• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unbelievable defending. Possibly the best header of the ball in the league given a free run into the danger zone, without needing todo any feints, blocking or pace-changes.

Wes

venison crêpe
Last time for new page then I'll stop. 8 of us in there at the moment. Bud joined for exactly 11 seconds before leaving again.

Mibbit link if you don't have a dedicated IRC application.
Instructions on how to set up an IRC client: IRC chat setup

Gambit

wish i had Sky :( it will be one of my first purchases when i find a job (just finished Uni).

I have to say their sports coverage is great. Not the commentators, but they show exactly the right amount of close-ups, repeats, reverse-angles for me.

Quite good.

Also congrats for finishing uni. What degree, if I may ask?

fuenf

I have to say their sports coverage is great. Not the commentators, but they show exactly the right amount of close-ups, repeats, reverse-angles for me.

Quite good. Also congrats for finishing uni. What degree, if I may ask?

thanks! sure, Master of Science in business adminstration & economics (Wirtschaftswissenschaften).

yeah i already had sky (premiere) a couple years, unfortunately they terminated the contract in 2009 because the conditions were to good (22€ a month for the Bundesliga and the Sport package)

Right back at you. :)

hehe i wont complain!

Salazar

Oh right, so your position is based on zero evidence and is contaminated by the skewed opinions you already hold. So in other words, your assertion is absolutely worthless. Good to know.

Well, I wouldn't pretend or aspire to meet a judicial standard when I'm talking about football gossip. "Contamination" (my word choice, probably an over-generous one) by prejudice and preconception is sort of given, innit. I'm not judging as an elected arbiter; I'm summing up what I reckon. Potentially garbage, of course. I didn't intend to string it out.

And "skewing" is sort of intrinsic to the concept of opinions: that's what they do. You don't need me to tell you that disgust for JT and Ashley is hardly a minority or subversive view to hold.

qindarka said:
Could you give previous examples of his 'messianic complex' undermining other managers? And I don't mean speculation

Abramovich did all the knifing, seems like.

qindarka said:
Can't stand it when agendas are disguised as objective analysis.

The only objective voice in this thread is Meus.

That moment when Fellaini came up behind Britton was like a gigantic shark zooming up at a swimmer. I was afraid for the lad.

Hieberrr

A lot of teams have been playing that chasing-type of defence against Bayern this year
LLShC.gif

near

Gold Member
hehe i wont complain!

I know Hamburg haven't been playing well nor are they any good but they've got some ambition on them, and I'd like to think anyone facing Dortmund would love to get one over them. Which makes for a high tempo, and decent match. Which it has proven so far. :p

Gambit

sure, Master of Science in business adminstration & economics (Wirtschaftswissenschaften).

yeah i already had sky (premiere) a couple years, unfortunately they terminated the contract in 2009 because the conditions were to good (22€ a month for the Bundesliga and the Sport package)

We had the same package! They also wanted to terminate it, and we said "fine, go ahead". Anyway, just before it ended, they called asking us to renew. We said "ok, but we're not paying any more", so they kept it at 22€ for another (this) year.

Oh well, at least you have a useful degree. You won't be searching for a job for long.

Thanks dudes :)

Great match so far!

Oh yes, congratulations!

West Ham United: Jaaskelainen, Demel, Reid, Collins, O'Brien, Noble, Diame, Nolan, Taylor, Vaz Te, Cole
Subs: Henderson, Tomkins, Jarvis, Maiga, McCartney, Benayoun, O'Neil

Sunderland: Mignolet, Gardner, Bramble, O'Shea, Rose, Cattermole, Larsson, Colback, McClean, Sessegnon, Fletcher
Subs: Westwood, Kilgallon, Vaughan, Meyler, Campbell, Wickham, Saha

Would have liked Jarvis to start, as we missed his crosses against Norwich and he didn't have much chance to make an impact coming on in the second half. Same goes for Maiga - I'd like to see him start, because Cole never inspires much confidence.

fuenf

We had the same package! They also wanted to terminate it, and we said "fine, go ahead". Anyway, just before it ended, they called asking us to renew. We said "ok, but we're not paying any more", so they kept it at 22€ for another (this) year.

Oh well, at least you have a useful degree. You won't be searching for a job for long.

i hope so, thanks for the kind words. :)

yeah the sky package is / was perfect. unfortunately the telephone operators wouldnt even talk about renewing the old contract, it was just 'take the new deal or leave." :(

Could we just drop this? The discussion was over. No need to bring it up again.

Good. We don't need to waste our time pretending to be morally superior to professional footballers. In the end, they are pretty much harmless.

Who's pretending? I'm almost certainly morally superior to a majority of footballers.

Not Rooney though. Man's a saint.

qindarka

Banned
Who's pretending? I'm almost certainly morally superior to a majority of footballers.

Not Rooney though. Man's a saint.

Easy to say that behind your veil of anonymity and with your actions not being put into the spotlight. Not to mention the fact that most of us constantly justify our 'immoral' actions to ourselves so as to lead us to believe that we are better.

The part about Rooney makes me think you aren't being serious though so I am probably wasting my time with this post.

From twitter:

When the line up was shown on Chelsea TV it showed Oscar in the pivot with Mikel with Ramires on the right next to Mata and Hazard on left.

*Sigh* When will RDM learn. Especially based on how well Oscar played in the middle against Juve.

From twitter:

When the line up was shown on Chelsea TV it showed Oscar in the pivot with Mikel with Ramires on the right next to Mata and Hazard on left.

*Sigh* When will RDM learn. Especially based on how well Oscar played in the middle against Juve.

Ramires is not a winger! So irritating. He would play better behind the 3.

To be fair, I'm surprised Giggs doesn't get slated more.
Speaking personally, I don't slate Giggs because I can't fathom why people feel the need to whine about the misdoings of football players from teams they don't support. Such endeavors would only serve to waste my time.

I'd be a liar if I said I care about an MUFC players shagging habits.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Speaking personally, I don't slate Giggs because I can't fathom why people feel the need to whine about the misdoings of football players from teams they don't support. Such endeavors would only serve to waste my time.

I'd be a liar if I said I care about an MUFC players shagging habits.

I suppose the fact that players like Terry are involved with the national team is why people care. If Giggs were English, he'd be a joke like Terry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom