• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twix

aw2i95

Dortmund sucked though.

Seriously, it was hard as fuck. Everyone was like Ajax can't play football and expected us to win something like 3-0. We haven't achieved shit in the CL yet, Ajax was very good and it was a very important match for them, too, it's not like they accept to go out 4th. The pressure for us was extreme, it was win or CL is (almost) done already. The matches against City and Real will be different, maybe even easier for us. I mean, what can you lose at the Bernabeu?

Wow- if it wasn't for Joe Hart giving away a goal at the last minute City with a poor kompany would have held real madrid at the bernabeau. I didn't think madrid would need a huge joe hart error to win at home :0!!
Joe Hart and Madrid's poor finishing was the only thing keeping it a game at half time. Madrid should have been out of sight.

Wilbur

Banned
because is true, what a joke of a system chelsea and both manchester show in the last few years. At least arsenl try FFS

Manchester United have got to the final 3 out of the last 5 finals and won one. Chelsea have been in two finals and won one. Arsenal have been in the final. Liverpool have won and been in two finals.

In this time, Real Madrid have crashed out at the last 16 stage 8 times or so, and got to the semi finals twice.

Try harder.

faridmon

Wow- if it wasn't for Joe Hart giving away a goal at the last minute City with a poor kompany would have held real madrid at the bernabeau. I didn't think madrid would need a huge joe hart error to win at home :0!!

Well, it was sort of coming. Throughout the match, City's defense were shambles and this just the error needed to tell the true story of the night.

Manchester United have got to the final 3 out of the last 5 finals and won one. Chelsea have been in two finals and won one. Arsenal have been in the final. Liverpool have won and been in two finals.

In this time, Real Madrid have crashed out at the last 16 stage 8 times or so, and got to the semi finals twice.

Try harder.

But result based football is dead, it's all about the way you play

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
A Fantastic game of football (the last 15 minutes at least), Chelsea - Juve better step it up!

ChelseaGAF are all top lads it's going to be relatively tame here tomorrow.
Ehavb.gif

And fuck you Milan, gotta go to bed early tonight. Night fellas.

Did anyone watch PSG - Dynamo Kyiv? White Pogba had a great game, apparently.

Fake Pogba will flop on his face against bigger teams.

K1LLER7

Joe hart was pretty good IMO, defence was bad and his mistake wasn't at the level of Casillas for City's 2nd goal.

Fucking brilliant Ronnie scored, of only it was at the Etihad.

ShogunX

Think people are being a bit harsh on Hart for the last goal. A top CB like Kompany should not be ducking under a shot leaving his GK in a horrible situation. It's been the feature of top defenders since time began - Put your body on the line to block EVERYTHING. Also Zabaleta letting Ronaldo step inside is criminal.

dc89

Losing hurts full stop. But look at the positives. No one gave us a chance, we lead twice and came so close to coming away with something. But we didn't and from this the players and the manager need to learn.

You could see the reactions, Garcia flipped his shit and threw a paddy on the floor, they really wanted something from that game.

I think City can get out of this group and I think they will.

A Fantastic game of football (the last 15 minutes at least), Chelsea - Juve better step it up!

Ehavb.gif

And fuck you Milan, gotta go to bed early tonight. Night fellas.

If you beat us we won't be friends for at least till the next CL game :/

Clegg

Kompany, Silva, Barry and Maicon all had very poor games imo.

Hart and Toure were the driving force behind Citys performance.

Essien wasn't very good and neither was Khedira.

Losing hurts full stop. But look at the positives. No one gave us a chance, we lead twice and came so close to coming away with something. But we didn't and from this the players and the manager need to learn.

You could see the reactions, Garcia flipped his shit and threw a paddy on the floor, they really wanted something from that game.

This is Champions League.

You'll get used to it.

Fady K

Joe Hart and Madrid's poor finishing was the only thing keeping it a game at half time. Madrid should have been out of sight.

Good keeping alone can sometimes be so vital, and poor finishing is madrid's own fault, IMO City had chances to score on 2 more occasions tonight as well but they blew it. Sure Madrid was dominating, but City were defending pretty well with a poor Kompany. And this was at the Bernabeau. They gave *far* too much space for Marcelo's goal, and the third goal - the winner- was a horrible error. Madrid were excellent of course, but for the little that City had - poor kompany, no aguero or balotelli - is a testament to how far City can go these days IMO.

G-Unit

You got to be fucking trolling. :lol :lol :lol

Well gaf says the premiership is the best league. I believe it is in term of money, but game level? pffff... mediocre IMO, everyone is equally on the bad side.

Anyway, nice game by Madrid, too bad City couldn't finish the job.

because is true, what a joke of a system chelsea and both manchester show in the last few years. At least arsenl try FFS

European Champions bro, don't hate!

Ehavb.gif

Im hoping for a great game tomorrow, will be extremely tough to beat you and our current form isn't great! Hoping to see Mata make an appearance. Will take some photos if I can :D

Wilbur

Banned
Well gaf says the premiership is the best league. I believe it is in term of money, but game level? pffff... mediocre IMO, everyone is equally on the bad side.

... who says Premier League is the best league?

I think we all agree La Liga is a step above.

D_prOdigy

But I was saying before that City would tear Real a new one.

Your boys disappointed me, dc.

dc89

LOL got to love Mourninho.

Interviewer: do you feel sympathy for City, winning 2-1 in the Bernabeu, coming so close to winning?

Mourinho: No.

Even my GF laughed and she doesn't even know him.

Hixx

[IM]http://i3.bebo.com/037/13/large/2007/11/02/17/4957197631a6000059488l.jpg[/IMG]

[IM]http://i3.bebo.com/037/7/large/2007/11/02/17/4957197631a6000112030l.jpg[/IMG]

[IMGhttp://i3.bebo.com/037/12/large/2007/11/02/18/4957197631a6000381976l.jpg[/IMG]

[IMGhttp://i3.bebo.com/037/12/large/2007/11/02/18/4957197631a6000382105l.jpg[/IMG]

[IMGhttp://i3.bebo.com/043/11/large/2008/01/26/11/4957197631a6716798858l.jpg[/IMG]

and...

THE GIRL

[IM]http://i3.bebo.com/037/7/large/2007/11/02/17/4957197631a6000112131l.jpg[/IMG]

"Films
my favourite film has to be the jungle book its an unreal movie. Look for the bare necessities The simple bare necessities Forget about your worries and your strife I mean the bare necessities (amen) Old Mother Nature's recipes That brings the bare necessities of life"

He was 16 when he wrote this.

Meier

I still don't understand Mancini's decision to go with an attacking fullback against Ronaldo. Zaba should have started that match, no excuse. If only Zaba had been able to knock in that cross at the near post...sigh.

I think Nastasic played pretty well on the whole given the circumstances. He made a mistake on the Benzema goal but it was more to do with a nice turn -- he anticipated the wrong move. I don't know that Lescott would have done any better than him, frankly.

Can't get over how disappointing Kompany has been this season though.. that really continues to stick out like a sore thumb.

faridmon

Personally, I say the Norwegian Tippelegaen is the best league in the world, BUt again that is my personal take on things here on GAF.

La Liga Sucks. Next year, Vålerenga is gonna win the Champions league.

ShogunX

People tend to say the Premiership is the most exciting league in the world and I don't think that's too far from the truth. In terms of quality La Liga has been ahead for a few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom