• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.
iJXKWsYALZhyD.gif
Soooooooooo good!!!!
Like a boss!!

Wilbur

Banned
I prefer watching the Premier League tbh.

I can't stomach the Madrid/Barca duopoly any longer.

I think the PL is more even and enjoyable but its not a better standard of football.

"Films
my favourite film has to be the jungle book its an unreal movie. Look for the bare necessities The simple bare necessities Forget about your worries and your strife I mean the bare necessities (amen) Old Mother Nature's recipes That brings the bare necessities of life"

He was 16 when he wrote this.

I laughed so fucking hard.

Real Madrid and Barca are ahead of anyone in the PL. The rest of the league though? Not even close.

Last season, Bilbao, Valencia and Atletico were all arguably better teams than anyone but City.

Wes

venison crêpe
I thought Hart was excellent. Wasn't his fault for any of the goals. Last one he was blindsided by a ducking Belgian - and that's not a euphemism.

Moobabe

European Champions bro, don't hate!

Im hoping for a great game tomorrow, will be extremely tough to beat you and our current form isn't great! Hoping to see Mata make an appearance. Will take some photos if I can :D

They'll never take it away from us! Eat it haters.

How do you know that? Are you a wizard?

Nope, it's an opinion. There are great teams in both leagues. There are good teams in both leagues. There are not so good teams in both leagues. Overall I think the quality in the Premiership outweighs the quality in La Liga that's all.

Kyoufu

Thought that was far more Kompany's fault.

I think Hart's a very, very good goalkeeper. He isn't up there with Casillas, Buffon and Neuer but he's in the tier below that for sure.

Yeah I agree. I say "overrated" because dc3-2 spams my twitter feed with "Hart is the best in the world" every time he touches the ball.

He's not the best. He is as you say, just below that triforce.

Kompany managed to duck a dick-height ball. It solidified his shitness tonight.

Yeah he was turd.

Fergie

Banned
Explosions expected, explosions happened.

Another set of incredible matches tomorrow. Juve-Chelski probably the most anticipated.

I'll be watching together, with United.

dc89

Looking at the replay hart seemed to have been expecting kompany to at least head the ball away :/ VERY disappointing by Kompany!

City could have actually won this. That's an incredible step up dc :)

Fady - you are right. Like I said before the game no one was giving us a hope, even I wasn't. They did me proud. We can beat Madrid at home.

Wilbur

Banned
You're exaggerating a bit. I mean Bilbao finished 10th in La Liga. 10th!

And then played us off the park twice, and I think they would have done it to any team.

dc giving it the biggun on Twitter to Kermdog haha!

For the record dc... I'm celebrating you losing because you're rivals and it's glorious seeing it happen the way you won the title. Not because I think we'd beat Madrid or something of the sort.

Meier

Just got the gif to load (LOF stopped working for me and abload wasn't loading on my PC).. holy fuck, Kompany you idiot. He's bent over already and then ducks further under it?! If he stands up, there's no way he doesn't stop that with his chest. That was worse than I could have imagined.

You can't put that on Joe.

And then played us off the park twice, and I think they would have done it to any team.

I think they're a team capable of great performances but lack the consistency to be a great team. I don't think that over the course of a season that they would have done better than the top EPL teams.

dc89

dc giving it the biggun on Twitter to Kermdog haha!

For the record dc... I'm celebrating you losing because you're rivals and it's glorious seeing it happen the way you won the title. Not because I think we'd beat Madrid or something of the sort

Nope. You are looking too deep into stuff, I never insinuated this.

Turok_TTZ

and to think benzema is gonna leave real madrid in January...
oh well. really hurts to see benz score such a wonderful goal knowing that what madrid will lose when he is gone.

ATF487

I'm sure it's already been said but that second half of the City/Real Madrid game was phenomenal.

For the La Liga/Premier League debate, I think the quality of La Liga at the top is astonishing and no other league can really compete, but I'd rather follow the Premier League since it's a little more balanced.

Soi-Fong

Explosions expected, explosions happened.

Another set of incredible matches tomorrow. Juve-Chelski probably the most anticipated.

I'll be watching together, with United.

Hoping to see Juve tear Chelsea a new one. :) won't be able to catch either game though. Have classes. :(

feel

FUCK MY LIFE!!

Was watching Madrid on the TV and had a Porto stream on the monitor simultaneously, then power went out 5 minutes into the second half, and comes back after the game has ended and I come online to read that I've missed some epic shit on the Madrid game. FUCK

Still happy for Porto (seemed like a comfy win) and Ronaldo.

Wilbur

Banned
Nope. You are looking too deep into stuff, I never insinuated this.

then what does this:

they'd have got stuffed by Madrid and the fact they are celebrating our defeat says everything we need to know.

mean?

It implies that we can't laugh at City because we'd have got stuffed, and that everything you need to know - presumably about us as fans and our class, respect, etc - about us comes from the fact that we're celebrating. That all we can revel in nowadays since you've got some money is you losing because we are now, as Viva says, the division two Manchester City.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom