• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

Also where are your Real kits :lol

Goddaaamn at that list, nice.

Top of the page top of the page

t100ocb.jpg

I don't buy Real kits as I would never allow myself to wear them. I was gifted one. They are 'Unnamed spanish club'

The Camp nou it´s included in FIFA 13.

FIFA 13,complete list stadiums

@Above,well done PantyPhantom ; )

Things changed since that list :( it was only confirmed to have been taken out last night. By EA themselfs.

Most La Liga fans have had that "I liked him before it was cool to like him" phase(me included lol). (Cazorla, Silva, Torres, Aguero, Yaya, Mata etc). But I agree with you guys, Aguero is not a bigger "star" than Wayne Rooney. Wasn't there a discussion on Cazorla not being a star couple days ago? Haha. Who really cares who is a bigger star though..

Yeah there is that. I loved all of these guys in La Liga

bud23

Guesses:

Aguero is huge in Argentina, big in Spain and England

Aguero is not as huge in Argentina. The biggest star in Argentina is not Aguero or Messi,the biggest star(if we speak in terms of influence and fans support )is Tevez,above any other player.

If you live in Argentina you know what I´m speaking. Messi in Argentina is not recognized at all, people see him as a "spanish guy" because Messi went from Argentina to Spain being very young.
Tevez,however, is a guy who born in a villa,a very poor Buenos Aires´s neighborhood, and for this reason people identify themselves much more with tevez than with Messi. You know, rags to riches, very similar to Maradona´s story.

Tevez is huge in Argentina,Aguero is not as huge. Even Veron has more fan support than Aguero.

dc89

Guesses:

Rooney is gigantic in countries where the PL is the most-watched league
Gerrard and Lampard are big in England
Van Persie is big in England and huge in Holland

I wouldn't laugh at somebody for thinking that Aguero's the biggest star. Makes sense to me.

Constant media bollocks: Balotelli
Marketability in PL-loving countries: Rooney
Worldwide popularity: Aguero, tbh
Quality: Tie between RVP and Aguero

Yup. But I'm in a sphere of hyperbolic semen so you are not correct.

Arnie

Decent Benitez article in todays Times. Which reminds me, I need to buy his new book. It was written by Rory Smith who's one of my favourite football writers.

Guardian are purporting in their rumour mill that Lloris wants air clearing chats with AVB already, because Friedel was selected over him for the previous game. Am I being thick here or was Lloris not even able for selection? Didn't he sign after the 12pm deadline on the Friday?

Wilbur

Banned
Yup. But I'm in a sphere of hyperbolic semen so you are not correct.

I wouldn't say he is correct. Someone's just said Tevez is more popular than Aguero and he seems more informed than any of us, so why persist with saying he's the biggest sporting star since George Foreman because he scored that goal? It's like saying Steve Bruce was the biggest star in 1993.

There's a lot of players in the league more famous around the world than Aguero, no matter how obvious his qualities are.

Hixx

Played the FIFA demo.

I didn't play a lot of 12 coz I thought it was fucking naff but some thoughts:

- Slower than what I remember of 12
- Geoff Shreeves!!
- Drop balls
- The opening "ceremonies" animation for games is a lot less janky
- Smooth as a greasy shit
- Keepers are still weird, will run to the side of the goal, plant themselves then dive...
- First touch wasn't really apparent. I nicked a couple of goals off the CPU because of awkward headers back to the keeper and one player trying to trap the ball on his thigh but failing but I never really felt it when I had the ball. Might be a bigger deal on non-4.5/5 star teams
- Attacking AI is loads better, if you like your full backs to push up you WILL get punished when you lose the ball
- Abate is the white Usain Bolt

I think they're just incorporating the Live season stuff into the game for free now, dunno if they did that with fifa 12?

Played the FIFA demo.

- Geoff Shreeves!!
- Drop balls
- Keepers are still weird, will run to the side of the goal, plant themselves then dive...
- First touch wasn't really apparent. I nicked a couple of goals off the CPU because of awkward headers back to the keeper and one player trying to trap the ball on his thigh but failing but I never really felt it when I had the ball. Might be a bigger deal on non-4.5/5 star teams
- Attacking AI is loads better, if you like your full backs to push up you WILL get punished when you lose the ball

I think they're just incorporating the Live season stuff into the game for free now, dunno if they did that with fifa 12?

So you enjoyed it? Great. Demo isn't up for me yet :(

Guesses:

Rooney is gigantic in countries where the PL is the most-watched league
Gerrard and Lampard are big in England
Van Persie is big in England and huge in Holland

I wouldn't laugh at somebody for thinking that Aguero's the biggest star. Makes sense to me.

Constant media bollocks: Balotelli
Marketability in PL-loving countries: Rooney
Worldwide popularity: Aguero, tbh
Quality: Tie between RVP and Aguero
It's not even close. Rooney is massive superstar. You look at the kind of sponsorship income he has and it says all you need to know.

It really doesn't matter, as it has no effect on the pitch. But Rooney is one of the worlds most famous sportsmen.

Hixx

Yeah, I really liked it. It's harder to win the balls in tackles too, the outcome feels less predictable - if your fullback is in a footrace and you win a tackle you'll likely only be able to put it out for a throw etc. A lot less perfect "scoop" tackles, just feels really authentic.

elseanio

Decent Benitez article in todays Times. Which reminds me, I need to buy his new book. It was written by Rory Smith who's one of my favourite football writers.

Guardian are purporting in their rumour mill that Lloris wants air clearing chats with AVB already, because Friedel was selected over him for the previous game. Am I being thick here or was Lloris not even able for selection? Didn't he sign after the 12pm deadline on the Friday?

Rafa is doing a book signing in town on Saturday. At the Waterstone's on Bold St

Messi

Played the FIFA demo.

- Geoff Shreeves!!
- Drop balls

tumblr_lkdp0yTrIC1qd6fyk.gif

Barca are fucked with Alves and Alba

Kyoufu

http://www.goal.com/en-sg/news/3950/europe/2012/09/11/3368347/atletico-madrid-malaga-among-23-clubs-punished-by-uefa-for

23 clubs have fallen foul of FFP so far and their prize money is being withheld, though it seems they have until the end of the month to settle it. Hmmm. Notable clubs: Atletico Madrid, Malaga, Sporting CP, Fenerbahce.

Atletico are screeeeeeewed.

I guarantee Falcao will leave by next Summer. Though that sounds like Captain Obvious but they haven't even paid the fee to buy him.

3Sixty

It wasn't because of that, it was because AVB said he would have to fight for a first team place. Which is fair enough, Lloris seemed to be under the impression he would be undisputed number 1

Edit, also that Barca kit looks like a Fruit Salad.

Those UEFA club sanctions are not actually direct FFP sanctions with regards to break-even regulations.

They're sanctions imposed for clubs basically not paying taxes/fees - stuff which was in place from beforehand. UEFA are just being more pro active on it now, which is great because there's no way a club should get away with not paying money it owes.

Linius

Must download that FIFA 13 demo. Already got the money for the actual game, so I'm ready :D

Also, bought and watched The Cabin in the Woods this afternoon. Awesome horror flick is awesome.

Like it was last year?

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ma62taXnCs1r4fou6o1_500.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

[quote="Willkiller, post: 41982821"]Any every other year since about 2009?[/QUOTE]Nah, 2012 was probably the worst it had been for some time. It was the most predictable crap out there.

Also, I liked the addition of tactical defending, but I never seen the point of the auto jockey feature. Surely the point of tactical defending was to force players to be, eh, tactical? And rid the game of the heat seeking, so to speak, of the previous games. Auto jockey was like a terrible mid point. So people who didn't really like tactical defending or couldn't use it could just sit on A and have a player magnetised to the opponent on the ball. Really all they had to do was time their tackle. So in effect, they made this elaborate defensive and tackling system but included an easy mode version of it too.

[quote="Wilbury, post: 41982829"]Was fun for a month when everything was shiny and pretty but then it's limitations became clear. The worst thing for a football game to be is predictable in its gameplay.[/QUOTE]Pretty much this. All FIFA games have their faults and limitations, but 12 was the first year, at least for me personally and the people I play with, were we packed it in.

Salazar

FourFourTwo ‏@FourFourTwo
PERFORMANCE @FFTPerformance Want to give your marker a miserable time? Never show fear, says Ashley Young

:lol :lol :lol

Slizz

Must download that FIFA 13 demo. Already got the money for the actual game, so I'm ready :D

Also, bought and watched The Cabin in the Woods this afternoon. Awesome horror flick is awesome.

Dude Cabin in the Woods was so much fun. I'm trying to share it with other people so they get to experience it, but my one friend refuses to watch it, its quite weird...

Whens FIFA13 demo up for NA?

EDIT:DL'ing F1 demo while I wait.

Double EDIT: Says the Demo should be out, yet I have eyes and its not there...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom