• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Laugh at, not celebrate.

And no, because I like Pique.

How can you like Pique but not Puyol?

pique-spit-xd-o.gif

Fabregas being a twat as well

jts

...hate me...
Inside tip guys, bet on Porto. Always bet on Porto.

Going to the match today. I hardly remember the last UCL match I went to, so pretty much excited.

U going down Ibra!

FWIW, I lost about $100 or so over the course of a few months of betting on American football (just small $3-5 parlay bets and the like). I was up about the same at one point but that's how it works. I had more disposable income at the time though.

Never again am I betting on College (American) Football. I'd get sucked in to those MAC games and DI-A games. Never again.

Clegg

RVP has score seven goals in seven games for United.

I'm slightly surprised at how well he's settled in. I thought he'd take a while to start scoring goals but he's brilliant as ever. United probably need to get him more involved in games, but right now I'm delighted that he's hit the ground running.

Kyoufu

I'm slightly surprised at how well he's settled in. I thought he'd take a while to start scoring goals but he's brilliant as ever. United probably need to get him more involved in games, but right now I'm delighted that he's hit the ground running.

Not much better than Demba Ba.

he sucks

And James. The past, the present and the future.

But not for 5 to 10 years

Unless that team is Porto

I'd be a Porto fan if Asprilla played for them.

Should be 8. Should have scored against Spurs :(

D_prOdigy

Strikes me as a bit of a case of he's firing because no-one else is.

Clegg

Who is/was better in their prime? Van Persie or Torres?

RVP is at his peak right now while Torres' peak was from 2007-2009.

I think it's too early to judge as players peak at different times in their carers. Torres had 3 great seasons at Liverpool scoring 72 goals in that time.

RVP really found his goalscoring form at the start of the 2010 season. In his last two seasons at Arsenal he scored 59 goals in all competitions. Then you have to add on the seven he's scored for United too. So 66 in two and a bit seasons.

I think we should also take into account that RVP is a more versatile player than Torres. He can play wide left and as a number ten whilst Torres has always been a striker.

Kyoufu

Do they have X number of goal favorites in European betting? A standard bet in America is based on a team winning by a certain amount. Is it more standard to just straight up pick winners for you guys?

Yeah but we have all sorts of bets to choose from if we want something different from outright winners.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Our ultras posted a strongly worded letter to our president
wsS6x.gif
wsS6x.gif
wsS6x.gif

Juventus Ultra' Explain Empty Stadium in attack on Agnelli
Here is a translation of the letter the Ultra' posted in explanation of the empty (and quiet) stadium against Shakthar that Agnelli criticized.

"Here is your shitty stadium, Agnelli: the occasional fans in suits and ties in the curva, who complain about flags and those "assholes" who are on their feet signing and clapping until the 90th. Those "assholes" who travel many kilometers every, who work a shitty job or those who don't even have one. Those "assholes" who save up the whole week to just get a fucking ticket and then try to enter with a different name, because of the tessera del tifoso. Those "assholes" who take the bus or van to the game to save a few euros to buy a beer and sandwich, those "assholes" who get warned and denounced by the club and even get a fine of 170-500 euros for trying to enter, hoping to go in double in the turnstiles, because 40 euros in the curva for a Champion's League match seems very high.

Because of your fault, the curva is becoming a theater where only a few can attend. And then you go on Facebook, and I read you saying that the Curva isn't doing a great job cheering on the etam, and that at home on the couch, you can't hear the chants. Today, the "assholes" like you call them, were not allowed to enter in the stadium.

NO TO THE OCCASIONAL FAN.

Agnelli, put one thing in your head: WE ARE JUVENTUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom