• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't suppose that conflict would be limited to the player's own selection.

There's a whole range of other tactical, administrative, disciplinary, social shit that delusional senior players at a club might expect to influence.

United's u-18's battering Newcastle.
So basically you're side of this amounts to the following. There's the part of football that we all see and can base our opinions on. In this case, the fact that JT was played regularly, had no visible or obvious problems with AVB and has since then spoke of his continued friendly relationship with the former manager. Then there's the side that none of us see or know anything about, the "whole range of other tactical, administrative, disciplinary, social shit".

So you've just decided that you're going to base your opinions on the latter, that is, the aspects of football that you know next nothing about.

Sounds like comments based on nothing more than dislike to me.

Hixx

You lot are being harsh. This is what mid-table teams are like. Look excellent for a few games, woeful for a few more... and repeat.

edit: Got to score there, Rangel.

fuenf

Neuer - Lahm - Boateng - Dante - Badstuber - Gustavo - Schweinsteiger - Robben - Kroos - Müller - Mandzukic

where's Martinez? :( why did Gustavo have to score that one goal against Stuttgart... damn it. Also what's up with Heynckes' love affair with Dante, so far he's been the weak link. I dont get it, why wont he let Badstuber play CB und Gustavo LB.

Garjon

Those last 2 minutes show why I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't finish in the Europa spots at least, they tend to switch off at times and Baines simply can't deal with it when the ball goes behind him.

Salazar

has since then spoke of his continued friendly relationship with the former manager.

Seeing as I think he lied in court, I'm not going to take his quotes for Banned Paper at face value.

Then there's the side that none of us see or know anything about, the "whole range of other tactical, administrative, disciplinary, social shit".

Well, yeah. I assume that JT's messianic complex interferes when you introduce a young, itchily controlling manager with no job security and bold new plans. Not remotely to dump all the blame on him, but he's quite a good candidate - his protestations aside.

So you've just decided that you're going to base your opinions on the latter, that is, the aspects of football that you know next nothing about.

See, here's the thing. It's an opinion. It makes no odds, really. Which is why I'm prepared to accept that it rests on arguably very tenuous supposition, and I'm wholly prepared to accept (and have not denied) that it is contaminated by my loathing for Terry and Cole.

Sounds like comments based on nothing more than dislike to me.

I'm fine with it being described as stale insinuation, and to drop it.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Those last 2 minutes show why I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't finish in the Europa spots at least, they tend to switch off at times and Baines simply can't deal with it when the ball goes behind him.

Pienaar was terrible at defending on the left.

spidye

Neuer - Lahm - Boateng - Dante - Badstuber - Gustavo - Schweinsteiger - Robben - Kroos - Müller - Mandzukic

where's Martinez? :( why did Gustavo have to score that one goal against Stuttgart... damn it. Also what's up with Heynckes' love affair with Dante, so far he's been the weak link. I dont get it, why wont he let Badstuber play CB und Gustavo LB.

I have to disagree here. besides that stupid mistake last week dante has been by far the best defender this year, IMO.

as for gustavo, I think he deserved the spot. he has been constantly our best defensive midfielder in the last six games when he played.
Martinez will probably play on wednesday

qindarka

Banned
Seeing as I think he lied in court, I'm not going to take his quotes for Banned Paper at face value.

You think. You think. In this case, what you think is utterly irrelevant.

Well, yeah. I assume that JT's messianic complex interferes when you introduce a young, itchily controlling manager with no job security and bold new plans.

Could you give previous examples of his 'messianic complex' undermining other managers? And I don't mean speculation

See, here's the thing. It's an opinion. It makes no odds, really. Which is why I'm prepared to accept that it rests on arguably very tenuous supposition, and I'm wholly prepared to accept (and have not denied) that it is contaminated by my loathing for Terry and Cole.

I'm fine with it being described as stale insinuation.

Thank you for at least admitting it. Can't stand it when agendas are disguised as objective analysis.

qindarka

Banned
Was expecting much more from Salazar there. Took the easy way out.

Nah, no real point carrying on the discussion, really. Not like either of us are going to convince each other. Discussions about Terry tend to get really ugly in any case.

Let's move on to more interesting topics like how Chelsea will lose at home against Stoke later today.

fuenf

I have to disagree here. besides that stupid mistake last week dante has been by far the best defender this year, IMO.

as for gustavo, I think he deserved the spot. he has been constantly our best defensive midfielder in the last six games when he played.
Martinez will probably play on wednesday

that's Boateng imo. Dante did a serviceable job but nothing spectacular.

Wes

venison crêpe
Mibbit link if you don't have a dedicated IRC application.
Instructions on how to set up an IRC client: IRC chat setup

Guys, if no one responds for the two minutes you;re in there. Don't leave. A lot of us in there are either AFK at that moment in time or haven't checked the application.

The regulars see a lot of people pop in for 30 seconds then when they don't get an immediate response just leave! Just hang around.

Well, yeah. I assume that JT's messianic complex interferes when you introduce a young, itchily controlling manager with no job security and bold new plans. Not remotely to dump all the blame on him, but he's quite a good candidate - his protestations aside.

I'm fine with it being described as stale insinuation, and to drop it.
Oh right, so your position is based on zero evidence and is contaminated by the skewed opinions you already hold. So in other words, your assertion is absolutely worthless. Good to know.

It would perhaps be easier to tell you were just talking nonsense based on personal feelings though if every post wasn't overstated and dressed up in grand language.

Linius

The new album from The Killers is pretty bad imo.

Every album since Hot Fuss has been worse than its predecessor.

I don't even bother checking it to be honest. Listening to the new album from The Soft Pack at this moment, like it.

Shields from Grizzly Bear is my favourite this year so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom