• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Siena with another goal, at least Inter are also shit, but Serse Cosmi pisses me off too.

I hope I live to see Zamparini taking over as manager. How amazing would that be?

Would be like the old pope. Waking up every now and then to say some nonsense and otherwise just sitting on the bench drooling half asleep.

yella

A draw would have been a fair result in that game; a Liverpool win justified. We have so much work to do if we truly are to be considered title contenders.

If Fellaini really is available this January, we should try our hardest to get him.

Tc91

Regarding Kagawa, Fergie still has no effing idea how to use him. When he's on the ball just outside the penalty area, he has no one to pass it it to.

That's cause RVP decides to drift out onto the left wing every time we attack for some strange reason.

I so want us to sign Honda in January. Undervalued and a great player. Wants out of Russia too. He'd be a great striker or attacking midfielder for Liverpool.

Also. Some eijits at the game apparently started up the chanting again when the cameras went off. United fans I'm sure condemn all of their actions. Especially today.

Whatever happens, I just hope Cazorla finishes the game fit. I am mored scared of him getting injured than I am losing a game

That's cause RVP decides to drift out onto the left wing every time we attack for some strange reason.

He was a winger when we bought him. I think he even said centre forward isn't his natural position

There is nothing wrong with our squad and we don't need to sign a CM. Not yet at least. We need to give Clevery, Anderson and maybe even Powell a good run in the first team before we decide whether to open the cheque book or not.

As it stands, we need to stop starting players like Carrick, Giggs and even Scholes in our midfield. Evra needs to drop asap though the fact that he hasn't been dropped despite being consistently terrible for two seasons now suggests that he will likely not be dropped anytime in the near future.

There's nothing wrong with playing 1 of those guys, but anymore than that and it's a pretty dull and uncreative centre to the side. Not really that good defensively either. Then alongside them you have your wingers - Nani has 5 good games a year, while Valencia looks genuine quality but seems to pick up injuries.

You need to ask Chelsea if you can borrow one of their 3 #10s.

Splatt

I so want us to sign Honda in January. Undervalued and a great player. Wants out of Russia too. He'd be a great striker or attacking midfielder for Liverpool.

I think he has quite a bit of years left on his contract. He'd probably cost an arm and a leg. Not that I don't want to see him in PL.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
183265_10152128266795455_61813995_n.jpg

I predict celebrity deaths.

I think he has quite a bit of years left on his contract. He'd probably cost an arm and a leg. Not that I don't want to see him in PL.

He doesn't have that many left. 2 I think once January rolls around, he won't sign a new contract with CSKA either as he's said he wants to leave Russia. His wages might be high, but would be offset by his superstar status in Asia.

Soi-Fong

Which is odd really. If Kagawa is meant as our "striker" that doesn't really help since no one in our midfield has the vision (except Scholes) to pass to space in front of him.

RVP should be staying up front and leave wingers on the wing.

ElyrionX

It's not far from how it is so far. The team doesn't have enough trust on Kagawa yet.

Really? Despite being a consistent player in our starting lineup? Despite being rested after coming back from internationals just so he can be fielded for our first CL game of the season?

longdi

Banned
You seriously believe this? And your rationale for believing so is that both of them are Asian?

yes. kagawa does not have enough quality to be a regular starting 11 for manu. seems ok 7/10 squad player but +1 for good shirt selling potential, hence he will get more games than his skills would allow.

Splatt

He doesn't have that many left. 2 I think once January rolls around, he won't sign a new contract with CSKA either as he's said he wants to leave Russia. His wages might be high, but would be offset by his superstar status in Asia.

Don't know why I thought he had 3+ years. I loved his freekicks at WC, true master.

Think of which team he came from, how long he was there, who he's played alongside and what style of football they play. It's hardly a strange anomaly. He needs to adapt to a new team and their patterns, if he can. You'd think Fergie would have known this, but then he spent mega bucks on Berbatov and didn't seem to consider his style of player either.

Kyoufu

Yeah but unlike Torres Cisse has already shown he can score plenty of goals in a Newcastle shirt! Torres still hasn't had a real consistent goal scoring spell.

Whatever man I'm pissed. We should be 2 up now.

Cisse's penalty in pre-season sucked balls too. He doesn't know how to score a goal when he has to think.

ElyrionX

There's nothing wrong with playing 1 of those guys, but anymore than that and it's a pretty dull and uncreative centre to the side. Not really that good defensively either. Then alongside them you have your wingers - Nani has 5 good games a year, while Valencia looks genuine quality but seems to pick up injuries.

You need to ask Chelsea if you can borrow one of their 3 #10s.

Nothing wrong with fielding one of them but what's the point? Why not be forward-looking and field our young players so that they can be groomed and shaped into the future of the team? Isn't that how we started dominating in the late 90s? By throwing out a few of our most experienced players so the youth have space to grow?

Yeah but unlike Torres Cisse has already shown he can score plenty of goals in a Newcastle shirt! Torres still hasn't had a real consistent goal scoring spell.

I wondered before the season if Cisse would be a 'patches' player, as he hadn't had enough time at Newcastle to show how he'd react to going a few games without scoring. Early signs aren't exactly promising. Loan him to us

PaulLFC

Couldn't have played any better than we did up until the sending off - that was the turning point which didn't have to be if the officiating was consistent. Evans should have been off as well, his challenge was in my view even worse than Shelvey's because it was two footed. Did he even get a booking for it? I don't think he did. Then there's the penalty... the less said about that the better, absolute joke of a decision. Valencia was practically on the floor before he even made contact with Johnson, and even then there was hardly enough to warrant a penalty.

If we add that to Reina nearly-but-not-quite saving the penalty and the two serious injuries to Kelly and Agger, I'm struggling to see how things could have gone worse today.

Nothing wrong with fielding one of them but what's the point? Why not be forward-looking and field our young players so that they can be groomed and shaped into the future of the team? Isn't that how we started dominating in the late 90s? By throwing out a few of our most experienced players so the youth have space to grow?

Well that and the money spent on:

Schmichael
Keane
Cantona
Kanchelskis
David May
Andy Cole
Dwight Yorke
Teddy Sheringham
Berg
etc

Soi-Fong

yes. kagawa does not have enough quality to be a regular starting 11 for manu. seems ok 7/10 squad player but +1 for good shirt selling potential, hence he will get more games than his skills would allow.

Ok this is just completely wrong. Kagawa has been one of our best players this season and I'd garner that him along with RVP is the reason were doing "well" in the table.

The rest of the team just have to keep up with them. It's hard not to see the qualities and class he has and your rant about shirt selling potential is just complete shit.

Tc91

Think of which team he came from, how long he was there, who he's played alongside and what style of football they play. It's hardly a strange anomaly. He needs to adapt to a new team and their patterns, if he can. You'd think Fergie would have known this, but then he spent mega bucks on Berbatov and didn't seem to consider his style of player either.

I understand where you're coming from but seeing how many times RVP would score for Arsenal last season from either chipped balls or through balls from Song, you'd think he'd try it at United.

Need to get Rooney back to start the RVP - Rooney - Shinji link up play.

Do you guys think it was a penalty on Valencia? Seemed like he went flying from very little contact, but Johnson did seem to be fouling him.

I think he felt the contact and went down as he realised the angle became too narrow for him to shoot. There was definite contact, no more than the foul on Suarez in the other end. Valencia just didnt throw himself on the ground. I think it was a pen personally though

PaulLFC

Do you guys think it was a penalty on Valencia? Seemed like he went flying from very little contact, but Johnson did seem to be fouling him.
Never a penalty. He was going down before there was even contact - he dived as far as I'm concerned. Some might call it "anticipating the challenge" but I don't care, in my opinion if you make it look like you've been fouled before there's contact, which Valencia did, then you dived. It wasn't a penalty.

I understand where you're coming from but seeing how many times RVP would score for Arsenal last season from either chipped balls or through balls from Song, you'd think he'd try it at United.

Need to get Rooney back to start the RVP - Rooney - Shinji link up play.

Most of his moves started from the left with Arsenal too. The biggest concern Man U should have over RVP is if he can have another injury free season or not.
As for Rooney, not his biggest fan and think he peaked several years a go and has been on a decline since. If he a striker or a #10 now? Seems to drop deeper and deeper into midfield with each game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom