• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jensen

And we're out of that group, pretty sure of it.

Thank the Lord for Mr Joe Hart. Insane performance.
I don't think you are. Dortmund have Madrid home and away and City should pick up 6 points from Ajax. Sets up the next Dortmund-City very nicely.

Arnie

That isn't an intentional handball, and it happened so quickly that there was no way for the defender to move his arm away.

Fucking bottle job decision, and City should consider that point an embarrassment. United-esque.

Why cant City fill their stadium for games like this? Manchester is a massive footballing area. You'd think even neutrals would jump at the chance. City were advertising tickets on YouTube videos

Wow.

City just hanging on in the group really but it should have been all but over for them. Don't think that was a pen at all.

Dortmund have to look at themselves though. They missed so many good chances.

Fergie was there. He's seen Gundogan. Come on Frogson. Bet Kagawa wishes he could go back. Dortmund are class.

Yeah, Utd aren't the same side they were a few years ago. Odd decision on his part, as I think he took a step down

Hmm yeah, I'll go with that.

Not sure if serious.

That isn't an intentional handball, and it happened so quickly that there was no way for the defender to move his arm away.

When you chose to have your arm flying like that when there's a good chance there will be a shot, yes, that can be ruled intentional. It's a penalty any day and I would be furious if it was Copenhagen/Palermo/Chelsea not getting it. You can't stand in a fucking T pose either and expect not to get a penalty against you just cause you didn't have time to move.

Arnie

Why cant City fill their stadium for games like this? Manchester is a massive footballing area. You'd think even neutrals would jump at the chance. City were advertising tickets on YouTube videos
My mate who's an Ipswich fan went. My entire house couldve jumped on a train and bough tickets at the ground. Again, embarrassing.

Rad-

Fucking bottle job decision, and City should consider that point an embarrassment. United-esque.

So what? His arm was very unnaturally in the way and the player was facing the ball. Clear pen to me.

pulga

Banned
How awesome was the Kaka-Benz goal?

So fuckin' awesome

untitled-20yumw.gif

feel

PORTOOOOOO!!! So happy right now!

Just watched Ronaldo's goals, wow they were very nice, for the third one I don't remember he ever chipping it over the keeper with this much smoothness and class. (Messi style)

Meier

As a defender, you should know better than to stick your arm away from your body while in the box. He put himself in a situation to be penalized.

I think City are done for, regardless. You have to win your home fixtures and hope for a draw or two away when a group is stacked like this. If Ajax had been able to hold Dortmund to a draw at home, it'd be a very different story, but as is.. I think we're probably done.

Fry

So what did we learn today?

Kaka is still awesome.
City are still shit at European competition.

GAF has a lot of closet Borussia fans. :p

Grim1ock

Banned
why did i tell you my fellow city brethren? Mancini will never win you a champions league. 3 at the back with uncalibrated players.

Anyways we the arsenal are ROLLING ROLLING ROLLING. Gervinho beating up his haterz and ofcourse the grim welsh reaper scoring a goal. Up the arsenal!

deroli

One fucking metre distance between Subotic's hand and the foot of the City player when he touched the ball. That's no penalty.
We deserved a victory. We were on par in the first half and the better team after the break. But one goal is too little after all these chances (Götze in the first half, Lewy and Reus after the goal). But I'm still super proud. I would have never imagined such a game against such a good opponent (that played below its normal level I guess). That's an huge improvement compared to our last CL season.

Arnie

Spoken like someone who's never played the game.
Yes, exactly, there's a lot of that in here.

Where in the rules does it suggest defenders have to approach attackers with their hands clasped on their ass. Utterly pathetic.

At full speed, and considering the context of the situation there's not a lot the defender could've done, and the ball hit him high up the arm.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
One fucking metre distance between Subotic's hand and the foot of the City player when he touched the ball. That's no penalty.
We deserved a victory. We were on par in the first half and the better team after the break. But one goal is too little after all these chances (Götze in the first half, Lewy and Reus after the goal). But I'm still super proud. I would have never imagined such a game against such a good opponent (that played below its normal level I guess). That's an huge improvement compared to our last CL season.

You played we'll but given the chances you wasted, you can't really say you deserved to win. You had a chance to end the match and pissed it away.

That was never a pen for me not in a million years.

It even hit his leg first and deflected onto his arm.

He's so close to the ball aswell, less than a yard away. Ridiculous call. If I was playing and that was given against me I'd go insane.

You played we'll but given the chances you wasted, you can't really say you deserved to win. You had a chance to end the match and pissed it away.
This however is bang on.

Ref made a mistake. So did Dortmund players when through on goal. Should have won 3-0.

Turok_TTZ

For one who is destined to leave madrid, Benzema truly leaves me speechless with his professionalism and dedication to madrid and the fans. What a performance by benz. Can't ask for a better performance from one who will leave in jan. makes me wanna cry.

Dortmund shud have won, PSG made me laugh out loud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom