• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoufu

Pshh, only a fan of a Belgian-less team would say such things.

Vertonghen was godly today. The tackle on Hoilett was reminiscent of King v Robben.

I was actually complimenting Belgians. They are overpowered right now and I wish we had at least one in the team. :(

faridmon

I thought both supporters (Man United and Liverpool) have been top today and the atmosphere was great at Anfield. And considering how boring the game was during the first half, I give it a major thumbs up.

Ferguson and Rodgers have tried to calm the situation before the match. Suarez and Evra have ended the stupid debate about handshake, but there is always minorities who just shits on people and make joke on people who who are trying to do something good.

Soi-Fong

Getting somewhere that the "Never your fault" chants are about always blaming the ref, bad luck, and even the Suarez case and Liverpool never actually acknowledging that they just don't play well from time to time.

Obviously, that shouldn't count for today because Liverpool played well.

faridmon

How the hell did Hannover manage to lose against Hoffenheim? Whatever, good for us.

Sometimes I hate how inconsistent Hannover can be. A great win over Bremen and they pull this shit.

I wonder if Moa played at all. He doesn't play enough :(

EDIT: he came on in the 84th min. Hannover, if you want to win games, don't pull shits like benching him.

Getting somewhere that the "Never your fault" chants are about always blaming the ref, bad luck, and even the Suarez case and Liverpool never actually acknowledging that they just don't play well from time to time.

Obviously, that shouldn't count for today because Liverpool played well.

Sounds like a bad excuse to me tbh. Even if it isn't, its incredibly poorly-timed

WJD

Some are saying the chants arent related to the 96, that they are new. If they wanted to sing these songs, why wouldn't they have done it at the start of the game when the balloons were released or something?

Murderers has been around since Heysel and Always the Victims since the Suarez/Evra affair. Doesn't justify them, but still.

Empty

Getting somewhere that the Never your fault chants are about always blaming the ref, bad luck, and even the Suarez case and Liverpool never actually acknowledging that they just don't play well from time to time.

it's certainly true that many people mean them that way, but it's hard to avoid the connotations and given the prominence of the hillsborough tragedy in people's mind at the moment singing it is indefensible.

'murderers' is unambiguously vile anyway.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
"SHAMED. LIKE IN A BUKKAKE" has to be the next OT's title.
c2EEb.gif

lol at Bilbao's keeper, he's been watching Valdes one too many times.
Is Llorente playing?

Soi-Fong

it's certainly true that many people mean them that way, but it's hard to avoid the connotations and given the prominence of the hillsborough tragedy in people's mind at the moment singing it is indefensible.

'murderers' is unambiguously vile anyway.

I never said it was justified and it shouldn't be said anyway.

Kyoufu

I'd had a shower 10 minutes earlier and didn't put a towel or a mat on the ground, didn't have the fan on. Slippy floor. Still wearing the corset if you want to give me sympathy.

I hate that. Need a carpet in there or something lol.

So you broke your back? Damn... are you recovering now or what? Physio etc?

Fady K

Some important clarification to be made below, especially for the ManU fans, so give it a read if u r one of them.

Happy Birthday Fady!

Thank you yella!

Happy Birthday Fady

Thank you kindly Operon!

oh yeah, almost forgot. Happy bday fady :)

Thank u kindly Splatt, much appreciated bro :)

Gosh, what an egoist.

I would love to skim through allll of the footy thread. It really is very entertaining! Problem is I barely get time to see it all (it takes so many hours!!) hence the least I can do is respond to those who say something to me.

Fady did not reply to my happy birthday message, for I did not write Fady in it.

It hurts

I didn't find your post, so sorry bro! Thank u for your kind message, may u have a lovely day :)

Happy slightly belated Birthday Fady

Thank u very much Garjon, kind of you!

Some say it's Fady, we will never know for sure.
I am not that poster on twitter :p I sure do wonder who it is though! I thought it was Wilbury! Hope u r back from ur ban soon mate :/
Who do I support tonight?!
Obviously Galatasaray (spelling?) but then do I support Juventus (Yurt) or Chelsea (Fady) as both are nice to me! :D
Kind of you to say so DC :] I feel the same when City play, you’re such a nice guy that it adds to seeing them win. Juve are so classy as well. One of the teams I respect the most in the football world.
Yes bro (what's up Shogun?)

I lied, it's not my birthday today.

March 2nd. Pisces 4 eva.
Won’t forget your bday now, that’s my stepdads bday!
It's my birthday. I had cake. ^_^
Happy bday Mumei :D!!!!
Fady has been on fire today.

#teamfady
Haha it seems my twitter rant made its way (very partially) to footy gaf. More on that below.
hZ16t.png

Shots fired, by a friendly NPC.

Go on ye boy ye!

Great thing about Fady is he says what he see's. And I saw United cheat, so yeah..

Just read through the thread from Liv/United second half.

DELICIOUS.

My favourite are confuziz and Messi who just hate United so much you can sense it in every post. It's wonderful. Horrible when we lose, just beautiful when we win - especially when it's a jammy win like today.

Fady's tweet is absolute bullshit and if it wasn't Fady who we know is so lovely I'd actually be a bit annoyed cos it's suggesting something which isn't very nice - anyway.

Indeed.

I'm quite sure Fady is just messing about though.

I expect much better from Fady. Unless he's joking, in which case well done.

I refuse to believe Fady said that.

Yeah, that post by Fady is off. I also don't get this accusation of cheating when no decision ever goes in United's way at Anfield in the past.

Based off the performance today, Liverpool deserved to win, but as a certain Chelsea fan stated here, the game is based off goals.

Kagawa's chest assist was superb for Rafael. Just really wish Rafael would step up in his defensive abilities.

I agree.

Just to be clear. I'm talking with respect to FadyK's tweet. He was joking though so no need to ponder on it - but the suggestion was MUFC players cheating was disrespecting the 96.
Ok guys I quoted all of you as it was about my many extremely anti-United tweets today and here’s the deal. I’ll try to keep it short.

I am awfully tired and sleepy today, very sick as well, and I am not in the best of moods. I watched the game and despite the fact that I am no United fan in the first place, I was very disappointed FOR LIVERPOOL. It actually bothered me that on this day, a special day for the Liverpool Football Club especially, they lose in this manner. I am of the opinion that Shelvey’s red was far too harsh (either he gets a yellow or he takes Evans with him) and I would be furious to lose a game that I played SO WELL IN (in my opinion 10 men Liverpool were far more impressive than 11 men United) due to a blatant dive. Yes, my football clubs have divers at times (Messi, Sturridge, Ivanovic to name a few) but I don’t care, I like justice no matter what the club. And that dive by Valencia is the reason why Liverpool did not even earn one point today – which IMO is the LEAST that they deserve. Seriously, this is football (bloody hell and all, *whatever*), but still, from a Chelsea/Barca fan, my heart goes out to all the Liverpool fans who were absolutely robbed today.

THAT is how I really feel. All the rants are just senseless banter (my heart can never hate like this, especially upon re-reading my tweets) that are inspired by many of the posters here (you know who you guys are, no need to mention names) that are far too bitter. FAR too bitter. (I’m talking about all fans, my clubs included).

So for all the ManU fans who lost respect for me as I am known to be a really nice guy, sorry if it all rubbed you the wrong way, it was just me being silly (outside of the disgraceful cheating of course, and the undeserved red for shelvey). So yes, outside of those two points I was just messing about. Having said that, of course the cheating by one Man United player specifically does not mean he disrespects the victims of the Hillsborough incident, but it is not nice. I don’t care if it was a Chelsea/Barca player either. (I hated it when Ivanovic dived yesterday. Horrible of him). I hope to see more of this kind of shit punished because it ruined the game today.

Yen

I hate that. Need a carpet in there or something lol.

So you broke your back? Damn... are you recovering now or what? Physio etc?

Just wearing a corset for another month. It happened two months ago. Reason the break was so bad for something so innocuous was because I broke my back beforehand and never realised. I think I broke my coccyx about 6 months ago, could've been that.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Lol, there is that question, but its given.

I really don't like how inconsistent Bundesliga is this year. I hate inconsistencies. Eintracht Frankfurt in second place. WTF?

I really don't like this at all.

That's why it's so entertaining actually.

Kyoufu

Just wearing a corset for another month. It happened two months ago. Reason the break was so bad for something so innocuous was because I broke my back beforehand and never realised. I think I broke my coccyx about 6 months ago, could've been that.

How does that happen and you don't realise? o_O

Fady K

Sorry Fady, but if you tweeted that tweet, then I am sort of disappointed. the referee was wank, but cheating is bit too far. Teams do that all the time and if Man U is singled out then its just pure envy and hate.

I don't like Man U, but Liverpool (and other people who hate Man U) have to move on since we all get screwed from time to time.

Don't get me wrong Farid, there is a lot of cheating from many clubs. I don't like any of it, even when my clubs do it. I like to win cleanly. I consider a blatant dive cheating - and it was that dive that led to ManU getting three points. BTW I explained in further detail above, give it a read if you're free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom