• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.
gtfo a southamerican without a PS console?

Andres reminds me of drunk you.

uh I live in america so I have joined the real world. xbox 4lyfe, LMAO

So does Nosh, but he keeps his proud culture and PS3 support.

That thread was getting fucking creepy, that is my creepy gif/wtf gif.

Yeah it was.
ikxq4tx72EvEz.png

elsk

Banned
I won't comment on the African teams you mentioned but I think the likes of Serbia, Slovakia and Greece would roll through Concacaf qualifiers. Fun note, Gareth Bale has a higher market value than the whole squads of Honduras and Costa Rica.

We won 2-0 against Serbia last year.
All the times we've played against "better" competition, we had great performances. In the Copa América 2001 we finished third (eliminating Brazil, also), in recent times in the Olympics we had a superb performance in all our matches (Brazil, Spain) except against Japan.

In the WC2010 we had to face Marcelo Bielsa's Chile and Spain (the eventual winners) so we didn't had much of a chance and 4 of our 3 best players were injured at the time, but by the third match we played agains the Swiss NT and dominated most of the match.

Obviously I'm not saying we could play 1-on-1 against Russia, because they're on another level but outside of the "top" europeans teams (Spain, Germany, Italy, Russia, Croatia, etc) we could give a good fight against most of the european sides.

Bale market value could be higher, but still we would kick Wales ass.

Tobe

yo andres you going a bit over board bro. and the goddess from my avatar is Elizabeth Gillies. A long time ago the C was for creepy gaf, now that is dead it stand for chris since well its my name.

I can tell you what the C in it stands for. Those degenerates.

you were always on my side man!! im still kinda pissed on how they shut us down :( creepy gaf was sure fun, even with vox and g-fex going nuts.

EDIT: console wars yoooooo uggghhhhh, everybody should just fucking triple dip everything.

Noshino

All the times we've played against "better" competition, we had great performances. In the Copa América 2001 we finished third (eliminating Brazil, also), in recent times in the Olympics we had a superb performance in all our matches (Brazil, Spain) except against Japan.

In the WC2010 we had to face Marcelo Bielsa's Chile and Spain (the eventual winners) so we didn't had much of a chance and 4 of our 3 best players were injured at the time, but by the third match we played agains the Swiss NT and dominated most of the match.

Obviously I'm not saying we could play 1-on-1 against Russia, because they're on another level but outside of the "top" europeans teams (Spain, Germany, Italy, Russia, Croatia, etc) we could give a good fight against most of the european sides.

No one here is saying that Mexico awful, all we are saying is that CONCACAF is easy.

If Mexico has a hard time qualifying it isn't because of the other teams getting better (lets be real, they are godawful), but rather because of Mexico playing bad.

The only way Mexico and the US would get any respect is if they qualify to a WC with CONMEBOL teams as well. But of course that will never happen.

See it's not that I don't think that that those European teams(like Serbia, Slovakia, Greece, etc) are that much better, I just think that they are just more consistent. I don't see them dropping points against the lesser concacaf teams and I think would make it through the hexagon in the long run. I find that the organization and general play in concacaf can be sloppy and times and those European teams would take advantage in a group type environment.

No one here is saying that Mexico awful, all we are saying is that CONCACAF is easy.

If Mexico has a hard time qualifying it isn't because of the other teams getting better (lets be real, they are godawful), but rather because of Mexico playing bad.

The only way Mexico and the US would get any respect is if they qualify to a WC with CONMEBOL teams as well. But of course that will never happen.

Elsk is Honduran.

Noshino

Andres reminds me of drunk you.

So does Nosh, but he keeps his proud culture and PS3 support.

I'm hurt wooden, I'm hurt.

shut up the benefits of xbl in America you dont understand!

damn, you piss me off I want to hit you

so?

if only your south american friends were to find out that you have a 360 and not a ps3.....they wouldnt fucking allow you past the security at the airport

What if I were to tell you I was a girl.

I would be scared

Elsk is Honduran.

i thought i was quoting Regulus.....shit

Who said that?

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

That was from the top of my head, but there was one article saying "result based football is dead" and then went on, in best doicare style, to point out statistics. :lol

Real football is nearly back. I am surprised we survived joke international football without bannings.

We lost Salvadora. :'[

But only for a few weeks and not from this thread, but lets not keep that from blaming the lack of club football.

Unjust, cruel, horrible... Any adjective is not enough to describe the incredible Barca elimination at the hands of Chelsea. Few times a team had all the qualities to move to a Champions League final and also Guardiola. And rarely a rival, with so little, won the prize.

It is difficult to explain how the club could throw away a tie in which it was infinitely better than its rival. The Chelsea at Camp Nou was like that of the first leg at Stamford Bridge. A team stingy, cowardly, vulgar. Unworthy of a competition as big as this. Their ultra-conservative tactic led them to defend tooth and nail with all players in the area of Cech. It's amazing how, with so little, they were able to score three goals in 180 minutes.

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/ungracious-catalan-press-call-chelsea-cowardly-vulgar-and-unworth

wi5za.jpg

Man it was some fantastic days. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom