• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
1KkG1.jpg

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...r-Brendan-Rodgers-methods-and-philosophy.html

:lol :lol :lol

Kyoufu

I saw a video on youtube of Michael Emerson doing a cribs-like thing, showing people round his house. On the wall in his dining room, he had a giant painting of himself, staring down at the dinner table.

That'd put me off my meal.

bud23

Come on, his amount of goals in Serie A alone gives a pretty clear image of him being a good player. He was also a huge part of Palermo finishing one point away from CL spots that season. Not that he and his agents are not huge JT's, but he's also a good footballer.

For sure,you are right.Cavani is not a bad player at all. Reading it again,maybe my thought was a bit excessive.

Anyone else here have EA Sports Season Ticket? NHL 13 early release is out now. Me and a friend tried clubs on it last year a scored 3/4 goals in 50 or so games! If anyone has it and wants to play please do as I'm fucking awful!

Salvadora

I think you always need good, attacking youth. Ultimately we'll see what happens with a few of the current squad's contracts and/or if any transfers are made.

Who knows how much could change between now and next year, especially considering City's forwards but you would think it wouldn't be a high priority considering areas of need in the squad.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
god damn those console warz posts were fun. where is koji who is the only one better than me but he still uses pause glitches to win?

im going to sleep sorry

Stephan Andersen; Lars Jacobsen, Simon Kjær, Daniel Agger, Daniel Wass; William Kvist, Thomas Kristensen, Christian Eriksen; Dennis Rommedahl, Nicolai Jørgensen, Michael Krohn-Dehli

Awww yeah. 3 Copenhagen players starting and our Captain from last season and Cornelius is on the bench. Nicolai Jørgensen isn't even a real striker though, so will be interesting seeing him there. Actually kind of care about the national team today, Krohn Dehli can still go fuck himself though.

god damn those console warz posts were fun. where is koji who is the only one better than me but he still uses pause glitches to win?

im going to sleep sorry

:lol

Goodnight.

Wilbur

Banned
The painting was likely a gift from a supporter. I doubt he got it commissioned especially to put up in the office

a prominent painting of himself, which was a gift from a charity he had helped in Swansea.

Still pretty egotistical to put it up. I'd understand if it was him and his family or something, but keep it away somewhere if its a silly pose like that

Meier

Watching that ACON match between Ivory Coast and Senegal. There's fuckin dudes in riot gear and camouflage all around the exterior of the pitch. Crazy!

Kolo just came in with a brutal challenge on some poor guy from Senegal. He got up pretty quickly though.

Zabojnik

Undoubtedly bullshit but I hope it comes to fruition.

http://www.football-italia.net/24827/jovetic-has-man-city-promise?

Seems a very likely scenario after the Nastasić-Savić deal, unless PSG decide to move on Jovetić and offer 50M€ or something. I'm sure City could match that, I'm just not sure Jovetić is going to be a priority for you guys next year, seeing how you already have Aguero and Tevez. He's not going to Juve, that's a given. We had our (last) chance this summer and blew it.

Yen

Still pretty egotistical to put it up. I'd understand if it was him and his family or something, but keep it away somewhere if its a silly pose like that

At the same time, if a charity gave you a painting after you helped them, firing it into the attic is a dick move.

Wilbur

Banned
At the same time, if a charity gave you a painting after you helped them, firing it into the attic is a dick move.

They're never going to see it. I'd put it in a drawer somewhere as opposed to having it front and centre on the wall when people come to interview.

dc89

FM12 /sigh

1st leg of the Champions League round of 16 and I draw Juventus. Away leg first.

I am racked with injuries at the moment. Barry, Zabaleta, Milner, Savic, Lescott & Hart.

4 minutes in Yaya has to go off injured. 6 minutes in Aguero goes off injured.

Injuries. /doicare

Soi-Fong

So Jones is injured again... Now I'm really wondering do United make their players run through minefields and such at Carrington because our defensive injuries is just starting to become a bit... Insane..

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Stephan Andersen; Lars Jacobsen, Simon Kjær, Daniel Agger, Daniel Wass; William Kvist, Thomas Kristensen, Christian Eriksen; Dennis Rommedahl, Nicolai Jørgensen, Michael Krohn-Dehli

Awww yeah. 3 Copenhagen players starting and our Captain from last season and Cornelius is on the bench. Nicolai Jørgensen isn't even a real striker though, so will be interesting seeing him there. Actually kind of care about the national team today, Krohn Dehli can still go fuck himself though.

:lol

Goodnight.

im up, seriously disappointed with lack of posts

Zabojnik

Random question. I've never been to a GameStop before and I have a dozen or so older games I'd like to get rid of and use the credit to preorder Fifa 13 Juve Steelbox edition, the superior PC version. What's their policy on used games? Do they take everything?

Meier

Random question. I've never been to a GameStop before and I have a dozen or so older games I'd like to get rid of and use the credit to preorder Fifa 13 Juve Steelbox edition, the superior PC version. What's their policy on used games? Do they take everything?

Some games (mostly sports) have essentially $0 trade-in value a year or two later at least in the US. Amazon will probably give you a better value if they offer that service in Italy.. (do you actually live there or just support Juve?).

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Seems a very likely scenario after the Nastasić-Savić deal, unless PSG decide to move on Jovetić and offer 50M€ or something. I'm sure City could match that, I'm just not sure Jovetić is going to be a priority for you guys next year, seeing how you already have Aguero and Tevez. He's not going to Juve, that's a given. We had our (last) chance this summer and blew it.

We've burned our bridges at both ends after the Berbatov ordeal.
1daSp.gif

Marotta's I don't-give-a-fuck-about-any-club-except-Juve attitude is admirable but fucking short sighted and stupid.

It's like he knows his ass is on the line

Zabojnik

Some games (mostly sports) have essentially $0 trade-in value a year or two later at least in the US. Amazon will probably give you a better value if they offer that service in Italy.. (do you actually live there or just support Juve?).

I live in Slovenia, next to the border, so it's a matter of a 15min drive to the nearest GameStop in Italy. I just read on a Juve forum that GS value Fifa 12 to be worth 10&#8364; and that they supervalue it, if you preorder Fifa 13 and bring in another <6 months old game. I might bite. Mostly because I'm too lazy to sell the games myself. Amazon is not an option.

Bendtner standing next to Denmarks coach at the bench, not sure what they are discussing and why he isn't in Italy working some fat off.

Zabojnik

Bendtner standing next to Denmarks coach at the bench, not sure what they are discussing and why he isn't in Italy working some fat off.

Yeah, that fatty fat story was from Merdaset, so I'd take it with a pinch of salt. They've been known to, you know, enhance the truth and outright lie, when it doesn't come to AC Milan.

Nicklas Bendtner &#8207;@bendtnerb52
Overvægtig? Ja det står forfærdeligt til med mig, skal minimum bruge 4-5 måneder på og komme igang;) haha

What does this mean?

Zabojnik

I'm pretty sure he was joking / responding to the bullshit story. I mean, he's obviously not the fittest player atm, but it shouldn't take that long. Not if Conte has anything to say about it.

Would be pretty great seeing him score against Arsenal, don't you think, Lightning? Just for the irony of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom