• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

I thought irish people were hard core you disappoint me. I will never stop hating victor valdes so I dont care. You upset me but i usually like you :)

I mean hating Valdes is fine (I dont agree with the hate but thats a different point) I just think the kidnapping joke is a bit insensitive.

Irish people are cooler than you think.

Hieberrr

Damn it Canada
LLShC.gif
KuGsj.gif

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I mean hating Valdes is fine (I dont agree with the hate but thats a different point) I just think the kidnapping joke is a bit insensitive.

Irish people are cooler than you think.

It was a dumb joke im sorry but my birthday is on st paddys day so ive always felt an affinity to you guys. colombia is running thru south american qualifying so every man, woman and child is drunk as fuck :(

we are barça fans we just disagree on personnel

SCORESAYZEE!

I thought irish people were hard core you disappoint me. I will never stop hating victor valdes so I dont care. You upset me but i usually like you :)

He's one of the few people with morals left in here, don't worry, I am sure this thread will make them fade away for him too... Only Fady will keep strong and love everyone.

Tobe

what club team do you support? iniciacion my inca friend

tienes que traer chicha moradas for everybody too!

no entiendo, la verdad que no veo mucho futbol hermano solo los super clasicos, boca/river barza/madrid o copa america, euro and champions.

and yeah im a barza fan but then again i dont actually watch too much futbol.

ok you might call me anti-peruvian but i hate that the ref is on our side be fucking neutral dammit.

SHIT poor gago.

FootballFan

Wtf just happened to Gago, guy lands on his head and his neck twists or something, then he just stayed there on the ground. Being stretchered off now.

Tobe

This ref in the argentina-peru is a crooked sack of shit.

this, as much as i want peru to win i want it to be fair and square. Doesn't take away the fact that peru is actually playing a good game, then again maybe argentina is just being loltina.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I'll take the victory, as lacklustre as it was. The best thing about it is that we are now qualified for the Hexagonal and that Chicharito's back to the goalscoring sheet.

Meier

Argentina's strikeforce is just amazing. Can't imagine trying to defend against Messi, Kun, Lavezzi, Di Maria, Higuain and/or Pastore! The world is lucky they don't have many defenders of similar talent level (although I love me some Zaba).

I am always surprised that Otamendi hasn't gotten more performances with their national team.

clemenx

Banned
Argentina's strikeforce is just amazing. Can't imagine trying to defend against Messi, Kun, Lavezzi, Di Maria, Higuain and/or Pastore! The world is lucky they don't have many defenders of similar talent level (although I love me some Zaba).

I am always surprised that Otamendi hasn't gotten more performances with their national team.

Meh, they very rarely play to their potential as a team. There's probably more lackluster games from them than good games.
Peru isn't doing anything special today and they're all invisible, save a play from Higuain.

too bad their coach and management suck

AndresON777

shooting blanks
no entiendo, la verdad que no veo mucho futbol hermano solo los super clasicos, boca/river barza/madrid o copa america, euro and champions.

and yeah im a barza fan but then again i dont actually watch too much futbol.

ok you might call me anti-peruvian but i hate that the ref is on our side be fucking neutral dammit.

SHIT poor gago.

spelling it barza but I forgive you for your good intention and your great avatar

Meier

Meh, they very rarely play to their potential as a team. There's probably more lackluster games from them than good games.

I wonder if they need a new coach? Argentina not being a major threat at the international level is just unacceptable given their talent level. Outside of the Olympics, they haven't won any title in a generation essentially.

Edit: Looks like their manager took over in 2011 so maybe this new one will have more success. Who knows.

I wonder if they need a new coach? Argentina not being a major threat at the international level is just unacceptable given their talent level. Outside of the Olympics, they haven't won any title in a generation essentially.

Edit: Looks like their manager took over in 2011 so maybe this new one will have more success. Who knows.

they had Bielsa and fucked it up in 2002... i was very burned by that team. their best... Bati, Crespo, Lopez, Ortega, Sorin, Zanetti, Caniggia, Kili, Rosales....

FootballFan

Half of football gaf probably don't even know what clubs Rojo, Perez, Brana, Guinazu etc play for yet they play for Argentina. Bench players like Gago and Fernandez starting doesn't help either. As mentioned earlier, they have conceded 6 times out of 7 games. I think once they sort out that backline, if ever, that's when they will be a real threat.

It's frustrating seeing how quiet Di Maria, Messi, Higuain, Lavezzi, Aguero etc are nearly every time Argentina plays.

edit
Maybe Argentine favourite Tevez needs a comeback :p

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Crap game by Mexico. We should have started 11 people from stands to make it more excited, as I said.
The team played without any tension --they knew even a draw would qualify them so they were more worried about injuries than actually playing their hearts out. More than that, I'm worried that it appears that this generation seems overwhelmed by the Azteca. Add to that the fact that the games are being played at night instead of when the heat is at its worst like in previous qualifiers and the low turnout and that explains why the ticos actually showed up today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom