• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feorax

Watching England U21's. Whilst I rate them both, I do think Henderson is a better CM than Shelvey. I'm surprised at how little chance he's had under Rodgers so far.

Woah. Mine (IIRC):
- 85kg squats
- 100kg bench press

I never managed to do deadlifts with significant weight, I mostly did it with machines. I was 20y back then :( good times.

Nice one, elsk. You must have some nice titays, hehe
Normally ppl. can only go dl>squat>bench in terms of weight (excl. the dumb "beach bodybuilders" who don't train their legs at all..)

As for dead lifts, a lot of it comes down to gripping power. Most ppl. are hindered either by that (and its slower accumulation/growth) or can't find their proper form and end up injuring their lower backs/knees/etc.
Ppl. always wondered why I could do those disproportional lifts. I never had any problems with my grip and I guess my body proportions to favor dls.

Liverpool should just give Yesil a surprise start. He might not play well and have problems playing in the PL but he's always good for a goal. Maybe it works out for them.
for reals
IN related news, Leitner did this a few hours ago:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OU5wko8wFj4 (shitty quality video)

Not too shabby :)

Meier

Here is the revised edition. I slowed down and tried to enunciate as best I could.

No problem now! It was all about the speed on the first version. Not that I'm entirely surprised, but it seems like Northern Irish don't sound very different than standard Irishmen.

Wooden's voice is ridiculously deep -- Morgan Freeman indeed.

Bacon's English is great! I get a wee bit jealous of Europeans.. you can speak so many languages. :(

Also, I know someone else commented on Band of Horses' inclusion in the FIFA soundtrack -- they put up a stream of their new album on SoundCloud. Not sure if there are any region restrictions on this site, but if not, here is Mirage Rock: http://soundcloud.com/bandofhorses/sets/mirage-rock

Facism

oh fuck wilbs sent me something to do.

I'll have to prepare. Its magnificence requires patience and understanding.

ManUtd Stuff ‏@ManUtdStuff
Sir Alex: “Rumours that I have met with Guardiola? I talked with him for a few minutes, yes.” [el comercio via @BarcaStuff]

Jose gon' be pissed.

3Sixty

No games is boring. I can't wait for us to play Southampton this weekend.

Grioud will score!

It is written in the stars.

220446-lsh.jpg

Come at me bros

Apparently Diaby has been sent back to Arsenal from the French camp with an injury. Hope it's not serious, that would be bad luck...though not exactly surprising...

Also, if anybody wants an RVP avatar they can use this.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Apparently Diaby has been sent back to Arsenal from the French camp with an injury. Hope it's not serious, that would be bad luck...though not exactly...

Well he lasted longer than the 20 minutes I predicted this season, I'll give him that.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
9 men RoI-U21 defeats Italy-U21 4-2.

It's quite an impressive result because Italy's team is filled with wonder kids.

Zabojnik

9 men RoI-U21 defeats Italy-U21 4-2.

It's quite an impressive result because Italy's team is filled with wonder kids.

With 2 reds for the Irish too. Dunno what happened, but congrats!

EDIT: Immobile missed a penalty, hah. Oh, right. Denis Mangia is the new U21 coach. The Palermo/Zamps curse. It makes sense.

Hixx

Two ex-Sunderland lads and one current make + score the goal for the U21s. Danny Rose looking decent too.

I feel like a dad whose kid has been taken by Wilbury. Ish.

Zabojnik

I hope so.

Nope. I thought he was with Prandelli?

Right, so Italy already qualified for the next Euro stage before this useless match. Not an excuse, seeing how they conceeded 3 of the goals AFTER Ireland lost a man, but still. Classic Italy. :D

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
An old Juve-Genoa game on right now.

Del Piero scored a brace. :(

Amauri running around like a headless chicken, but somehow managed to injure himself.

Zaccheroni on the bench.

Secco in the stands.

Gio coming on with 2 minutes left on the game.

Oh fuck this I'm switching the channel.

elsk

Banned
Nice one, elsk. You must have some nice titays, hehe
Normally ppl. can only go dl>squat>bench in terms of weight (excl. the dumb "beach bodybuilders" who don't train their legs at all..)

As for dead lifts, a lot of it comes down to gripping power. Most ppl. are hindered either by that (and its slower accumulation/growth) or can't find their proper form and end up injuring their lower backs/knees/etc.
Ppl. always wondered why I could do those disproportional lifts. I never had any problems with my grip and I guess my body proportions to favor dls.

Not too shabby :)

Haha, yes actually a lot of people don't train their legs. I used to go like 4 days a week, one day I did biceps and chest, other day I did back and triceps, other day just for legs and one day of mixed or just cardio/abs.

Yes, actually the main reason I avoided doing it is because I was afraid of injuring myself.

Meier

Just a fan.

She's the only notable thing to emerge from the Midlands since Adrian Chiles.

Who is she? I recognize Adlington with her in the new one but your girl is a mystery to me.

The new Band of Horses album is kinda underwhelming to me. :( I think it's going to take a number of listens to click. Heartbreak 101 might be the standout.

Oxx

Who is she? I recognize Adlington with her in the new one but your girl is a mystery to me.

Ellie Simmonds. She won 2 golds, a silver, and a bronze at the Paralympics. I was there when she won the first gold and it was amazing.

Fergie

Banned

The new Band of Horses album is kinda underwhelming to me. :( I think it's going to take a number of listens to click. Heartbreak 101 might be the standout.
Simmonds, GB paralympic swimmer.

Meier

Ellie Simmonds. She won 2 golds, a silver, and a bronze at the Paralympics. I was there when she won the first gold and it was amazing.

That's awesome! I know my brother went to quite a number of the Paralympic events as well but I honestly haven't followed it at all.. he Facetimed with me briefly as he was leaving the park after the closing ceremony the other night (well, day for me).

And the other one is just a random girl?

The blonde is an Olympic swimmer for Team GB. She won 2 golds in 2008 although I don't think she had any luck this year (maybe a Bronze?). Her name is Rebecca Adlington.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom