• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

Well get depressed again because our defence is just having a dip in form, it's not actually got worse personnel wise than last season, it's actually got better!!

Can't say the same about your midfield :(
One mans dip in form is another mans terminal decline. Lescott isn't trusted for big European games, Maicon is over the hill, Richards isn't good enough and Zabaleta is patchy. Kompany is the only proven defender in that team and he's been crap this season.

capture80rjg.png
Genius. (edit: I meant to say ingenious)

Wow, phantastk2, quality video. Thanks a lot.

Great fucking channel.
You're welcome. Maybe you can find a German proxy to make it work? :|

Yeah, never bet against Hanover :)

Hutch

Neo Member
Dat game.

You know Shelvey has been impressing me for quite a few games now. He can beat a man, knows how to use the space given to him and has a decent shot. Asaidi looks alert, and he can dribble as well. I rate he'll come good - looks to have some fight in him.

Gerrard has been dire. I honestly think a little bench warming will be good for him and the team but BR wont see it that way, he'll (correctly, I guess) that he can pull a moment of brilliance from nowhere even if he's crap the rest of the game.

Borini is intelligent off the ball, while not scoring goals his runs alone can set them up. Would love to see him in the middle with Saurez out on the right of him.

Sahin surprisingly has not impressed me so much. Hendo looks like hes working hard and its paying off. Suso got that spanish swag too...

Enrique was crap but on form hes the best LB we got. I'd like to see Johnson playing right but I think Kelly will start... BR will be worried about Valencia vs Robinson or an out of form Enrique.

Being a fan of Pool is a tough job but hey, give me a result against Man U and everything suddenly looks better and brighter. Not counting on it though.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Fuck the dirty Lazio defenders and fuck these officials.

We should be 2-0 up and had two penalties given. The lads played great today and scored two perfectly good goals against a disciplined and in form side. This felt like a CL game.

dc89

One mans dip in form is another mans terminal decline. Lescott isn't trusted for big European games, Maicon is over the hill, Richards isn't good enough and Zabaleta is patchy. Kompany is the only proven defender in that team and he's been crap this season.

You are forgetting about Mr Clichy. Who is under rated.

Such bad week for Russian teams in Europe. Zenit shamed themselves, Spartak got nothing out of a second half lead in Barca and now both Anzhi and Rubin were leading and then allowed a last minute tying goal.

Spurs missing out on Moutinho looks more ominous every time I see them play. They've got alot of dyanmic players; Dembele, Bale, Lennon, Dempsey, Gylfi...but just not enough quality in the middle to dictate the game.

Sandro and Dembele as a midfield combo doesn't quite work I don't think. Perhaps it would if Spurs had an effective #10 but I'm not sure they've got the right blend of players there.

Clegg

It is amazing and somewhat sad at how much both Milan teams have fallen off in the past few years.

AFAIK both teams are in tons of debt. Inter especially are in a lot of trouble. The team that Mourinho won the CL with were at their absolute peak and had players like Eto'o and Sneijder who were on massive money.

They don't have that team anymore though.Their players have declined through age or have been sold.

Ushojax

Spurs missing out on Moutinho looks more ominous every time I see them play. They've got alot of dyanmic players; Dembele, Bale, Lennon, Dempsey, Gylfi...but just not enough quality in the middle to dictate the game.

Sandro and Dembele as a midfield combo doesn't quite work I don't think. Perhaps it would if Spurs had an effective #10 but I'm not sure they've got the right blend of players there.

Maybe, but tonight we played against a very dogged team and even with Modric and VDV we turned in similar performances against defensive teams. We scored two good headers today which we never used to do.

I think Dembele and Sandro have lots of potential as a pairing, they simply need to play more.

Maybe, but tonight we played against a very dogged team and even with Modric and VDV we turned in similar performances against defensive teams. We scored two good headers today which we never used to do.

I think Dembele and Sandro have lots of potential as a pairing, they simply need to play more.
You might be right, we'll see I guess.

Just seems like you get the ball into the final third and then it breaks down.

Vertonghen is starting to look really good. Had a nervy first couple of games but settling in nicely now. Very good on the ball. Caulker and Naughton looked great too.

Clegg

Paolo Bandini ‏@Paolo_Bandini

Inter rescue a point, but still zero wins in seven attempts for the two Milanese clubs at San Siro since partially synthetic pitch was laid.
Thats atrocious.

ITV pundits Gordon Strachan said both goals should have been given, and then say draw was the right result. What did Lazio do apart from hit the bar?

The ref should do a Nick Clegg

Robbie Fowler bringing the common sense.

Ushojax

Monkey chants from the Lazio fans....

oprah-winfrey-what-gif.gif

The officials got those Nazis the point tonight.

dc89

I'm thinking of a Champions League City shirt. But might hold out for Europa League :p.

But... that aside. Dzeko or Javi Garcia. That is the only question remaining.

Ushojax

I see it too. Dembele, Dempsey, and Sigurdsson are all decent players, but none have the passing vision and ability to control the tempo of the game like Modric could.

I think our style will change slightly, for sure, it already has. But we have more than enough quality to beat most teams. A midfield three from:

Sandro/Parker....Dembele/Huddlestone
Sigurdsson/Dempsey

is still bang up there. Today we played a hyper defensive team and though we scored two goals, they came from set plays/crosses. That is something that rarely happened with our team of technically gifted midgets from last season, that's a good example of how our style has changed. Modric started against PAOK at WHL last season and we lost 2-1. Today we dominated possession, had Dembele and Dempsey ghosting past people and scored two goals. I didn't miss Modric one bit.

I see it too. Dembele, Dempsey, and Sigurdsson are all decent players, but none have the passing vision and ability to control the tempo of the game like Modric could.

If the issue is the ball breaking down in the final third then that's nothing to do with Dembele or Modric. It's because Defoe is generally shit outside the box. Adebayor is great at holding the ball up to bring others into play, and he hasn't really played this season. I think that's what you're seeing.

I was searching for Black Dynamite clips on youtube when I ran across the full movie.

Hilarious!

Woah, I've seen that before with German movies, but never with Hollywood releases. Is that even against the law?? Some it (e.g. Enter The Void) is 3 months old :O

Thanks? lol

(I'll still leave out the link in case you wanna edit it - like a mod warns you or something)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom