• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
untitled-4yjif5.gif

Should have been a red.

What an absurd tackle.

Chelsea scored a good goal today but Stoke looked effective. They played very differently to what I was expecting.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
My BTTS Bet today:

Wigan v Fulham
Leeds v Nottingham Forest
Sheffield Wednesday v Bolton
Millwall v Brighton
Derby v Burnley

KONE.A 2012 90th minute fucking squeaky bum time right there. £70, good earnings.

Ushojax

It's funny, all game I was thinking Shawcross was going to try and snap Oscar's legs off but in the end Luiz tried to do it to Walters.

Soi-Fong

What an absurd tackle.

Chelsea scored a good goal today but Stoke looked effective. They played very differently to what I was expecting.

Actually tried passing the ball a few times, was just unlucky really today.
Ramires was lucky to not get yellow while Luiz was lucky to get away with a yellow.

Stoke did well in containing overall Oscar and Hazard covering most of the passing lanes in the plays that Chelsea had.

Just wish Stoke had players who could cross better.

Sloane

Banned
It's either Bayern or us. Bayern was also very good last season but our second half of the season was just too incredible. I don't expect something similiar again. But it's been just 4 matches, if Bayern has some streak of bad matches, we'll be there. If they don't have, well, they spent like 70m and we spent almost nothing if you consider the money we got from Kagawa and Barrios.
Schalke will definitely have a shot at second place, Hannover won't be far behind either, maybe a surprise team too. Dortmund will have to fight for a CL spot.

Sure, the beginning of a season doesn't mean that much but the preseason was pretty bad too compared to last year and the defenders look awful at times. Maybe the offense will improve once Reus knows what he's doing but I think the players lack the motivation this year to make up for defensive mistakes by running like crazy after every ball.

Another crap performance from us today. We need something to kick us back off again, ultimately I think its a hangover from the Athletico trouncing that has caused it and conceding a 2 goal lead against Juve didn't help.

We have a decent chance against Wolves to put forward a decent team. We need to give Azpilicueta, Moses, Bertrand, Romeu starts. Torres should start up front because if Sturridge couldn't play today then I wouldn't risk him, Torres isn't exactly going to need a rest after todays game anyway.

elsk

Banned
Oh come on, stop it. That's the same shit we've heard last year. "Not enough motivation", "one season wonder" and so on.

It's either Bayern or us. Bayern was also very good last season but our second half of the season was just too incredible. I don't expect something similiar again. But it's been just 4 matches, if Bayern has some streak of bad matches, we'll be there. If they don't have, well, they spent like 70m and we spent almost nothing if you consider the money we got from Kagawa and Barrios.

More like Bayern being terrible in the second half of the season.

Dortmund spent 25.650.000 € on players.
Bayern 70.300.000 €, but 40M just for Javi Martínez.

Undeserved victory overall for Chelsea. Stoke deserved a tie from this game especially it being a home game for Chelsea.
Not this shit again.

Very tough win today, Stoke made it hard for us as you'd expect. Happy not to have dropped points. Think going forward we play some really nice stuff, it's just a matter of getting it all to click together now.

Hixx

I'm of the opinion that an away point is a good point. But 4 pts from 4 games looks bad. 3 pts from 3 away games looks ok. 1 pt from 1 home game is irrelevant.

Wigan (h), City (a), Mags (h)... got to pick up MINIMUM of 4 points there or its a rancid start.

xintin

Luiz was lucky to gt off with a yellow, but i'll never have sympathy for Stoke players complaining about a bad tackle.
Hopefully I can catch a full replay later, sounds like Stoke played very differently from what I've read in here.

Edit - I did get to see Everton/Swansea in class though. I really hope Everton are this year's Newcastle.

Sloane

Banned
More like Bayern being terrible in the second half of the season.

Dortmund spent 25.650.000 € on players.
Bayern 70.300.000 €, but 40M just for Javi Martínez.
Wrong. Dortmund played the best second half and the best season overall in history, and they actually spent almost nothing if count in the sales of Kagawa and Barrios.

Not this shit again.

Very tough win today, Stoke made it hard for us as you'd expect. Happy not to have dropped points. Think going forward we play some really nice stuff, it's just a matter of getting it all to click together now.

Moses has been very good today and against QPR. Perhaps we should consider starting him on the right and dropping Oscar back with Mikel?

elsk

Banned
Wrong. Dortmund played the best second half and season overall in history, and they actually spent almost nothing if count in the sales of Kagawa and Barrios.

Of course, but if Bayern wouldn't have been terrible we should've won the league anyways.
They still spent that amount of money.

Ushojax

Luiz was lucky to gt off with a yellow, but i'll never have sympathy for Stoke players complaining about a bad tackle.

Hopefully I can catch a full replay later, sounds like Stoke played very differently from what I've read in here.

Yep, if Adam had a brain cell Stoke could have got into some certain scoring positions. Ultimately the subs took Stoke's edge away, taking Crouch off was a mistake. Owen got 20 minutes but did fuck all.

Wow that Muller goal is absolute class. Awesome.

Only saw the second half from Chelsea but they looked pretty sluggish. Didn't really create any clear chances other than the other they eventually took. Torres isn't even in central positions, he always seems to float off somewhere else.

That's a good win though. I think any win after CL games, especially a tough one like Chelsea had against Juventus, are very important.

Won't be surprised if Arsenal turn Chelsea over though. You'd expect Arsenal to use the ball better, Stoke got in some really good positions today but were just awful with the execution.

Soi-Fong

Not this shit again.

You can't say that Stoke didn't deserve a tie off this game. They contained you guys well while also giving you guys limited space and Stoke had some pretty good chances of their own.

I'm not saying Stoke deserved a win, but at most a tie would have been fairer.

Stoke did well in marking Oscar and Hazard.

Hell, Torres was doing horribly and it had to be a FB charging in forward to cover for your striker's complete incompetence.

deroli

My tv schedule for the weekend...
...when Dortmund wins: the match itself, Sportschau, Sportstudio, Doppelpass, maybe even Bundesliga Pur.
...when Dortmund loses: only the match.

:'(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom