• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

I saw him play a couple of weeks ago against Chelsea in the U21 Premier League and he was insane. He controlled the whole game, he looks a great talent!

We've got to keep hold of him too. We can't let another great talent leave for free, we let Joan Roman go on a free to Barca B. We paid £1m for him too a few years back, quite a bit of money for a 16 year old.

Is there a direct link to download the fifa 13 demo on pc anywhere? Origin just refuses when I click on it.

Edit : nevermind. Then it of course finally starts working when I ask about it.

Overkill is always the way to go. Wish I had some more money so I could upgrade a little more, might try and go with dual cards sometime soonish.

I went for England, Argentina, Spain, Germany, Portugal, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Italy, Colombia today. Putting my faith in El Tigre this time.

Meier

Why buy a keeper like Lloris if you're not going to use him?Just seems like a waste of money.

Because one season doesn't exist in a bubble. Lyon needed money and Spurs needed a keeper for the future. If Friedel gets hurt or performs poorly, they have someone who can come in and take over -- he's also in the last year of his deal I believe. Friedel has been one of the best and most consistent keepers in the PL for a long time. Lloris will just need to wait his turn and/or prove that he is the better choice at this very moment for them.

p.s. Regarding the Aguero popularity in Argentina: http://www.marca.com/2012/08/19/en/football/international_football/1345395572.html

dc89

I always wonder how well my iMac would cope with games. i5 of some sort, 8Gb RAM and some random 6500m series of graphics card.

Clegg

I have horrible friends.

I was minding my own business until one of my mates starts humming "Call me Maybe"

Its been stuck in my head all afternoon.

I have horrible friends.

I was minding my own business until one of my mates starts humming "Call me Maybe"

I have one friend who when he gets in my car plugs his phone in to the speakers and blasts that song out! I know nearly all the words and I fucking hate myself for it!

Slizz

FIFA13 is awesome, 1 game played so far. The way the CPU on my team moves now when I'm on the offensive is much much better(played as Juventus).

First touch thing def makes it more realistic, lost quite a few balls due to an awkward or ambitious first touch.

Also didn't think it was slow at all, felt fast to me.

Wilbur

Banned
I have horrible friends.

We are all unified by love for this song. Culture free norks like Arnie and sophisticated Salazar types, mindless dribbling dc types and reserved quiet posters such as myself. We all have one thing in common.

We all think Call Me Maybe is a fucking tune

cue everyone saying 'nope'

Clegg

Everybody sing!!

But you didn't have to cut me off
Make out like it never happened and that we were nothing
And I don't even need your love
But you treat me like a stranger and that feels so rough
No you didn't have to stoop so low
Have your friends collect your records and then change your number
I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just somebody that I used to know

Wilbur

Banned
I've gone off that song

Juventus are really fun to play as in FIFA 13, Giovinco especially, and dat midfield.

Thank god they've got nice kits this year as well, hated last years.

FIFA annoys me with some of the faces, Kagawa looks sublime on PES. If they can do it surely EA can? Why try and make this perfect simulation when you have great players like Hazard or Suarez running around looking like League Two players?

First FIFA 13 match ended in a draw. But at least the end was nice, Arse are 2 vs 1, Kolarov takes down one who doesn't even have the ball and the other tries and fails to lob the ball over Hart.

irbYhztVx9H5v.gif

Game feels nice, much better than Fifa 12 so far.

For reals?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

For realsies!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Italy's top (lol) football agents (lol) have voted Asamoah as the best transfer of the summer. Other names include Pazzini, Destro &
Pogba.

The last three names just shows how horrible Serie A's window was.

Juventus are really fun to play as in FIFA 13, Giovinco especially, and dat midfield.
We're?
iJuKuaUjuoWzq.gif
Fucking finally
iJuKuaUjuoWzq.gif

Going to see Lawless tonight! Hope it's good, always love a good gangster film.
As am I. Pumped for it.

Thoughts on the FIFA 13 demo?

New first touch engine, now the first touches that were already shite are shite for a reason. Nice.

Usual problems persist, hold down and A to pass to a player, it pass to a player in front of you. Through balls, hardly ever go to the correct side of the player and often not to the correct player.

Players make more intelligent runs and have better movement. Eh, do they?

Edit: There is something about the game that feel slightly better than 12. I can't put my finger on it though. So not sure if I just feel this way because it's new.

dc89

The leaked Wii U specs. I don't know wether to laugh or cry or post it_prints_money.GIF's.

I was thinking it could be a good console cause Nintendo have some pretty great first party games. And I'd love a 3D Mario and Zelda game in HD. And Pikmin of course.

But then I read 'how will they attract big third party games with those specs and the 720 and PS4 ports' and then I got worried. Will Wii U end up like the Wii, just a 1st party machine?

---

Can't wait to play some FIFA! Heard good stuff.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
The leaked Wii U specs. I don't know wether to laugh or cry or post it_prints_money.GIF's.

I was thinking it could be a good console cause Nintendo have some pretty great first party games. And I'd love a 3D Mario and Zelda game in HD. And Pikmin of course.

But then I read 'how will they attract big third party games with those specs and the 720 and PS4 ports' and then I got worried. Will Wii U end up like the Wii, just a 1st party machine?

---

Can't wait to play some FIFA! Heard good stuff.

Nintendo are 7-8 years too late.

dc89

A Toon fan I have the displeasure of knowing has the annoying ability to always say 'imagine playing Counter Strike on that' when ever he sees a good computer.

Like it makes a difference because a piece of toast could pretty much run CS before CS:GO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom