• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've been shit. Why is Luiz taking a free-kick? Give it to Mata and get him to chip it in if its too far too shoot. The long shots by Luiz/Cole are just ridiculous, Torres looked lively at the start, missed the chance and then did fuck all after.

We need to be more clinical, but we also don't produce much, one chance for Torres and nothing else is not good enough. People miss chances but when no-ones making anything you won't score.

I think we should give Oscar until about 55 then take him off for Moses and save him for the Wolves game (where both should play with Bertrand on the left if Marin can't play) then put Mata central.

Empty

chelsea need to get wide more, they're playing into stoke's hands by always looking to go inside and allowing them to quash space in the middle. they might grab one on the counter though given the talent of hazard, mata etc. stoke are dangerous when they get towards the chelsea box and had the better chances but need to stop giving the ball away so easily.

I'm convinced there's some kind if bonus for assists today. There has to be. No one wants to shoot!!! Ugh

Except Luiz and Ashley Cole!

No-ones putting any thought into our moves, when Ivanovic won a corner at the end of the first half when he got through he should have squared it to Torres.

Luiz makes a decent run into space and then... shoots ridiculously. Width isn't even an issue, we have people getting the ball outwide getting to the edge of the box and trying to put it in there but rather than all this passing why not chip it in? Torres is 6ft ffs, im sure he can try a header.

deroli

We're playing hara-kiri :( It's very entertaining, but our defense looks miserable today. Perisic as a defensive midfielder - now I've seen everything.

In this thread there are some days where it's like:

KROOS IS AWESOME MANNNN

And then others where it's like:

Kroos is a pussy, not good enough.

Salazar

Stoke more than capable of getting a win, so far.

Chelsea should eventually bury a chance, but fuck, they're making hard work of it.

ieaQ2D4gjukWH.gif

PowderedToast

just caught up with being liverpool.

cheesy PR, but there was some nice insight.

b-rod is getting a lot of stick for being an philosophical egomaniac but i thought he came across fine. you must have confidence in your talent to be a successful manager, it takes a lot of self-belief to make constant high-impact decisions. it's only when you don't have the humility to admit mistakes that you become arrogant.

faridmon

Really funny to read all the bitter teras about us winning during the game.

Anyways, this is what happens when Neville don't play in the middle. We tend to control the game and actually connect some passes together. On the other hand, the defence is still unfocused and tend to slip by chances ratyher easily and we need to fix this. We can not be top 6 club with that kind of defence.

We really need Gibson ASAP.

Great win, but we could have scored 3-4 goals more.

I think he's brilliant, whenever I've posted here about him I've said good things.

Just towards the end of last season I remember alot of the Bayern/Germany fans slating him.

You probably remember it from the Euros, where he kind of made out to be a douche. Again, 22 years old.

He's has a ton of individual talent, but his awareness and positioning is lightyears behind Muller and Ozil who plays the same role.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom