• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Society in general has little qualms about downloading music regardless of context, to be frank. Must note, this isn't me declaring that I personally do it, just a generalised nugget on society.

Music's gone over the waterfall, it's all downhill from here as far as sales go.

Can't even say that annoys me too much. So many fucking talentless leeches in the music industry

Arnie

Can't even say that annoys me too much. So many fucking talentless leeches in the music industry

tUr7c.gif

and most of them are the ones who will survive easily anyway, it's the smaller artists that gets hit hard with this. A lot seems to figure out now it's all about making some awesome special editions with all kinds of crap to come with them, merch and live shows though, instead of trying to fight torrent trackers.

Arnie

Hope Suso grabs a few minutes tonight, although I think Rodgers is saving him for Norwich. Which says too much about our team considering he wasn't even training at Melwood a month ago. Not arsed though, excited as fuck. It really is exhilarating seeing all these talented youngsters coming through and getting game time for the first team, as a consolation to not winning. Sterling, Suso, and Shelvey are huge highlights of the season so far, which most will find laughable, but I'm pleased about.

Now give Suso a contract and a pen.

Speaking of pens and contracts, all of Europes new hope Andreas Cornelius finally signed the deal keeping him at Copenhagen until 2016, can't wait for him to play more national games while Bendtner rots on Juve bench. Also for some reason Cesar Santin renewed despite saying how he wanted to try something new for the last 2 years now.

Hope Suso grabs a few minutes tonight, although I think Rodgers is saving him for Norwich. Which says too much about our team considering he wasn't even training at Melwood a month ago. Not arsed though, excited as fuck. It really is exhilarating seeing all these talented youngsters coming through and getting game time for the first team, as a consolation to not winning. Sterling, Suso, and Shelvey are huge highlights of the season so far, which most will find laughable, but I'm pleased about.

Now give Suso a contract and a pen.

I can only think that there's some verbal agreement between Suso and the cub that he'll sign the contract if he's given assurances.

Kyoufu

Some charity for deaf children came over asking for money. I didn't have the balls to say no. :(

Did I do a good thing?

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Society in general has little qualms about downloading music regardless of context, to be frank. Must note, this isn't me declaring that I personally do it, just a generalised nugget on society.

Music's gone over the waterfall, it's all downhill from here as far as sales go.

Im a bad person. I love android for dat free music

is this bannable?

--in the us concerts are mad expensive thats where they make dat money

-reveal yourself who is your favorite band?

tool

come at me bros

Some charity for deaf children came over asking for money. I didn't have the balls to say no. :(

Did I do a good thing?

deafkids.com

Does that mean there will be noise or there won't be noise?

They're just deaf though, they're not deaf offenders?

#pilky&partridge

AndresON777

shooting blanks
and most of them are the ones who will survive easily anyway, it's the smaller artists that gets hit hard with this. A lot seems to figure out now it's all about making some awesome special editions with all kinds of crap to come with them, merch and live shows though, instead of trying to fight torrent trackers.

A musician. It all makes sense now

Did I do a good thing?

Last time one of those people came knocking on my door was at like 11 while I was still sleeping having been pretty drunk the night before, so i open the door only wearing boxers and otherwise smelling of piss and this amazingly cute girl stands there. I of course gave her money and then went to the shower masturbating about to thought of fucking her, then threw up when i left the shower, not one of my proudest days. They have't been here since, maybe they black listed me or something, i did give a pretty damn fair amount and all.

faridmon

--in the us concerts are mad expensive thats where they make dat money

As someone who went to a lot of gigs and talked to the band themselves, they actually lose money on gigs and stuff. They do tours just to promote albums, but most of the entrance money goes to the venue itself.

At least for indie bands.

Kyoufu

Last time one of those people came knocking on my door was at like 11 while I was still sleeping having been pretty drunk the night before, so i open the door only wearing boxers and otherwise smelling of piss and this amazingly cute girl stands there. I of course gave her money and then went to the shower masturbating about to thought of fucking her, then threw up when i left the shower, not one of my proudest days. They have't been here since, maybe they black listed me or something, i did give a pretty damn fair amount and all.

I was in my boxers too and the girl was also cute and I probably smelled like piss too.

Didn't drink or masturbate though. :p

I like the JT meme because its quite subtle and it isn't one of those shite memes where its done once and some twat goes 'OMG lets make that a meme lol'

When will the Xperia T be available on contract?

A musician. It all makes sense now

Hah, i am not and will never be. In a family full of them though. My brother pretty much lives with Thomas Helmig (one of the best selling danish pop rock shit artists) and his wife Renee Toft Simmonsen who was a pretty huge international model in the 80's/90's, they are certainly not the ones suffering from anything but they got a nice home studio. But it's pretty silly not to mind music piracy as a whole, Lars Ulrich not being able to afford a third private jet is not important, but smaller bands that used to be able to live off their music that now can't tour around because they got to have jobs sucks.

faridmon

fuenf

he's no Alaba though!

btw. just saw Dortmund's next 3 games, lol!

29.09.2012 18:30 Borussia Dortmund : M'gladbach -:- (-:)
07.10.2012 17:30 Hannover 96 : Borussia Dortmund -:- (-:)
20.10.2012 15:30 Borussia Dortmund : FC Schalke 04 -:- (-:)

could get ugly :p

AndresON777

shooting blanks

you were drunk at 11? was I rude last night you seem to be ignoring me. that is not me that was Dark Andres. He has issues lol

spidye

he's no Alaba though!

btw. just saw Dortmund's next 3 games, lol!

29.09.2012 18:30 Borussia Dortmund : M'gladbach -:- (-:)
07.10.2012 17:30 Hannover 96 : Borussia Dortmund -:- (-:)
20.10.2012 15:30 Borussia Dortmund : FC Schalke 04 -:- (-:)

could get ugly :p

schalke sucks, hannover isn't as good as they were at the start of the season and we all know how gladbach plays. probably the best time to play those teams.

and lol. Gündogan's not even on the cover.

As someone who went to a lot of gigs and talked to the band themselves, they actually lose money on gigs and stuff. They do tours just to promote albums, but most of the entrance money goes to the venue itself.

That might be how some of them are working, but yeah I have talked about what a huge fan boy of a rather smallish band (dillinger escape plan) i am and traveled around Europe a few times to watch them, they pretty much make all their money from concerts and the merch sold there, they also self publish their albums and such but it just doesn't really make much money for them, so that is 200 concerts a year instead. :p

They don't whine about it and when asked also talks about all the positives, like how they can promote themselves on the internets and sometimes even just makes it free, in hope people will come to shows/gets merch or special editions shit, hell the last album i bought with them came with a fucking tv-b-gone remote, it's the greatest thing ever, it turns off any TV's and can be hilarious annoying people who don't know you got it with.

Dammit, i need my copy now, but isn't here until tomorrow.

you were drunk at 11? was I rude last night you seem to be ignoring me. that is not me that was Dark Andres. He has issues lol

I meant I had a hangover from the day before at 11 (in the morning). Dark Andres is you and I don't mind the rudeness. ;)

Turn On The Bright Lights is the greatest album of all time

OF ALL TIME

MISS MACHINE IS BETTER AND I DON'T KNOW HOW ANYONE COULD THINK OTHERWISE.

AndresON777

shooting blanks

im talking big bands. i love dave matthews and when he comes to Atlanta people go wild

There are two inaccuracies in this GamesRadar excerpt regarding Cole McGrath. First person to spot them gets to use my
LOF subscription
tonight

'Bike-messenger-turned-superhero/villain Cole MacGrath has an origin story that feels right at home with any of the traditional pantheon of classic caped crusaders: A delivery mission goes awry when his package turns out to be a massive, electronic bomb, and when it detonates, millions are killed. He survived the blast, albeit changed into a superhuman with the ability to fire lightning blasts from his hands, surf on power lines, and talk in a gruff, grizzled voice.

Oh, wait, that voice thing only happened in the sequel. Either way, Cole’s level of badassery is related mostly in his skills in kickassery. By the end of the second game the guy is packing some massive voltage, throwing whirlwinds of energy at foes and even gaining the ability to control other elements. Not bad for a guy who had previously spent most of his time trying not to drive his bike into opening car doors.'

fuenf

schalke sucks, hannover isn't as good as they were at the start of the season and we all know how gladbach plays. probably the best time to play those teams.

and lol. Gündogan's not even on the cover.

Well you are right and it's better not to expect much, but these games could give them real trouble, especially with the CL fixture against City mixed in between next week.

Salazar

Marking some creative writing pieces at the moment.

Seriously feels like Wilbury is in my class. The hell is with students writing stuff that belongs in futbolGAF after dark

faridmon

wut?

Unless you mean literally

well, Looking at my virtual Library (Last FM) I do listen to The Cribs, The Drums and the Vaccines. Those are somehow big bands. Then you have the Sex Pistols, Talking Heads, Joy Division and the likes of the classical era, so no, I don't mean literally. But mainstream music doesn't really do anything for me.

But I do listnd to a few mainstream Japanese and Norwegian singers and bands.

hipster

Why the fuck donovan doesnt go to you guys pisses me off
kylie minogue
i just like good musice and I feel many of them have moved beyond that and into the realm of production-ism and they concern moer about image than anything else. kylie Manogue is a good example. Her 90s stuff is awesome, the newer ones, not so.

well, Looking at my virtual Library (Last FM) I do listen to The Cribs, The Drums and the Vaccines. Those are somehow big bands. Then you have the Sex Pistols, Talking Heads, Joy Division and the likes of the classical era, so no, I don't mean literally. But mainstream music doesn't really do anything for me.

But I do listnd to a few mainstream Japanese and Norwegian singers and bands.

kylie minogue
i just like good musice and I feel many of them have moved beyond that and into the realm of production-ism and they concern moer about image than anything else. kylie Manogue is a good example. Her 90s stuff is awesome, the newer ones, not so.

Think the only Norwegian band I have ever heard live must be TurboNegro. Not a band I can recommend, lol.

TURBONEGRO.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom