• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.

deroli

Damn only 10 minutes left. I have no expectations for the match yet I cannot contain my excitement. I'm curious to see Bender playing in the starting eleven. A great player, but very injury-prone this year. I hope he improves our defense which looked bad in 2 of our 3 latest matches.

I scored a great goal in the PC Pro Club earlier!

http://www.ea.com/uk/football/videos/ugc/137653265

Although we still lost 6-1 haha! We miss Woodens amazing defensive skills.

Nice goal! Probably won't play more today, will be on for most of the day tomorrow and clown around back there. Look at this sweet mullet I have gotten

Esv73.jpg

Meier

Saw dc posting about free £10 on Skybet, is that available for people not living in the UK aswell? No idea if there are any international restrictions when it comes to those betting websites.

I imagine it's restricted. Technically online gambling is illegal in the US, but there are a few sites that operate outside US jurisdiction that get away with it. If you're from outside the US though, I think it's fine in most countries.. certainly much of Europe.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
C'mon BVB, don't ruin it, we're destined to meet in the final.
And we're destined to lose again so no worries there

Or you can knock Shakhtar for us, I'll take that too.

Haha thanks, think everyone was too busy counting their winnings. Was your highfive.jpg about Jojo by the way? Just noticed it.

Yes.
Reymi.gif

Meier

I like the 3-1 prediction for City. We'll see, I think the team will get a win though. Performed well against German clubs at home in recent memory.

Haha thanks, think everyone was too busy counting their winnings. Was your highfive.jpg about Jojo by the way? Just noticed it.

What if I gambled a big sum, following your Newcastle's predictions? Sounds accurate enough!

Amazing reply, thanks for taking the time to write that. Those accumulators sound pretty risky to start with, something for seasoned betters. Probably best go with easy bets on results like a win or a loss or maybe first scorer in a match before moving onto bigger things I guess.

Saw dc posting about free £10 on Skybet, is that available for people not living in the UK aswell? No idea if there are any international restrictions when it comes to those betting websites.

I imagine it's restricted. Technically online gambling is illegal in the US, but there are a few sites that operate outside US jurisdiction that get away with it. If you're from outside the US though, I think it's fine in most countries.. certainly much of Europe.

Beat me to it. It is very difficult to gamble on sports in the U.S. you need a bookie or not to be banned from the only decent site that allows U.S. citizens to gamble >_<

If something is 3/1, it means if you put down $1, you get back $3. Every dollar times the fraction = your return.

5/8 = $0.63 per $1.
500/1 = $500 per $1
2/1 = $2 per $1
15/14 = $1.07 per $1

etc.

Basically, the bigger the favorite, the less you make for betting on them. Sometimes a team is such a huge favorite to win though that you're willing to potentially lose more than you can earn off a bet. (aka if you bet on a 8/15 favorite, you can only make $8 for every $15 you bet.. terrible rate of return).

You can also place bets on parlays (accumulators apparently in the UK) where you're betting on multiple results happening. I'm not sure the exact formula for what you earn -- I assume it has to do with multiplying the odds of all of the results you're betting on (but there is a little more to it than that since even if you bet on 5 favorites with less than 1:1 odds, there is a bonus in there for the number of results). Ultimately you can make a lot more money this way because your odds of winning decrease when relying on multiple outcomes. So you may spend $10 but bet on 5 things happening which could then yield you $200 while a direct $2 on each result separately might yield you $20.

There are prop bets (first yellow card will be Nigel de Jong, Ronaldo will score a FK, etc.) and Over/Under bets which means you think the teams will score 2 or 3 goals or more combined (for instance).

You can also sometimes bet on a direct winner rather than on a spread and these bets will be shown as +130 or -170, etc. which reflects the rate of return (+ means you'll make more than $1 per dollar bet, - means you won't).

Easiest way to understand fractions in this context is you add the two numbers together, thats what you'd get if you staked the number on the right. For example,

5/1 = You'd get £6 back if you staked £1.

5/2 = You'd get £7 back if you staked £2.

But most sites allow you to display odds in Decimals e.g. 5.00. This means you multiply whatever you stake by 5.00

dc89

Honestly do not know about that.

And I'm really shocked at the empty seats tonight, it kinda does suck :/ Great to see EviLore on the pitch though.
Anyway, I'll be going to the Ajax games all being well!! Looking forward to it already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom