• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empty

rodgers has a lot of work to turn liverpool into a good possession based side. they're giving the ball away easily a lot.

sohois

Yes I did. I also saw him scoring a great goal against Man City the other week. Also saw him scoring lots of goals in the previous seasons. If he's bad, who's good on Liverpool side?

He scored less than 10 last season, Liverpool's back four, Lucas and now probably Allen are all far more consistently effective than Suarez

RaGe_pt

You're barking up the wrong tree. Nobody's saying Suarez is 'bad', just that he's acting a numpty today, just like he did against Arsenal, and just like he's done with regularity in the past.

I accept that but I also think that he is your best player and the only one capable of scoring or making something happen in the game. And no one in the Liverpool squad is regular (at playing well I mean).

Wilbur

Banned
The FOLLOWING PIC IS LEGENDARY

A22Rv_ECIAAv76e.jpg

OH MY FUCKING GOD

THIS IS FUCKING BEAUTIFUL

Clegg

Suarez would play better if he cut out the diving.

IMO he also tries to overcomplicate things too much and the wastes possession because of it.

LegoArmo

I think that's harsh. I think he would play better if he had more quality surrounding him.

Crowds are against him, referees are on to him, rightly or wrongly. He'd probably score 40 a season in La Liga, and the "star" strikers are a bit more protected over there.

He scored less than 10 last season, Liverpool's back four, Lucas and now probably Allen are all far more consistently effective than Suarez

Allen? What's he done?

Liverpool's back four are decidedly average: They're slow, leak goals and rarely do anything offensive.

Gerrard really needs to step it up - I hope Rodgers has the cajones to bench him.

jtb

Banned
Crowds are against him, referees are on to him, rightly or wrongly. He'd probably score 40 a season in La Liga, and the "star" strikers are a bit more protected over there.

It's true that Suarez will have a very difficult time winning a penalty ever again with all his diving antics, but I think you're understating his inabiity to be a consistent finisher. At the end of the day, as a striker he needs to be able to score—that's his job. If he can't score, then don't play him as a striker.

sohois

Dismal.

Shelvey and Gerrard don't deserve to play the second half

I don't think Shelvey has done that badly? And to be honest, Gerrard hasn't had a bad game either. The problem in midfield is that both are far more comfortable further up the pitch, when only one can play there, plus it forces Allen to play as a DM when which is preventing him from imposing his passing on the game. When i saw the line-up I did think to myself that I would've preferred to see Henderson over Shelvey, I'd imagine him or Sahin will soon be on.

I don't think Shelvey has done that badly? And to be honest, Gerrard hasn't had a bad game either. The problem in midfield is that both are far more comfortable further up the pitch, when only one can play there, plus it forces Allen to play as a DM when which is preventing him from imposing his passing on the game. When i saw the line-up I did think to myself that I would've preferred to see Henderson over Shelvey, I'd imagine him or Sahin will soon be on.

More for laziness than quality. Can't be doing with players who get tackled and stand there for 5 seconds before taking up their correct position

sohois

Allen? What's he done?

Liverpool's back four are decidedly average: They're slow, leak goals and rarely do anything offensive.

Gerrard really needs to step it up - I hope Rodgers has the cajones to bench him.

Just because he isn't banging in goals doesn't mean Allen hasn't been extremely effective in midfield, his composure on the ball is outstanding, his ability to retain possession will cut out as many goals as any top tackling midfielder.

Last season Liverpool's back four was one of the best in the league, and I wouldn't say any of them are slow, I can't remember one of the first choice players being beaten for pace. Furthermore, the inability to contribute offensively has far more to do with the attacking players than the defenders.

If they were in the NFL they would be fined $20,000 and forced to sit out one game.

Thank God this isn't the NFL. Fuck United and all, but a picture like that is pretty funny and no one gets hurt, it would be something else if they were giving the fingers to the camera or fans or something during the game on tv.

This ain't the NFL. And if anything deserves a fine, it's Torres actions walkin off.

Worry about your own team.

And really Kagawa and Buttner weren't flicking off anybody.
You never cease to amaze me. He wasn't having a go at them, simply stating that a similar image in the NFL would have certain repercussions .

And yeah, a player walking down the tunnel is definitely fine worthy, sure...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom