• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtb

Banned
Don't be so pessimistic, you're probably right but still.We need a couple of weeks when we can feel good.

If Wilshere really does come back from injury and isn't permacrocked or significantly/irreversibly set back (like Ramsey...?), our season could be good. He could play just about any role in that midfield 3 and be an adequate replacement for any of our first choice there. Of course that's a huge if...

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I don't understand how Luiz gets in ahead of Cahill. One is reliable, one isn't.

flake

Ramires is ok on the right, he did perfectly fine there last season. And he is still one of our best players, I don't blame RDM for wanting to fit him in there.

He did well there because the circumstances made sense to deploy him there. But when play against teams like QPR were we have the majority of possession he isn't very effective.

I would prefer to see lampard benched and Ramires playing centre mid.

We lost to Wigan at the end of last season because they pressed our midfield and no answers were to be had. It's difficult not to see this as an almost-repeat of that poor selection. To be fair, Scholes didn't play that game, so Fergie isn't completely insane. It's obvious he's betting on him to control the game while giving Cleverley and Kagawa (along with RVP) some rotation on the bench, with Liverpool and Galatasary ahead in a tight schedule. And for a gambler like him, it probably helps that Rio, Scholes and Giggs are all celebrating appearance milestones in this game. Not too shocking that he'd start them together.

Otherwise, this might be the first time Evra's not been in the match-day squad for years. And far from that for Anderson.

What a shit finish by Kane

Yeah but that's all I thought he'd be dropped for as punishment for his mistake.

I don't think it's all about punishing De Gea. Lindegaard didn't do much wrong in the last game, and it would be unfair to drop him for nothing. That would send out the wrong message. De Gea shouldn't get special treatment.

If Wilshere really does come back from injury and isn't permacrocked or significantly/irreversibly set back (like Ramsey...?), our season could be good. He could play just about any role in that midfield 3 and be an adequate replacement for any of our first choice there. Of course that's a huge if...

Wilshire really does have alot on his shoulders now, I hope he's up to it, we don't want him turning into Walcott(granted he was already superior to Theo)not to say Walcott is rubbish but he's not lived upto expectations.

jtb

Banned
is diaby injured? he's not even in the squad.

took a knock during internationals; back in training but being rested today for Montpelier (with an eye on City/Chelsea). For once, a fitness gamble that Wenger didn't take!

K1LLER7

I don't think it's all about punishing De Gea. Lindegaard didn't do much wrong in the last game, and it would be unfair to drop him for nothing. That would send out the wrong message. De Gea shouldn't get special treatment.
This.

Lindegaard is a very good option for Fergie, DDG will have to work for his place back in the team.

LegoArmo

Lindegaard's kicking is terrible. Just gives away possession every single time.

fuenf

i wanna see some more games. but yeah, tendency is good

imo it's his best position, yeah he might score more goals on the '10' but he offers more to the team on the wing. furthermore i just dont like this inverted winger bullshit, 1 inverted winger can help but 2 is too much and makes our game inflexible.

Fergie

Banned
Anderson needs to lose weight. Doesn't help him or his career. But I guess the pies and Macdonalds temptation is much too strong.

Tevez should release a get fit DVD.

LegoArmo

You're only saying that because of the last game.

Nah, it's something I've noticed across a lot of matches. De Gea is miles ahead in that department. I really believe he should be number 1, week in/week out, dropping him won't help, in my opinion, but maybe Ferguson knows better.

Shocking. Should have given up on him long ago. Minutes played in the league:

2007/08 - 1485
2008/09 - 930
2009/10 - 859
2010/11 - 1182
2011/12 - 690

Imagine if Fletcher plays more games than him this season. Knowing you're less fit than a chronically ill person would hopefully shame Anderson into releasing the racehorses he's taken hostage from Fergie's stables.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom