• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.

D_prOdigy

Rodwell on for Sinclair so that means Yaya is gonna be pushed upfield.

Why does Mancini do that? Just start him more upfield instead of wasting a sub.

You know, with that Sky skit about Mancini being really superstitious, I seriously wonder if it's because it worked once and he just sees it as a 'lucky' change.

Meier

Rodwell on for Sinclair so that means Yaya is gonna be pushed upfield.

Why does Mancini do that? Just start him more upfield instead of wasting a sub.

I think in part since we're up 1-0. More defensive players on the pitch now.

Edit: Ugh.. gotta cross it there Kun. Should have been a goal or at least a much better chance for one.

Clegg

From BeardedGenius:

The moment Shelvey realized he'd been sent off.

c5lofrt

I cant see us scoring without making a change. The momentum has swung to their side, and they've added another central midfielder. We need to score soon to win this

I'm gonna say something that will make you crease, but that I honestly believe.

We could have done with having Bendtner in the squad between Carroll's departure and January

Feorax

We could have done with having Bendtner in the squad between Carroll's departure and January

We should have kept one of Maxi, Bellamy or Kuyt. Having 1 of those 3 would have helped us immensley.

How many times has Diaby been caught lately? He beats a man, and then another man, and then wants to beat another three before making the simple pass. He's always done this and it annoys me greatly.

Arnie

:lol

And straightforwardly obstruct them.

We are stupidly vulnerable to those, as Viva mentioned, though.

In fairness, you are developing a reputation for being pernickity over contact. Barely a game goes by without you feeling unjustly barged around the field. It's a corner, tussling happens, that nobody other than you has picked up on these 'straightforward obstructions' leads me to believe you're hamming it up.

Shinji looked intimidated in general.

Feorax

Though, to be fair, they did feck all last year.

True, but they were in a horrible 4-4-2 system that didn't suit them.

They were hardly world beaters, but they had experience, could score goals, and give us competent cover in areas we are so very weak in now.

Meier

Wow, Podolski should have got a yellow. Vicious with his studs.

People were calling out valencia on the 'dive" a while ago so why are people now going supporting Aguero to dive?

Just a bit of kidding because it was reminiscent of his winner versus QPR last year where he was fouled as well. He continues his run so he doesn't get a penalty called far too often. Doesn't mean he wasn't fouled because he doesn't go down immediately.

Salazar

We could do with someone else making selection decisions.

I'm often prepared to defer to the wisdom of SAF and the coaches and the medical team.

But 3 CMs on the bench, each with something relatively interesting to offer (even Ando), and you put an ageing winger in there: what the fuck.

And Nani's attitude is just gone. I'm prepared to accept that he just doesn't want to play for us. Which is a shame, but his game has gone mortifyingly flat.

'straightforward obstructions' leads me to believe you're hamming it up.

Agger was making damned sure nobody got across laterally to close Gerrard. Unlikely anybody would have actually got to block it, but it occurred; the commentator remarked on it. It wasn't clever distraction - the fecker was getting in the way.

Hmm. Hate to say it but we may need Walcott on. But we need players who can keep the ball and contribute to the passing, so Ox may be a candidate. But Theo's pace...either way, I think we need a change

Soi-Fong

We could do with someone else making selection decisions.

I'm often prepared to defer to the wisdom of SAF and the coaches and the medical team.

But 3 CMs on the bench, each with something relatively interesting to offer (even Ando), and you put an ageing winger in there: what the fuck.

And Nani's attitude is just gone. I'm prepared to accept that he just doesn't want to play for us. Which is a shame, but his game has gone mortifyingly flat.

Who do we have to replace Nani though? I mean we can try pushing Rooney on the left and keep Kagawa and RVP in the middle and try to see how that turns out.

jtb

Banned
Hmm. Hate to say it but we may need Walcott on. But we need players who can keep the ball and contribute to the passing, so Ox may be a candidate. But Theo's pace...either way, I think we need a change

We need Giroud, imo. Need that aerial threat in the box because Gervinho is useless against a team that's now sitting deep and letting us pass it around.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
FUCK YES

DAT CAULKER ASSIST

Seriously though, until we win at home these performance in the league will continue. Too many retards in the stands have turned on the team after 3 games.

Which PL teams have no football-GAF regulars?

I can think of:

Fulham
QPR
Reading (imma doesn't post enough)
Stoke (that one guy's disappeared)
Swansea
West Brom
West Ham
Wigan

There was a Swan posting yesterday I think, not sure if s/he's a regular

Status
Not open for further replies.