• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.
In positive news : Brøndby lost a case today which means they might have to pay around 2,3 mil euros to their former players. Money they simple do not have at all. That reminds me : Where's Bjaelke? I want him to listen to my story.

For the life of me I don't understand why ex pros, pundits and ref think the ball hitting the arm in the box constitutes as a penalty. It is one of the few things that really irk me in life, when the very specific and clear rules of the game are dismissed by the ignorant 'professionals' who are paid huge amounts for their time to insult us with their nonsense.

I saw the replay of the England penalty. It was the wrong decision by the official as there is nothing to indicate it was intentional hand to ball (aka handball)

bud

And what?

Just because he has both the stamina and finesse of a truck doesn't mean he should start for England. Who's Spain's workhorse that allows other people to play? Barcelona too? Madrid? Bayern?

It's a fucking fallacy if you think teams require a technically shit but utterly tireless runner in order to 'shine'.

unfair comparison. all those teams you mentioned play football.

england don't. milner is perfect for this team. he's big. he's strong.

it's the english way.

confuziz

Banned
Who is his substitute?

Lens1600.jpg

In positive news : Brøndby lost a case today which means they might have to pay around 2,3 mil euros to their former players. Money they simple do not have at all. That reminds me : Where's Bjaelke? I want him to listen to my story.

Would you be happy if they went into administration and were liquidated?

Clegg

For the life of me I don't understand why ex pros, pundits and ref think the ball hitting the arm in the box constitutes as a penalty. It is one of the few things that really irk me in life, when the very specific and clear rules of the game are dismissed by the ignorant 'professionals' who are paid huge amounts for their time to insult us with their nonsense.

I saw the replay of the England penalty. It was the wrong decision by the official as there is nothing to indicate it was intentional hand to ball (aka handball)

A handball doesn't need to be intentional for a penalty to be given.

Would you seriously be happy if Brondby went out of business? Surely it's fun to have a rival :lol

Would you be happy if they went into administration and were liquidated?

Nothing would be better than seeing them go down. Don't wish them any good and seeing them just get worse and worse on both the sport section and the economical side of things has been very enjoyable. Despite us now being so superior in every way, the hate just doesn't go away, doubt it will even with them playing in the third division and I don't really miss the days when we fought with them about gold at all.

The rivalry doesn't do any good for us on the financial side anymore either and they have done nothing but fuck up the danish coefficients everytime they had the chance for European football, so the only argument really would be "but there's such a good atmosphere during the derbies", which there also isn't anymore as Brøndby fans are pretty much banned from coming to our stadium unless they got a 12 year old or younger kid with them... Yeah not kidding. :lol

Nothing would be better than seeing them go down. Don't wish them any good and seeing them just get worse and worse on both the sport section and the economical side of things has been very enjoyable. Despite us now being so superior in every way, the hate just doesn't go away, doubt it will even with them playing in the third division and I don't really miss the days when we fought with them about gold at all.

The rivalry doesn't do any good for us on the financial side anymore either, so the only argument really would be "but there's such a good atmosphere during the derbies", which there also isn't anymore as Brøndby fans are pretty much banned from coming to our stadium unless they got a 12 year old or younger kid with them... Yeah not kidding. :lol

Would you want them to cease to exist though?

The rivalry doesn't do any good for us on the financial side anymore either and they have done nothing but fuck up the danish coefficients everytime they had the chance for European football, so the only argument really would be "but there's such a good atmosphere during the derbies", which there also isn't anymore as Brøndby fans are pretty much banned from coming to our stadium unless they got a 12 year old or younger kid with them... Yeah not kidding. :lol

I don't think I want any team to get liquidated though. My local team did in 2006/2007 and it was horrible! We had only played Arsenal three years earlier in the FA Cup! I wouldn't wish death of a club on anyone!

I don't think I want any team to get liquidated though. My local team did in 2006/2007 and it was horrible! We had only played Arsenal three years earlier in the FA Cup! I wouldn't wish death of a club on anyone!

You need to learn to hate more.

Even last season when we threw away the league title, it was hard not to cheer for the team we were battling with on the top, when they were playing Brøndby.

Yen

Suso has tweeted that he is training for the Sunderland game.

Looks like most of the papers are running with what we already knew, that police were involved in a Hillsborough cover up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom