused and infantile and essentially an excuse for misogynism, racism, etc., and when he'd finished some boy went 'calm down Sir, it's just banter', and the teacher almost lunged for him. Restrained himself, adjusted his tie and said 'well you're just a tosser'.

It's sort of been rewritten but no one has said anything. Like it only counts if it's blatant time wasting, but if the Keeper is just crap at making his mind up at who he wants to pass it to... that's fine.

Tim Krul ©

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom