• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soi-Fong

Stoke is getting possession but what the hell are they doing just hoofing the ball.. Jesus..
They've been doing pretty well so far though.

Hieberrr

Muller looks more and more like James Dean with every passing week
KuGsj.gif

faridmon

Watching Dortmund - Hamburg game. Man, Dortmund is terrible when they are under counter but Hambur aren't playing good with counters and sit deep for most of the time. I can see this game ending 3-3.

I'm okay with this. All the HSV goals were fuck ups on our part and the third one (maybe) offside. Also we missed a few sitters.

I'm not okay with German refs, though. 3 minutes extra time was a joke. 4 goals, HSV players with "injuries" and Rudnevs alone taking like a minute for his substitution. In other leagues we'd be talking about 5 minutes or more. Too bad German refs are scared of awesome extra time chaos. 4 minutes is like the most you'll ever see in Germany, and that's only if some player is seriously injured for like 5 minutes lol

Why such "low" expectations after back to back titles?
Well, I'm fine with everything as long as we reach the CL (for the dough). Bayern bought like what, 5 or so players who'd be starting for most other BL teams on top of their own. So I didn't really expect any post-Euro effect or so.
While we lost one of our leading players (Kagawa-kun desu). Same thing happened with Sahin last season, the substitute (Gündogan) needed some 6 months to adapt. Same seems to be true for Reus.
We lost 3 out of the first 6 games last season so I basically just waited for us to lose this time around too.
Hamburg played fairly well (unexpectedly so) while we made huge mistakes so the loss is only fair.

if it's any consolation:

qWYUs.png
Sure. More so because they're our main competitors for 2-3.

/edit

I'm okay with this. All the HSV goals were fuck ups on our part and the third one (maybe) offside. Also we missed a few sitters.

I'm not okay with German refs, though. 3 minutes extra time was a joke. 4 goals, HSV players with "injuries" and Rudnevs alone taking like a minute for his substitution. In other leagues we'd be talking about 5 minutes or more. Too bad German refs are scared of awesome extra time chaos. 4 minutes is like the most you'll ever see in Germany, and that's only if some player is seriously injured for like 5 minutes lol
yeah, I also wish we had Fergie-time, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom