• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
At least in terms of weight lifting, shorter people have the advantage so there's that. It's not all doom and gloom. I remember watching a documentary that made it seem like being short was the worse thing in the world.
And in football too. ;)

If any of you somehow haven't seen Oldboy, it's on film4 at 11. Watch it! (But don't read anything about it)

Highly recommended!

1st leg of AfCON qualifier:

Ivory Coast 5 - 2 Senegal

Kalou, Gervinho, Drogba (2) and Gradel for Ivory. Cisse and Doye for Senegal.

N'Doye. :(

ibd99CqhleNe5m.gif

Did you watch it and in that case how was N'Doyes goal? African football is usually such a mess, this sounds like this was too, remember seeing Senegal last year and the team was just broken over in 5 attacking and 5 defending, the lines were not playing together at all.

Kyoufu

Nah I didn't watch it. Drogba's 2nd goal was disallowed for "handball" so it's 4-2.

All I heard was Cisse's header was awesomesauce.

Linius

Did you watch it and in that case how was N'Doyes goal? African football is usually such a mess, this sounds like this was too, remember seeing Senegal last year and the team was just broken over in 5 attacking and 5 defending, the lines were not playing together at all.

Don't forget the mention the brutal tackles. We have some South African players at Ajax (sattelite club Ajax Cape Town) and those guys sure know how to put a man down. Enoh (Cameroon) is almost guaranteed of a booking :p

Don't forget the mention the brutal tackles. We have some South African players at Ajax (sattelite club Ajax Cape Town) and those guys sure know how to put a man down. Enoh (Cameroon) is almost guaranteed of a booking :p

Well last time I saw they made N'Doye play defensive midfielder at one point... Their manager is like a drunk playing FM I think.

N'Doye is only dirty against Brøndby.

ibaUfKnW6uihX3.gif

Linius

Holy shit and then there Eriksen with a lazy attitude nearly was at fault for a goal to the Czechs.

It's weird how players can be of great value for their club and never play a great match for the national team. We had that same problem with Seedorf. The guy played at all the big clubs, won numerous prices but never got around in the national squad.

It's weird how players can be of great value for their club and never play a great match for the national team. We had that same problem with Seedorf. The guy played at all the big clubs, won numerous prices but never got around in the national squad.

Well if Eriksen is going to play for as long as Seedorf he at least got like 20 years to prove his worth. :p

Linius

Well if Eriksen is going to play for as long as Seedorf he at least got like 20 years to prove his worth. :p

That's true :p

Oh, and Seedorf's uncle (one of many, big family) is a math teacher. I had him for one year at high school :p

/Random fun fact

ANDREAS CORNELIUS ON, PREPARE FOR GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOALS.

Who am I kidding, this match is so poor, fucking international football.

bud23

If any of you somehow haven't seen Oldboy, it's on film4 at 11. Watch it! (But don't read anything about it)

Yep,good movie,highly recommended.
A weird mix of violence and redemption, really interesting.
Man, I saw this movie 3 or 4 years ago ,time flies, probably it´s time to watch it again.

dc89

... Rihanna? Florence?

I don't get this reference in relation to Football.

Shaun Goater a Bermudan footballer made 184 appearances for Manchester City and scored 101 goals. City fans chanted "Feed the Goat and he will score".

He's a bit of a City legend.

In the last Manchester Derby at Maine Road (City's old stadium) he stole the ball from Gary Neville right by the touchline, all Neville had to was put it out of play but Goater got it and scored.

1600248.jpg

Zabojnik

You dare betray Sony? Get it for PS3!

Any PS3 or prospective PC players? lol My 360 RROD...

PC here. I wish everyone would buy it for PC. I have both the PS3 and the 360, but almost everybody has a PC. It's not like FIFA is that demanding either and you can play with Dualshock or the 360 pad on the PC. Win, win, win.

How can people hate the 360 controller? It's sublime.

Eh, it comes down to what people are accustomed to. I've been playing PES on the PS brand forever, so I prefer to use the DS. The 360 pad is fine too, even if the face buttons are as shitty as a toilet after a visit from Kyoufu.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
damn I wake up on a saturday and im already thinking of chilli on tuesday. worst comes to worst we are so much bigger than them...

You already slept?

PC here. I wish everyone would buy it for PC. I have both the PS3 and the 360, but almost everybody has a PC. It's not like FIFA is that demanding either and you can play with Dualshock or the 360 pad on the PC. Win, win, win.

But playing on PC is still fairly shitty if you want to play offline with friends.

WJD

Playing the PES demo and jesus there are so many things for me to like in it but it still feels a generation behind with regards to tech. So frustrating - I'll only pick it up if it goes below £20

Denmark - Czech ended 0-0, pretty shitty match but at least Cornelius and Nicolai Jørgensen were both pretty good, Leon Andreassen should probably have scored at least one goal.

I'm always thinking of chilli.

I hate your female Spearing avatar.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
damn I wake up on a saturday and im already thinking of chilli on tuesday. worst comes to worst we are so much bigger than them...
Please don't injure Vidal and Isla.

Vidal is playing in defense, it'd be interesting to see him against Falcwow!

Carbonox

Senegal lost to Ivory Coast? Thank god for that. Means we only lose Tiote during the ACoN.

Cisse's goal though...fucking wow.

Carbonox

It ain't over quite yet. 2nd leg still to be played. Only 2 goal difference. Anything can happen.

3 goals you mean? I thought the result was 5-2.

Anyway, I'm confident Senegal won't go through. I would like to see Cisse get another goal or two though, anything to get him confident for the Premier League. I wouldn't be surprised if Ramadan impacted him like it did Ba the season before.

Kyoufu

3 goals you mean? I thought the result was 5-2.

Anyway, I'm confident Senegal won't go through. I would like to see Cisse get another goal or two though, anything to get him confident for the Premier League. I wouldn't be surprised if Ramadan impacted him like it did Ba the season before.

Last goal was disallowed.

Carbonox

Last goal was disallowed.

Wankers.

When's the second leg?

Beginning of the season for Sunday League football in my town tomorrow. YEEEAAAAHHHH. Can't wait to break some spines.

Oh and speaking of Cisse, I found a place in town that does goat curry. Totally gonna try that shit.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Please don't injure Vidal and Isla.

Vidal is playing in defense, it'd be interesting to see him against Falcwow!

I like juve but vidal has a JT hair style. They are the worst match up for us so we might have to resort to our Colombian thuggery...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom