• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

Gundogan, Jiracek, Badelj, Xhaka, Guarín, Gargano all for cheap! and with the RvP money you surely could've signed Hernanes.

Try to see it from Fergies point of view.

I honestly think he feels there aren't many midfielders out there that could improve the squad. Gundogan and Xhaka probably could but that doesn't mean SAF believes they would.

I honestly think he feels there aren't many midfielders out there that could improve the squad. Gundogan and Xhaka probably could but that doesn't mean SAF believes they would.

LegoArmo is right when he says Ferguson wants someone who can do everything to a high level. It's a stupid standard and I don't think many mids exist that are what Fergie wants.

Zabojnik

GIOVIIII!!! Nice progression by Barzagli. You know you're shit when Barzagli makes it on the assist-man's list.

Zeman is the worst manager on the planet. Couldn't make it back to Serie A because of Moggi, eh? He was doing him a favour.

It was a great goal I thought. Bring on Tuesday and lets see Ando and Cleverley start.
Yep it was a lovely take and finish. Not even kidding I'm not surprised it was RVP playing that pass and believing Kagawa could take it. Too many of our players are hesitant to pass into tight spaces.

Kagawa does need to start doing more though. Towards the end of the game he was getting on the ball but shifting it sideways. Wasn't necessarily the wrong thing to do but he needs to take on some responsibility and have the belief and desire to make things happen.

That's just bollocks though. I know Fergie see's it like that but he's wrong. Like really wrong.

Kyoufu

Demba Ba's first goal today:

ibadmnr7axt4kz.gif

Dat volley.

Cuddler

What a great match for Juventus, especially the first half. When we play with Vidal-Pirlo-Marchisio we are another thing. I really hope that we can do the same against Shakhtar and that the players are not too tired because of today's match.

near

Gold Member
You could tell at the end the players and AVB get on just fine.

He might have problems with other people in and around the club but his players are clearly in tune with him. I really hope AVB comes good at Spurs. I think he is a really good coach, he needs a break and a club and fans who allow him some freedom and time to make mistakes.

There are certainly players and people at the club who won't like AVB much, I know that Huddlestone made a comment very early on about how AVB needs to prove himself on twitter and that didn't go down too well. Dawson is probably another player unsettled now. But there are few first team players who can complain. Lennon recently got to wear the captains armband, doubt that would have happened with Harry still around. Defoe is getting play time and doing a decent job. Overall the squad look more harmonic than last season.

dc89

The GF went to Sainsburys before for some food for her lunches for when she starts her new job on Monday. She also came back with this!

Now she's gone out for a meal with people from the job shes leaving. LBP Vita and Match of The Day. AWESOME

Clegg

LegoArmo is right when he says Ferguson wants someone who can do everything to a high level. It's a stupid standard and I don't think many mids exist that are what Fergie wants.

Kagawa does need to start doing more though. Towards the end of the game he was getting on the ball but shifting it sideways. Wasn't necessarily the wrong thing to do but he needs to take on some responsibility and have the belief and desire to make things happen.

That's just bollocks though. I know Fergie see's it like that but he's wrong. Like really wrong.
I agree with you.

There's plenty of midfielders that could have improved our midfield but SAF passed up on the opportunity to sign them.

It's a definite criticism of him.

Kyoufu

The GF went to Sainsburys before for some food for her lunches for when she starts her new job on Monday. She also came back with this!

Now she's gone out for a meal with people from the job shes leaving. LBP Vita and Match of The Day. AWESOME

Quit bragging about your GF man.

jk :p

Clegg

Ferdinand cost United the 3 points today.

He didn't play that well but he wasn't the cause of our problems.

Our non-existant midfield was the problem there.

We all know that Ferdinand doesn't have the legs to keep up with Bale. He should never have been put in the position of trying to keep up with him.

Guys, my vision is increasingly worsening. I'm afraid that I'll...have to wear glasses. I'll become one of them
Getting contacts has quickly become the best decision of my life. The difference it makes is unbelievable. It's only when you get to see the normal world again, by glasses or contacs it doesn't matter, that you'll see what you've been missing. All those little details that you can see again make the world that much more beautiful. It's was like I was seeing everything in HD. You should pull the trigger as soon as you can. It's worth it

Clegg

This post from Redcafe best describes our first half formation.

Rafael---Rio-----------Evans---Evra
--------Scholes----Carrick---------
-----------------------------------
----------(Lots of space)----------
Nani----Kagawa---Van Persie---Giggs

Kyoufu

Don't watch it.

The tears still haven't stopped.

Looking forward to our game with you.

If we win, it'll give us the belief we need. If we get smashed, we'll try harder to prove we don't completely suck in the next game.

edit: LOL Sevilla trolling. Those are not what I call defenders!

K1LLER7

If we win, it'll give us the belief we need. If we get smashed, we'll try harder to prove we don't completely suck in the next game.
Howard Webb should be back from injury for this game.

Hope Fergie gives him a start.

Clegg

edit: LOL Sevilla trolling. Those are not what I call defenders!

I was talking about Doctor Who.

K1LLER7

Nah, I've stopped. For realz now, I thought he was awful and at fault for the first two goals.
I'd blame the midfield for letting them run through the middle without any pressure at all. Rio could've done better but but the whole team was crap in the first first half. At least it's still early in the season and Rooney looks like he's in top form again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom