• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

Dortmund are nails to score against they just pack the edge of their box.

Yeah, so it seems. I just picked the lowest team to compete against :p

Will try some more tomorrow. That new defending system (skipped 12) is still quite hard on me. Gonna be needing lots of practice. Maybe I shouldn't have started at the highest difficulty :p

elsk

Banned
I play in world class (is called that way in english, right)?

Dortmund (me) 1-1 Manchester City
Milan (me) 2-0 Juventus
Juventus (me) 3-0 Milan
Arsenal (me) 0-2 Milan

Arsenal sucks.

I play a lot better against other people than against the AI. I only play Professional on Single Player.

I lost a couple, drawn loads and won loads. I'm too inconsistent.

Linius

6th book was amazing.

I loved the whole series. Please don't criticise my youth :(

Hack, I even bought book six and seven in English because I couldn't wait for the Dutch translations :p

I play a lot better against other people than against the AI. I only play Professional on Single Player.

I lost a couple, drawn loads and won loads. I'm too inconsistent.

Because of my many hours in FIFA 11 I managed to stabilise against AI. I play world class and win almost every match. But skills aren't doable against AI. It's so much more fun against other people.

I loved the whole series. Please don't criticise my youth :(

Hack, I even bought book six and seven in English because I couldn't wait for the Dutch translations :p
I loved the series too. Couple of books, especially Order of the Pheonix were a little tiresome but on the whole I'm a big fan.

As for buying it in English, that's impressive more than anything else. You read two novels, simple though they may be, in a second language. I feel so inadequate.

Kyoufu

Does anyone play these Football games using the close up view to make it look like you're controlling a player for more realism?

Linius

I loved the series too. Couple of books, especially Order of the Pheonix were a little tiresome but on the whole I'm a big fan.

As for buying it in English, that's impressive more than anything else. You read two novels, simple though they may be, in a second language. I feel so inadequate.

Most Dutch kids grow up with English. We don't dub are media and we have English at school from a young age. So it's really doable for Dutch people.

Meh, I don't like that first person kind of view. I only play top view.

He's waiting for a This is Football revival.

Ha, my brother bought that between PES4&5(I think) and played it for about half an hour before declaring it a pile of shite.

And I'm about as much a hipster as my old geography teacher, I like the old Pro Evos, Harry Potter, Game of Thrones, football and AAA games. Also, I don't give a shit about fashion :p

Is it any good? Do you have to wait in your position and wait for the ball to be passed to you or do you go and hunt the ball down?

If your playing striker then yes you have to wait for the ball and only pressure the defense. If playing midfield like I do you can go box to box. Anyway if you press pass they will pass to you unless your offside.

dc89

I sometimes feel this way. I wish English wasn't my main language because I think it makes me lazy and not want to learn another language because everywhere I've been on holiday (been quite a few places too, Dominican Republic, Rhodes, Bulgaria and more) I've been able to speak English and get on fine.

Footballers who learn English well are cool! English is Kompany's third language yet he's really fluent.

Jumpers for goalposts mode was boss.

Diving too.

I'm sure the first PS3 Pro Evo had it. The only time I really had fun with that game was when I took it and my PS3 to my mate's house and blatantly dived against him in the box. I'm talking a yard between me and the defender. The ref points at the floor, my friend goes ballistic while I laugh and he soon realises that I dived, and laughs as well. Did anyone take a successful dive btw?

Another thing, that Pro Evo ruined goal replays. Absolute shite in FIFA and PES now. Dismal framerate, shite camera controls, and with FIFA, ridiculous need to edit replays to share them

Wes

venison crêpe
I'm glad Hogdson is giving the Lampard and Gerrard partnership in central midfield a chance. I always wished managers tried it more often in the past 192 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom