• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was fun for a month when everything was shiny and pretty but then it's limitations became clear. The worst thing for a football game to be is predictable in its gameplay.

Felt like this for the last few FIFAs. Lost my passion for it so quickly. They seem to allow a single play style. Usually involving pace through the middle.

Linius

I'm readying my xbox at the moment. Saw at a Dutch forum that some PS3 guys already have it. Even uploaded their first goal already :p

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Guardian are purporting in their rumour mill that Lloris wants air clearing chats with AVB already, because Friedel was selected over him for the previous game. Am I being thick here or was Lloris not even able for selection? Didn't he sign after the 12pm deadline on the Friday?

Lloris and the French press/fans are just being little wimps about all this. Brad is an excellent keeper who is 41 years old, if we are to drop him Lloris has to show he's a better option. If he doesn't have the balls to fight for his place then he can play in the Europa League for the rest of the season. Even Assou-Ekotto has said today that we have a keeper who makes 'no mistakes' and that Lloris has to fight for his spot, heck Wenger said the other day that AVB was in the right. If Hugo thought he would come straight into the team then he is a fucking moron. He will be eased in over the next few weeks and if he proves himself worthy he will will get the nod. If he doesn't he will have to wait till next season.

You are right that Lloris wasn't even eligible for the last game, it would have been crazy to play him anyway. This whole story was a no-win for us, either we drop Brad and get criticised for casting out an experienced pro for no reason or we get lambasted for making France's No.1 Tottenham's No.2. All I know is that we have one ancient keeper and one young keeper, both are of a high quality and both should look forward to showing how good they are.

Slizz

Shit is frustrating. It says FIFA13 demo like on the main XBL page, click that, unable to find the DL button....

Go to Games section, Demos, New releases, and its not there. Annoying.

EDIT: Apparently it'll be up in an hour and a half for me.

Ushojax

Dembele vs Modric in the World Cup qualifiers today.

mMWl0.gif

FootballFan

Because it is not made by a big company the fit was off.

Ahh that sucks.

2 World Cup qualifiers already played, heaps to go.

So far Japan beat Iraq 1-0 and New Zealand beat Solomon Islands 6-1.

Barely any interesting matches this round. Just Chile vs Colombia and maybe England vs Ukraine. The rest all seem either dull or just one-sided. Unless I missed something. edit Croatia - Belgium I guess

Linius

Shit is frustrating. It says FIFA13 demo like on the main XBL page, click that, unable to find the DL button....

Go to Games section, Demos, New releases, and its not there. Annoying.

EDIT: Apparently it'll be up in an hour and a half for me.

Same here. I'll check again tonight. For now the F1 2012 demo will do.

Kurtofan

Lloris and the French press/fans are just being little wimps about all this. Brad is an excellent keeper who is 41 years old, if we are to drop him Lloris has to show he's a better option. If he doesn't have the balls to fight for his place then he can play in the Europa League for the rest of the season. Even Assou-Ekotto has said today that we have a keeper who makes 'no mistakes' and that Lloris has to fight for his spot, heck Wenger said the other day that AVB was in the right. If Hugo thought he would come straight into the team then he is a fucking moron. He will be eased in over the next few weeks and if he proves himself worthy he will will get the nod. If he doesn't he will have to wait till next season.

You are right that Lloris wasn't even eligible for the last game, it would have been crazy to play him anyway. This whole story was a no-win for us, either we drop Brad and get criticised for casting out an experienced pro for no reason or we get lambasted for making France's No.1 Tottenham's No.2. All I know is that we have one ancient keeper and one young keeper, both are of a high quality and both should look forward to showing how good they are.

Why buy a keeper like Lloris if you're not going to use him?Just seems like a waste of money.

Minor stuttering for me aswell, FIFA 12 was perfect.

Probably picking it up on PS3 first like last years. Only got it on PC cause of ultimate team.

I'm getting it on PC and 360 as well. I already preordered the PC version cause it was cheap otherwise I wouldn't get it.

No luck for me when I tried that, but I'm like 99% sure it'll be up in 40 minutes.

Also I just searched "FIFA Demo" and found it. Try that.

sohois

Those UEFA club sanctions are not actually direct FFP sanctions with regards to break-even regulations.

They're sanctions imposed for clubs basically not paying taxes/fees - stuff which was in place from beforehand. UEFA are just being more pro active on it now, which is great because there's no way a club should get away with not paying money it owes.

I feel it's a pretty foolish move on UEFA's part - how will cutting off the revenue of the clubs make them pay up? Many of those clubs could have been depending on that prize money to pay off their creditors, now this sudden arbitrary ruling has screwed them. And yes that is taking a very rosy view of your average football club, but it is not for UEFA to judge either. Clubs already have plenty of legal recourse for chasing unpaid debts, there should no need for UEFA giving out these retroactive punishments. Ban them from future competition, sure, but what they have done is not at all smart.

Ushojax

Why buy a keeper like Lloris if you're not going to use him?Just seems like a waste of money.

We are going to use him we are in 4 competitions this season, it's simply a question of how soon he becomes No1. Our current keeper is 41 and if Lloris is as good as he thinks he is then it shouldn't be hard to displace Friedel. Brad has said himself that he is a stop-gap while Spurs find a long term keeper. We have that keeper in Lloris and he has to force himself into the team just like any other new signing.

dc89

HOLY HELL at Suarez. Nothing like him at all.

I don't understand why EA over complicate things with the kit design. They've put a texture on that City shirt which isn't even similar. It's just a cotton fabric.

I guess they can't replicate textures like that at the moment. Bring on next gen.

HOLY HELL at Suarez. Nothing like him at all.

I don't understand why EA over complicate things with the kit design. They've put a texture on that City shirt which isn't even similar. It's just a cotton fabric.

I guess they can't replicate textures like that at the moment. Bring on next gen.

I saw him play a couple of weeks ago against Chelsea in the U21 Premier League and he was insane. He controlled the whole game, he looks a great talent!

Blablurn

i wanna buy a laptop with those specs

- Intel® Core™ i7-3610QM Prozessor (4x 2,3 GHz with Turbo-Boost up to 3,3 GHz, 6 MB L3-Cache)

NVIDIA GeForce GTX660M (2GB) (GDDR5)

12GB RAM

enough to play current games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom