• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

Buttner V Balotelli. What a matchup that could be.

Also freaking lol at everyone's favourite Twitter feed.

"are academy is so good that we can develop stars like powel N buttner in order to rip shit of wigan"

LegoArmo

Liverpool should train with goals a bit smaller than the regular ones, and tell the players to aim for the bar on those.

It makes sense in my head.

Garjon

Off target, but nice effort. Man Liverpool players need to learn to at least hit the target. Goal's not that small.

It's gone from statistical probability to statistical whatthefuckery now. I just don't understand what's going on? Some sort of weird 'off the post and in' training regimen still lurking around.

People talk about Liverpool hitting the post/bar all the time like it's some crazy bad luck. How can you not hit the target from there?

elseanio

I'd agree if it was an open goal.. However, how can you not describe Johnson shot today as unlucky? It wasn't poor finishing, it was great technique. Must not take much to raise the ball an inch higher than you needed

I'd agree if it was an open goal.. However, how can you not describe Johnson shot today as unlucky? It wasn't poor finishing, it was great technique. Must not take much to raise the ball an inch higher than you needed

I didn't mention the Johnson shot. Obviously some are very good shots that are just an inch or so off, I'm saying for the amount of times it happens it's usually down to poor finishing rather than some mystical force.

GQman2121

Banned
This ain't the NFL. And if anything deserves a fine, it's Torres actions walkin off.

Worry about your own team.

And really Kagawa and Buttner weren't flicking off anybody.

I'm not saying they should be fined. I think its awesome. I'm just commenting on how insane the largest sport in my country has become. I think its great that the FA is able to separate the game from the person(s).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom