• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenka

Code:
Zenit St-Petersburg      0-0 	AC Milan	 
[B]Arsenal [/B]                 1-0    Olympiakos  Piraeus	  	
[B]Dinamo Kiev[/B]              3-1    Dinamo Zagreb	  	
FC Porto                 1-2    [B]Paris St-Germain	[/B]  	
[B]Schalke 04[/B]               2-0    Montpellier	  	        
Anderlecht               0-2    [B]Málaga[/B]	  	                
[B]Manchester City[/B]          3-1	Borussia Dortmund  	
Ajax                     0-2    [B]Real Madrid[/B]

elseanio

I said before. Just add on about £200. I don't really want to feel like I'm encouraging anyone.

I wish I'd followed Jeff when those Kean odds were really good. And I'd be living like a king right now if Blackpool had won.

Yep, also kicking myself with Jeff having some inside info. Was going to do it the night he mentioned the 40/1, but just slipped my mind :(

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Alex de Souza:
"The coach [Aykut Kocaman] dropped me and said, 'I'm the manager and I'm the leader and you are no longer in my plans' to me. I entered the chairman's office at 16:15 and left at 16:18. My 8 years at this club [Fenerbahçe] came to an end in 3 minutes"

:(

Hey guys, so I haven't been too active on GAF the past 5-6 months. I went through some rough patches over the summer in my personal life that involved depression and such, I don't want to get into too much detail but i'm feeling better now :). Hope some of you still remember me from before. Anyway, i'll let out some of my thoughts on the season so far.

Hey welcome back! I remember you!

WJD

Done all my Uni work for the week and the Mrs is at work. Considering buying Portal for £20 to ease the boredom. Do I go for it?

Will the Anderlecht-Malaga game be good or will it be total shit? Never seen those teams play.

It should be good, as in hopefully Anderlecht defense will be split open by Isco. Anderlecht are crap but they probably won't turtle and Malaga are playing some nice football lately apparently so could be a nice beatdown.

This betting talk is getting to me, hard to resist when Bungie is promoting it so much. Wouldn't mind getting £200 every football evening. No idea where anhow to start though, never bet on anything in my entire life, can't even read the odds like X number/Y number.

Blablurn

milla jovovich was in parker lewis cant lose? my mind is blown.

PARKERLEWIS4.JPG

Referee's Association

There is absolutely no truth in suggestions Chris Foy has been demoted or punished in some way. The fact is it is his turn to to officiate at a Football League game this weekend. Chris has refereed more Premier League games than most this season and there is a rota system in place.

Alex-Ferguson-MU.jpg

Messi

Is it dodgy to go for an accumulator that includes wins for:

PSG
Arsenal
Madrid
AC Milan
Malaga

I don't know about Milan.

D_prOdigy

I remember when Dortmund knocked us out in 97. They were a powerful team. Difficult to believe they would become so rank with hipster fans
<3

Think City will proper do them in tonight though.

Anyone else in the UK following the case of the missing little girl April Jones? I've just flicked Sky News on as they show live footage of the police searching a river. Really fucking grim.

Apparently loads of Dortmund fans signed up for City membership and bought tickets in the home section... but City cancelled them.

It was clear from the beginning that City would cancel them, you need a booking history to get tickets. Some fans bought some cheap shit tickets (for some cup or youth match), thus have a booking history and got their tickets. Not many, though, I guess.

Further proof that City is a terrible club: BVB's fan representative spoke with City and they rather want an Emptyhad instead of selling tickets to BVB fans. I mean, I get that they don't want BVB fans in the home section because of security. But they could have just made the guest section a bit bigger.

near

Gold Member
Anyone else in the UK following the case of the missing little girl April Jones? I've just flicked Sky News on as they show live footage of the police searching a river. Really fucking grim.

It might turn out to be another Madeleine case. So sad. :(

Yep, also kicking myself with Jeff having some inside info. Was going to do it the night he mentioned the 40/1, but just slipped my mind :(

It was more the fact that 40/1 was ridiculous odds knowing the target of 16 points set for Kean weirdly that had been reported in the media as well

Wish I put more than a tenner on as I shouldn't be greedy, went shopping yesterday with it and gave half to the wife and son to spend.

Willykiller yeah the fact the coastguards are searching makes me feel sick it can't be good

It was more the fact that 40/1 was ridiculous odds knowing the target of 16 points set for Kean weirdly that had been reported in the media as well

Wish I put more than a tenner on as I shouldn't be greedy, went shopping yesterday with it and gave half to the wife and son to spend.

Willykiller yeah the fact the coastguards are searching makes me feel sick it can't be good

Oh you.

But yeah, not a good sign. Really unnecessary for Sky to be showing live footage of them searching though, I mean I don't want to say it but imagine if the unthinkable happened and they found something live on air?

Messi

oliviakippis.gif

Classy move.

Anyone know how to install a blu ray drive into an r3 case? Either in being an idiot again or the screws holes don't line up with that of the case.

Bo-Locks

I don't watch the news whenever a kid goes missing like this. I know that keeping it it in the media is beneficial, but it's as though the 24/7 broadcasters (especially Sky News) are revelling in it, and I find it really quite sick. So far I've seen Sky News reporters shove cameras in the faces of members of the public who were searching through fields in the rain, and I've even seen them "interview" delivery drivers who were just dropping off food at the community centre. I mean, Jesus Christ. What is the point in any of that? I find it really quite disturbing.

I hope the girl is found alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom