• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.

spidye

Well you are right and it's better not to expect much, but these games could give them real trouble, especially with the CL fixture against City mixed in between next week.

totally forgot city. yeah that could turn out to be a real trouble.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Think the only Norwegian band I have ever heard live must be TurboNegro. Not a band I can recommend, lol.

TURBONEGRO.jpg

dat flag

easly 2nd best

Wes

venison crêpe
If people are up for a little bit of serious debate this afternoon I'd like to know what your feelings are about the MK Dons. As I live quite locally I'd be interested to hear what peoples opinions are, particularly from people in the US where relocating a team is not unheard of.

There was a Guardian article by Paul Doyle put up yesterday regarding their young manager Karl Robinson and his attitude towards the game. It's a very good piece but equally as interesting is the comments section which range quite widely on people's feelings for the club.

I urge you to read the article and comments before replying. I've got to quickly pop out but I'll be back in half an hour or so to see if I've manged to stir up any discussion.

If people are up for a little bit of serious debate this afternoon I'd like to know what your feelings are about the MK Dons. As I live quite locally I'd be interested to hear what peoples opinions are, particularly from people in the US where relocating a team is not unheard of.

There was a Guardian article by Paul Doyle put up yesterday regarding their young manager Karl Robinson and his attitude towards the game. It's a very good piece but equally as interesting is the comments section which range quite widely on people's feelings for the club.

I urge you to read the article and comments before replying. I've got to quickly pop out but I'll be back in half an hour or so to see if I've manged to stir up any discussion.

I think its fine to transfer a team if its a choice between that and liquidation, but they should have ceased all connection with Wimbledon. Trophies should have gone down in history as belonging to a defunct Wimbledon FC

operon

Kelvin McKenzie wants Hillsborough apology from police

Ex-Sun editor Kelvin MacKenzie wants South Yorkshire Police to apologise for the "vilification" he received in the wake of the Hillsborough tragedy.

His lawyers have contacted the force asking for an apology over his "personal vilification for decades", the BBC's Ross Hawkins reported.

Mr MacKenzie printed a front page story about Liverpool fans, shortly after the 1989 disaster, headlined "The Truth".

Ninety-six football fans died as a result of the tragedy in Sheffield.

In an article for the Spectator to be published on Thursday, MacKenzie says: "I hope that after 23 years we can all agree on the truth."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-19727779 more there.

Has this guy any shame at all

I own every Disney and Pixar movie released on Bluray so far minus the tinker bell ones

Also am I reading this right, the guy who wrote for the sun and did the headline about hillsborough is seeking compo himself?

Edit mentioned above

Salazar

Bullard is still playing ? I thought he was proper fucked.

tumblr_m78cfdazvf1rolvisju.gif

The animosity feels justified. I respect him on one level for cultivating a passing style, but the remarks about lazily uprooting a club carry an awful lot of weight. And I understand that he's hardly going to publicly concede the scumminess of his club's initiation - but that just leaves him in a scummy position.

Yoshida creepin on Shinji said:

Slizz

Alex Morgan shits on every single French player. And I'm tired of missing out on the womens footy chat that goes on while I am sleeping...

tumblr_maqmasZiuG1rcjdp6o1_500.png

Meier

Dude, come on. You can't honestly think that Laure chick is even half as hot as Morgan.. right? I mean, be honest. She isn't even in the same ballpark. It's like a 10 versus a 6.

Why the fuck donovan doesnt go to you guys pisses me off

Donovan wants to move to Everton permanently. I think it's just a matter of the Galaxy not wanting to lose him since Beckham and Keane are fairly old and they could lose all of their marquee/marketable players in one fell swoop quite easily (Becks is supposed to be back for another year at least). I believe Donovan is expected to move to Everton on loan again in January at a minimum.

Looks like Ferrero isn't interested in buying any Milan share as of today. Maybe in future, but today we'll have to keep up with the Berlusconi bitterness.

Eh, back to the usual I guess. At least tonight the Tasso will win, I'm sure of it.
We're not going to win or even play something remotely close to football, clearly

Touching yourself to a girl with no figure, no personality, and no talent.

I thought it was a boy in panic room. :(

But seriously, the twilight hate does get pretty damn stupid, watched the first of them and yeah it's pretty bad, but it's not really that offensively bad that I can bother constantly mocking it even if their fans are fucking lunatics, in a world where people are Liverpool supporters and geniunly think dead space is good games, there's far more important people to point and laugh at.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Oh by the way, who's Alejandro Rodriguez ‏(twitter)?

-

Pescara vs Palermo
Forza Palermo. The faster we confirm Pescara's relegation, the better.

Inter vs Chievo
Forza not-Inter.

AC Milan vs Cagliari
Forza Milan.

Roma vs Sampdoria
Forza Ciro Ferrara

Udinese vs Torino
Forza Udinese, of course.

Lazio vs Napoli
Forza..

meteor.jpg

I thought it was a boy in panic room. :(

But seriously, the twilight hate does get pretty damn stupid, watched the first of them and yeah it's pretty bad, but it's not really that offensively bad that I can bother constantly mocking it even if their fans are fucking lunatics, in a world where people are Liverpool supporters and geniunly think dead space is good games, there's far more important people to point and laugh at.

I never realized that this Twilight thing is big, until recently. :-|

It still boggles my mind but different people like different shit, nothing wrong with that.

My main problem is that I don't really know what's hip (or not) anymore or even of the existence of any of this shit.. I'm really stepping into 'old people' territory and it scares me. :p

GorillaJu

Being a high school teacher keeps me abreast on a lot of pop culture. My girlfriend also keeps me up to date because she reads those stupid rags and blogs about celebrity gossip.

The slip into old manhood is inevitable, however.

And holy fuck this video card fan is loud as a motherfucker. Just built a new desktop PC... That's what I get for going with the cheap stuff!

Wes

venison crêpe
I think its fine to transfer a team if its a choice between that and liquidation, but they should have ceased all connection with Wimbledon. Trophies should have gone down in history as belonging to a defunct Wimbledon FC

That was indeed wrong. They should've done it at the time of the relocation. Although they did release any claim to trophies or history to the original borough who then gave them all to AFC Wimbledon I believe.

The animosity feels justified. I respect him on one level for cultivating a passing style, but the remarks about lazily uprooting a club carry an awful lot of weight. And I understand that he's hardly going to publicly concede the scumminess of his club's initiation - but that just leaves him in a scummy position.

They were the first club to give him a shot so you can understand the loyalty being shown there in both his regards to remaining at the club and also defending them somewhat.

What sours me though is the comments from that article. It seems to me that because MK Dons are only in League 1 they're insignifcant and whilst people have a poor opinion of them because of the past, they only raise such issue when they have some kind of media spotlight on them (ie. a cup game against a Premier League side).

So what is going to happen when they get in to the Championship? They'll have more profile - will there be a more constant stream of dislike for them from all corners of the land? What will the media coverage be like as a result? I believe one of the biggest news story still waiting to happen for football in this country is MK Dons playing AFC Wimbledon which is going to happen sooner rather than later.

And what about the kids? MK Dons are about 9 years old. There are kids entering middle school who haven't lived through a time before the relocation. MK Dons is a particularly young family city so this is quite a big issue - they want to support their local team, should they feel bad because of the history of their club that they don't even know?

As a Villa fan who lives close by I have no strong lean either way. I hate the idea of relocation and would've rather the investment have gone in the non-league side MK City at the time. AFC Wimbledon was created and got in to the league in the same amount of time, likewise so could that team? AFC fans have a right to forever hold MK in utter contempt. On the other side, how long will it take for MK Dons to gain a legitimate club status - as it seems they're always reffered to as the cousin no one talks about. Will it take a generation of those current 9 year olds to become mothers and fathers themselves and take their own kids to a Dons game?

It's a strange scenario all round, and I fear only going to get worse as the Dons' profile increases. Is that just? I really don't know.

qindarka

Banned
Regarding Twilight, their fans may be crazy but for every fanatic I come across on my daily surfing, I come across 1000 haters who are more annoying. I exaggerate only slightly.

Really, the fanatics are easy enough to avoid as long as you don't go to their fan forums of conventions or something. Don;t see why people are so annoyed by all of this. Let them enjoy what they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom