• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spurs looked good in the second half. AVB will be pleased with the midfield-attack transition phase or whatever the heck he calls it. Sigurdsson hasn't impressed me at all this season though, he needs to do better cos Spurs have some pretty good quality through their squad now.

Spurs looked good in the second half. AVB will be pleased with the midfield-attack transition phase or whatever the heck he calls it. Sigurdsson hasn't impressed me at all this season though, he needs to do better cos Spurs have some pretty good quality through their squad now.

I didn't think he was good either but several pundits were singing his praises. Strange.

Wilbur

Banned

I'd be tempted to play Dempsey there instead of him for sure. I think he's very good but not so class that van der Vaart should be sold and he his replacement.

near

Gold Member
To be honest on the whole going forward we was pretty terrible, constant long balls and clearances. Hopefully the team will be more confident going into our next game, but nothing to get excited about here, Reading didn't do much at all to tremble us. Excellent performance from Lennon and Defoe as solo efforts while Sandro and Vert held it together too. :)

It can't just be about money. Surely.

Not all the time

3kkDl.jpg

But most of it.

Reading playing YNWA. Classy.

Also there was something in the paper this morning saying United issues a statement slamming fans who were disrespectful yesterday. Probably LTTP in saying that but it leads me on to my next point.

The only way this will stop is for fellow fans to question them or report them to stewards. It has to stop though.
People regularly shout down those sort of chants at OT anytime I've been. People don't care - they're happy chanting those things and think its fair game.

Desperately poor that MUST tried to justify yesterdays chants by claiming they're about Suarez - yeah that's bullshit.

Nice, well done.

Standard Liege letting down my 14 fold. Got Spurs in an enhanced acca on Paddy Power with Inter and Ath. Madrid.

Oddschecker.com is such a great website. Recommend it if you haven't heard about it. Create your accumulator there and it'll compare the odds across all sites like PaddyPower.

jtb

Banned

well... they're footballers. Reminds me of that article about sex in Olympic Village; "Even if the face is like a 7, the body's always an 11,"
unless you're Anderson
which suggests that even someone like Ribery is a pretty attractive specimen. And they have absurd amounts of money and fame to go with it.

3Sixty

Oddschecker.com is such a great website. Recommend it if you haven't heard about it. Create your accumulator there and it'll compare the odds across all sites like PaddyPower.

Yeah i've used it before, try to limit myself to only a couple of sites though. Only joined Paddy Power because of their newest offer. The treble was 13/2 anyway, which was a very good price.

Zabojnik

Cows (Torino) vs. Merde (Inter) tonight. Dammit, there has to be a way for both teams to take home 0 points. Guess I'll be rooting for the next best thing, a shitty draw.

Why do professional sports stars tend to have such beautiful wives/girlfriends? It's rare seeing a rich guy with an unattractive partner.
Because they're in great shape and have an amazing and exciting career. All the money helps too.

Not all the time

http://i.imgur.com/3kkDl.jpg[IMG]

But most of it.[/QUOTE]A study of either match.com or eharmony (can't remember which) based on correspondence between members from a sample U.S. state found that women place greater emphasis on career and money whilst men are a lot more likely to place importance on looks.

So no, it's not always about money, but a lot of the time it is.

Edit: second bit was obvious, no need.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
We played well today, at last we were able to field the right players in midfield. Created loads of chances, passed well, defended aerial balls properly. Defoe put on a great shift up front a d could have scored 5 goals, he deserves to be playing ATM.

Walker needs to pull his socks up though, horrendous gaffe from him letting his man go at the end. Naughton impressed me, if Walker can't sort his shit out I would be happy to see BAE and Naughton at FB.

Gylfi was OK, excellent through ball for the first goal. He's a quiet young man and needs to settle, but VDV is no longer looming over him so I expect him to come good.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Oh COME ON Zamps! I feel bad for Sannino, he had a good thing going with Siena.
Cows (Torino) vs. Merde (Inter) tonight. Dammit, there has to be a way for both teams to take home 0 points. Guess I'll be rooting for the next best thing, a shitty draw.

Fuck that! Inter gets zero fucking points is always my choice. GO TORINO!

dc89

People regularly shout down those sort of chants at OT anytime I've been. People don't care - they're happy chanting those things and think its fair game.

Desperately poor that MUST tried to justify yesterdays chants by claiming they're about Suarez - yeah that's bullshit.

It would be SO awesome if Fergie and Rodgers went on the pitch before the game and addressed the fans and basically said if you chant awful things you will be caught and you will be banned from Anfield and Old Trafford.

I don't understand it, because both clubs have suffered tragedies. Do those United fans not understand the gravity of what they are doing? Do they now know about the Munich air disaster?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom